Page 2 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 3 Page 4

lucky_lakshmi

IF-Sizzlerz

lucky_lakshmi

Posted: 25 May 2005 at 2:19am | IP Logged

almost all ekta kapoor soaps are like this!there r soooooooooo many marriages n divorses,illegal relations etc!

what is she playing at!i donot understand her!n after all this she says that she is potraying indian culture blh,.... blah.....blah!Deadya!agreed that she potraysthe ideal indian traditional women!she has made idols like tulsi frm kyunki n parvati frm kahani!but she is sometimes destroying the characters of the men!i hate her!

STILL I WATCH SOME OF HER SOAPS AS THEY R VERY GUD N THEY ROCK!(SORRY)Wink

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "TV Serials and Marriage (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

greatmaratha

IF-Sizzlerz

greatmaratha

Posted: 25 May 2005 at 3:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Selina

Originally posted by MysticaMagic

Technically, the divorce rate has gone up even in India, so in that sense, what TV shows portray is not completely inaccurate.

But commonly people don't marry 4 times.

Commonly maybe not.  But I know someone who had recently married for the fifth time and that too to someone who is one year younger than his oldest daughter.....  Can you believe that...Angry  They separated in 8 months time.  I dont think I want to guess why Wink

lashy

IF-Sizzlerz

lashy

Posted: 25 May 2005 at 4:27am | IP Logged
there may be a few freak cases of people marrying over and over again, but these are cases that do not happen daily or on a common basis. showing this problem in every one of the ekta kapoor households, makes us wonder about the messages she wants to give across....

Edited by lashforever - 25 May 2005 at 4:29am

greatmaratha

IF-Sizzlerz

greatmaratha

Posted: 25 May 2005 at 4:34am | IP Logged
that I certainly agree......  Becos it gets repeated in each of her shows, it has become very common place now.  Just imagine this, when KKusum started, it was promoted as the story of an aam Maharashtrian middle class mulgi.....  The aam Maharashtrian mulgi concept was left behind god knows when....................

lucky_lakshmi

IF-Sizzlerz

lucky_lakshmi

Posted: 25 May 2005 at 6:16am | IP Logged
dont forget kasauti zindagi kay yaar!in that soap Mr.Anurag basu has married 3 times!DeadYUCK!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

melahi99

memsaab

IF-Rockerz

memsaab

Posted: 25 May 2005 at 10:08am | IP Logged

well.. divorce is a totally different topis from the topic we have now. Definitely, some of the Indian TV serials are misleading the meaning and value of marriage.

The new formula going on thesedays in India Television is siblings having a common interest.

Look at Kyunki Saash Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi..  two brothers one woman formula.

Now, here Gautam who is Mihir's elder son is common among two bahus, Ganga common among two brothers and Karan common among two bahus.

Gautam and Ganga got married.. But since she is Ganga, the marriage is not consumated. Then, later she got divorced and married Sahil. Gautam married Tisha. Tisha died. Gautam to take revenge from Karan, took away his girlfriend Damini and with conspiration, married Damini.

Nandini was in love with Karan. Ansh's conspiracy and Nandini ended getting married to Ansh. Now, they wanted Kahani me twist, so Ansh raped Nandini. (I totally stopped watching this serial after this.... )

Well, in both cases, they have shown the bahus with brothers but consumated marriage with only one brother. Like Danvir Karan from Mahabharat, Karan has been giving daan of his loves to his brothers.

and... to top it all Mihir has a son Karan from Mandira and Mandira's conspiracy.. marries Mihir's brother. OH MY GOD..

the common girl between brothers or common guy between sisters have become so common..this format is being copied is every third serial thesedays..

look at Yeh Meri Life Hai.. Ronit out of blue married Puja's sister (I stopped watching this serial after this... ) and then now, from alien planet, they bring Ronit's half brother and got him married to Pujaa

Well. Tumhari Disha is already half way to this format. Inder and Disha were in love but there was a BIG reason why Disha left home and married DK first and then got Rano and Inder married (but it was digestable for me). BUT.. now it is in its way to complete the format if the rumour of her getting married to her brother-in-law (he may not be the brother-in-law from the sources I have heard that Vedant was not Dhruv Saigal's son) comes to be true, I know I am going to stop watching this serial also.

Edited by memsaab - 25 May 2005 at 10:15am

lakshmi_maruthi

Goldie

lakshmi_maruthi

Posted: 25 May 2005 at 10:21am | IP Logged

First of all, why pick only Ekta, most of the serails these days are like this. But the question is not why she does this, the question is does it really happen in real life and if so why is it happening. What role has the television medium had in bringing this about.

What used to be the foundation of a society has sadly reduced to a relationship of convience most of the times. It is really sad that marriage has become a means of achieving rather a scared relation which our ancestors wished it to be.

Marriage is no longer considered a commitment as today's younger generation does not want to make the committment. This is the result of many things and TV is marely one of them. Either spouse has neither the time nor the patience to work at a relation. In this jetage, marriage have become like a outfit which a person gets into and out of. Promises are made and broken just like that. It is just a means to achieving a higher motive.

However this is not the case with all marriages, hopefully. Well atleast most of the cases and we hope it remains that way.

Puja and Mysti, totally agree. I also wonder what has brought about the change in attitude. Puja your examples are on dot. As you know, even I have wondered about these many a times. There seems to be such a difference of opnion between 2 generations and one is forced to wonder what caused this. How did we contribute to this?

sowmyaa

IF-Dazzler

sowmyaa

Posted: 25 May 2005 at 11:51am | IP Logged

Clap Clap Pooja as always it was great explanation. I also think that India is a huge country with lots of diversification. There is lower class, lower middle class, middle class, upper middleclass, higher class etc. Literacy also changes as per each class and choice of watching show depends upon each show. ie. piya ka ghar there are times when they show sister trying to take older brother's son 'coz she is not having one and tortures her bhabhi to give her son to her. Such kind of things are hard to see in lietereate family ....i assume all thses show are made taking into account different class of people just like bolloywood films. Also, since women in our society now stresses more on their career adn sometimes not want to compromise family life due to career there are some tensions in household. India has always been a male dominating society and still is upto an extend. Also, there are not many let-go attitude in today's generation. TV does have influence on these extra-maritail affair adn all the other vices they show, however, all other factors also play major role in changing our society.

Edited by vijay - 26 May 2005 at 4:53pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top