NonComposMentis thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
Res!
Will be back soon! :D
Thanks for the PM!

Oh. My. God!! :O
Look how late I am!! :/
I'm terribly, terribly sorry Nidha, after I res'd here, I fell sick, and just as I recovered, my exams started...
I have been active.. just not on I-F though...

Anyway, I loved this part so much!!
I was waiting for the face-off!! ;)
And it was perfect! :D
Oh, and Mayi and Theo's past has me intrigued. ;)
Do update soon!
And do tell me too, either FB or I-F.. well, preferably FB...

I'm so sorry about the short comment Nidha!
I swear the next one would be long and detailed! :D
Love,
Mugs.
Edited by NonComposMentis - 10 years ago
NonComposMentis thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Unres'd, like finally. :O
Sorry again for the delay!
NidhaA thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Okay I won't make any excuses and I am not sure if anyone is still reading this. But if you are here is the next update. 
As an apology I am posting two updates to day.

Chapter 7

Saturday

Mayi's House

Louise jumped as her boss slammed a file on the dining table. She glanced cautiously at Mayi and concluded that the only thing missing was steam blowing from her boss's ear. She was muttering a stream of very unladylike curses and her eyes were flints. Her boss was really worked up.

"Relax Mayi. We will get Burton to come around" Louise smiled squeezing Mayi's hand 

Mayi inhaled deeply to ease the tension in her. She smiled at Louise

"It's not about the deal alone Lou , it's this whole day, about the upcoming party" Mayi replied softly, her eyes gazing at the files spread on the table , but not really seeing them.

It's about yesterday a voice said in her mind causing her to close her eyes.

" Don't worry about that. You will have Mr. Sinclair with you" Louise smiled brightly at her.

Mayi smiled back at her gullible assistant. She was the first one Mayi had tried the whole secret dating story on and Louise had believed every word of it. She was a loyal employee and a good friend but wasn't involved much with Mayi's life and hence found nothing unbelievable in the story.

"I know" Mayi replied " For now I don't have him with me and I need to do something about Burton before I get ready for the evening" 

Picking up her phone she dialled Brandon.

"Hello baby sister" Brandon greeted her in a forced cheerful tone.

" What's up Brandon , are you busy or something" Mayi asked wondering if she had interrupted her brother at the wrong time.

"Nope nothing too important , what did you call for?" Brandon asked.

"The Burton deal" she was stopped from saying anything more when she heard Brandon curse.

"Brandon what's wrong?" Mayi asked sharply.

"Mayi there's something I need to find out for sure before we go further with this deal okay. For now please don't get into any talks with Burton"  Brandon warned his sister "I don't want you hurt"

" Brandon you are scaring me" Mayi said her eyes widening "Please don't do anything dangerous"

"I am fine silly. You quit worrying about me and start worrying about the evening show you've to put up. Or has it turned real" Brandon joked.

"Very funny bro but I am serious" Mayi said sitting straight.

"So am I , haven't you heard the news" Brandon asked , his tone confused.

"What news?" Mayi was equally confused.

"Apparently you were spotted yesterday leaving the Silver Moon with Theodore Sinclair and then the usual tabloid gossips. You guys should've been more discrete you know. Mom said some of the hotel staff were talking about this as well"

It was Mayi's turn to curse now " Sorry I guess I should've been more discrete" and the idiot is to be blamed  she added mentally.

" So is it serious little sis?" Brandon teased

" Shut your trap , nothing is serious and it won't be. What's serious is you are hiding something about the Burton deal from me and also Jess probably. I know how much you love to play the protective older brother" Mayi said trying to needle the truth out of her brother.

She heard Brandon sighing " I am not playing at anything Mayi , I am doing what's best for our family. You guys mean a lot to me"

"I know Brandon , so do you to us. Please be careful" Mayi said 

"And do tell me what this is later okay?"

"I will okay . Right now you need to worry about the evening. Go and prepare for it . Meet you at eight. Love you" Brandon said.

"Love you too" Mayi replied cutting the call.

" Trouble?" Louise asked.

"Yeah and Brandon isn't telling what it is. Guess we will have to wait" Mayi sighed " You should be going Lou , you need to get ready for the evening"

" What are you wearing Mayi?" Louise asked , her excitement evident "Is it some jaw dropping sexy number from your favourite designer that will have all the males clambering for cold shower"

"I was thinking of something a little more scandalous" Mayi winked at her.

"Oh my! I better warn Mr. Sinclair" Louise teased.

"You will do no such thing Louise Aberton , remember who is your boss" Mayi faked sternness

"Aye aye Captain. I should be going now. See you in the evening" Louise blew a kiss to her boss on her way out.

Mayi stood up and stretched herself. Checking the time she decided that she had one free hour before the girl from the parlous arrived to help with her dressing. She thought of the dress she selected for the evening and smiled. Theodore Sinclair most likely wouldn't be pleased and she was eager to see his reaction. Her forehead scrunched as she thoughts went to the almost kiss they shared. She would've to make sure that there wouldn't be anymore of that. With that she decided to spend her free hour in exercise.

