Bollywood all time gossip thread-continues here.. - Page 96

Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by eeyoretel

Probably no production house wants to finance Ashutosh's project because of the way he & his wife dealt with the producer of Khele Hum JJS's after the fiasco.

what did they two do?
Originally posted by OneStepCloser

what did they two do?

The Film Is Mine, the Losses Yours

The Film Is Mine, the Losses Yours • John's First among Sequels • The Secret Nuptials
Tagged Under | Ashutosh Gowariker | John Abraham
An unmitigated box-office disaster

Ashutosh Gowariker had some important visitors at his Bandra office last week, a few days after the release of Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey, by when it was clear that the film was an unmitigated box-office disaster. It appears the head honchos from PVR Films, his producers, had decided to pay the director a visit to discuss the possibility of his "helping them out" to reduce a portion of the losses that they were likely to incur on the film.

Gowariker's production budget was reportedly Rs 36 crore on the film, to which PVR is believed to have spent an additional Rs 9 crore on prints, publicity and marketing, bringing the film's total budget to a whopping Rs 45 crore. According to industry estimates, the producers are likely to lose up to
Rs 30 crore on this period film, even after revenues from the sale of satellite rights and home video rights are calculated. No wonder the desperate producers landed up at Gowariker's office, urging him to "share" part of the film's losses by offering to return some portion of the approximately Rs 16 crore he's believed to have made from the film as his writing, directing and co-producing fees.

From what I hear, the director brought his wife Sunita Gowariker, who heads the production side of things at his company, into the meeting. After hearing out the team from PVR patiently, Sunita is believed to have blamed the failure of Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey squarely on PVR. "The film is great. It's your marketing that has failed us. If I were you, I'd let your marketing department go," she's believed to have said.

Gowariker didn't return any part of his fees.

http://www.openthemagazine.com/article/voices/the-film-is-mine-the-losses-yours

hmm..a good director wasted.
attitude is as important as talent. 
Originally posted by Blukitten

Why not ?? Ppl commit murders for various reasons. Cld be anything.

You tube has the link to complete report..as to what led police to beleive ti was not suicide and also her parents intws..quite a good doc
Originally posted by lovebull

you think homosexuality is a disease that i am her 'private doctor'? 😆 she might be bisexual. she lives near my house. i see enough. now feel free to say what you like. 😃

actually hv nthg to say to a peeping tom..
Originally posted by calmness

Why did Dilip Kumar not have any kids? Did he marry that late? 

Like others said, Saira was unable to conceive, he even got married again to some girl named Asma in 1980 supposedly to have a child but Saira basically shooed her away. 

Originally posted by Rangeelaa

Like others said, Saira was unable to conceive, he even got married again to some girl named Asma in 1980 supposedly to have a child but Saira basically shooed her away. 

There were 2 stories that circulated about Asma.

One that she had tricked Dilip Kumar into marrying her and together with her ex-husband cheated him and used to tell his secrets to the media.

The other was as you said that Asma left her husband and kids to marry Dilip Kumar but Saira Banu drove her away.

Anyway, the lady went back to her first husband.

Though the nation was shocked when he got married and supported him as events unfolded, the industry does not have too much respect for Dilip Kumar as he is said to be very vengeful and manipulative.
Ex-husband? Saira Banu had been married before? That's new.
Originally posted by krystal_watz

Ex-husband? Saira Banu had been married before? That's new.

I think BullsEye777 is referring to Asma 😊