Theodore stared at the penthouse for five minutes before deciding to move towards it. Waiting wouldn't help to calm his nerves. He had to face Mayi sooner or later so why not make it sooner. He was grown man who could very well deal with his feelings. 

Yeah right which is why you spend an hour in cold shower yesterday a nagging voice in his head said.

Taking a deep breath he rang the door bell to Mayi's house. He frowned when a girl in her early twenties opened the door. She seemed surprised to see him. 

" Mayi?" he questioned the girl.

" Miss Blair is in the living room" the girl said after a moment of hesitation.

He heard Mayi calling the girl's name asking who is at the door. He moved past the girl and strode towards the living room only for his breath to get caught.

Standing before him was a seductive temptress. Her body was wrapped in a black traditional Indian sari that enhanced each one of her curves to perfection. The full sleeves of her blouse was made of sheer black material giving a teasing view of the skin underneath. His eyes travelled down to rest on the dusky smooth looking skin of her mid riff. With feet strapped in heels and hair done in an elegant style she was one alluring female. Theodore was having a hard time reigning in his hormones.

" Isn't it good?" her voice broke into his trance.

" You will certainly have all the eyes in the party" Theodore replied keeping his face expressionless.

"That should do then" Mayi said in keeping her expressions masked as well "Shall we go?"

"After you" Theodore waved his hand

After settling the girl's payment Mayi walked towards the entrance giving Theo a tempting glance of her bare back and making him groan mentally.

God! What have you planned he said mentally.

Hotel Orienno Haven

In a Private Room

Gazing blankly into a long mirror Mayi tried hard to calm her over wrought nerves. The idea to wear a sari seemed stupid to her now. What was she thinking? 

"Nervous?" the rich masculine voice of Theodore Sinclair reached her ears as he moved to stand behind her . He locked his warm brown eyes with hers in the mirror.

"Slightly" Mayi answered not bothering to hide her nervousness "Aren't you?"

" A little perhaps but I am not dwelling on it." Theo replied with an assuring smile.

" Let's hope so" Mayi sighed.

Theo gently squeezed her shoulders " All will go well"

Mayi smiled at him as she felt the warmth of his touch. Strangely she felt calmness spreading through her.

Mandy came into the room breaking their moment. She eyed  them both before asking "Ready guys?"

Mayi looked at Theo and then said "Let's get this done with"

"Sure Mrs. Sinclair" Theo smirked

NidhaA thumbnail
Originally posted by: dreamyjennice

Wow...amazing kiss...haha...Theo u t gone

Believe me Theo is more than gone๐Ÿ˜†.๐Ÿ˜ณ Thank you for commenting and liking. 
NidhaA thumbnail
Originally posted by: bookworm-ALS--

Actually even as a teenager you didn't impress me" 

This line is the best๐Ÿ˜†
Good that she fought him..good for Mayi! Theo better work harder. LOL.

Ah! That was a teaser into their shared past. She will definitely fight him. Mayi is not one to take things lying down.๐Ÿ˜ˆ
Thanks for the comment and like hun.
NidhaA thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Serendipity-

now this was something!!!
they actually Kissed!!!
and Theo's mom. . is such a lady!!
and loved the way Mayi handled her!!
do I read Teenage love involved here?
oh and the Casanova finally found his true love it seems!!

Theo is fast growing attracted to his new wife it seems right?
Teenage love? Maybe or maybe not. That's for me to know๐Ÿ˜ˆ
Rachel Sinclair is a human headache I agree.
Thanks for commenting hun.
Edited by CavingIn - 10 years ago
NidhaA thumbnail
Originally posted by: Trouble.

That was amazingly written <3

Thank you dear๐Ÿ˜Š
NidhaA thumbnail
Originally posted by: NonComposMentis

Res!

Will be back soon! :D
Thanks for the PM!

Oh. My. God!! :O
Look how late I am!! :/
I'm terribly, terribly sorry Nidha, after I res'd here, I fell sick, and just as I recovered, my exams started...
I have been active.. just not on I-F though...

Anyway, I loved this part so much!!
I was waiting for the face-off!! ;)
And it was perfect! :D
Oh, and Mayi and Theo's past has me intrigued. ;)
Do update soon!
And do tell me too, either FB or I-F.. well, preferably FB...

I'm so sorry about the short comment Nidha!
I swear the next one would be long and detailed! :D
Love,
Mugs.

Mugs don't apologise for being late. Look at me!  I am the most infrequent updater available. 
We all face off's *sniggers*.
They do have a past๐Ÿ˜‰
Thanks for the comment dear.
Effervescent_R thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
oooh HAWT!!
I always find Women in sarees..graceful,elegant and at the same time attractive..beautifully described update Nidha...hooked to it as always..update soon...๐Ÿ˜ƒ