why thank you
DonnaHarvey thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
merci
Desire6 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Ha jasu boss s out 4meetn so no pesturin 4next 1hour..lucky me 🤣 Owesome updt.. Nd 4th chap s my fav.. So cute adorable kids ..yoga posture, der brushn nd all... Nd der nevr endin qustn.. Cute cute... DAD,MOM HUSBAND DAT CONVO CRAKD ME..THOUGH CAN IMAGINE IT MUST HV BEEN VERY HARD 4 HER.. nw d breakn has been done wanna c hw healing s gonna tk place.. Bt 1qn dat s lingering in my mind is.. Did auggie was purposely wit othr girl wen annie saw den or its unknw.. Me glued to ur story.. Cont pretty soon..lvn story very much🤗
DonnaHarvey thumbnail

Originally posted by: Desire6

Ha jasu boss s out 4meetn so no pesturin 4next 1hour..lucky me 🤣 Owesome updt.. Nd 4th chap s my fav.. So cute adorable kids ..yoga posture, der brushn nd all... Nd der nevr endin qustn.. Cute cute... DAD,MOM HUSBAND DAT CONVO CRAKD ME..THOUGH CAN IMAGINE IT MUST HV BEEN VERY HARD 4 HER.. nw d breakn has been done wanna c hw healing s gonna tk place.. Bt 1qn dat s lingering in my mind is.. Did auggie was purposely wit othr girl wen annie saw den or its unknw.. Me glued to ur story.. Cont pretty soon..lvn story very much🤗

Why thank you. 
I can't tell you but you will find out in the next chapter. So, that's that.
I can't stop writing this so, here we go. next chapter up shortly.

DonnaHarvey thumbnail

Oh 4got 1thng,nc title

glad you get it😉
DonnaHarvey thumbnail

Chapter 5: Daddy's home

The clock struck twelve and Auggie had not shown up. Annie decided to cancel their trip to the Smithsonian and wait for a few more hours. Maybe he got caught up in traffic or some new operative needed his help at Langley. Now that he was the head of tech ops (as she learned from his file), there were many people whose life and death depended on him. For a second there, she wished he was more than just Auggie the CIA handler, Auggie the father of her children. She wished he was hers to keep. But, that dream faded years ago.

There had to be a logical explanation for his tardiness. He wasn't the type of person to show up fashionably late. That's when her mind drifted to the dark side. Was he okay? Did he get into an accident? Did some shady terrorist attack him out of the blue?

She persuaded herself not to be ridiculous. He would be at the door in no time. She had to focus on the kids and their next to non-existent attention span. They had stopped asking civil questions hours ago. Now, they were practically whining. When were they going to see daddy? Could they eat ice cream instead? Or jack up on anything sugary? Or play house? Or watch another three hours of TV? Or get a puppycat? Yeah, some cartoon had put the silly idea in their head that a cute creature called puppycat is, in fact, their dream pet.

Hours of endless questions and running around in circles later, Ezra got genuinely tired and had fallen asleep on the couch. Nadya wasn't a big fan of afternoon naps. So, she decided to play with the G.I. Joe figurines.

"Honey, I am home", Auggie announced himself at the front door. His folding cane rested in his right arm, his left hand reaching out to Annie for a hug. He had a cunning smile on, well aware of what was coming. Annie could hardly contain her relief seeing him alive. All the empty thoughts of him being hurt now sounded ridiculous but she had to be certain. Working for the CIA had its lows. She rushed to door and patted him down searching for injuries. Her mind had turned frantic trying to calm the overwhelming noise telling her she loved him. She wasn't thinking of the implications of her actions. All she wanted to know was that he was safe and sound.

"Hey, hey, hey". He held her in a tight hold shocking her out of the trance. "I am alright".

"Sorry", she distanced herself quickly. "I thought...come in".

She placed his cane in a corner. His hand reached for her elbow and she led him in.

"Is that daddy?" Nadya peaked from behind the loveseat. Annie nodded in a yes and locked Auggie's fingers with the tiny fingers of his daughter. Their love was breathtaking. Hesitant approach, expectant embrace, reluctant kisses and a lingering hug. Auggie felt his cheeks dampen as he mapped the features of his child. His child, he did not have the words to describe how proud he felt calling Nadya his daughter.

"She is perfect. She is beautiful". He didn't know how much he'd missed her until he found her.

"Ezra, that's my brother, he is this way". Nadya guided Auggie like a trained sighted guide. Must be Annie's doing. If she had her way, she would have the kids prepared for earthquakes, volcanoes and other countless disasters unlike to happen.

Auggie sat on the edge of the couch and Nadya had helped herself up to a piggyback ride on an unsuspecting daddy.

"Careful", he chuckled. "Don't fall on your sleeping brother".

"Ezzieeeaaa", Nadya screamed dangerously close to Auggie's ear. "Wake uppp. Daddy's home".

So, that's what it was like to be surrounded by screaming toddlers.

"It's okay hun. Let him sleep. I am here. I can wait".

He ran his fingers through Ezra's hair. Ringlets of brown hair clung to his fingers. It felt on the boy's soft skin just like it did on his own. Seemed like Annie had given him the same haircut.

"What colour is the hair?" Auggie looked in Annie's general direction.

"So you really can't see?" Nadya was now very interested in daddy's vision. "How come? I mean mummy told me but what hurt? I know it can be that your head hurt or your eye hurt. My teacher told me if you hurt your head or your eyes then,  you can't see because your eye has wires that go up to your head. It's complicated".

The little girl seemed pleased with herself showering her knowledge of science on daddy.

"Really? I didn't know". He smiled the widest smile. Then, look almost straight at Annie, he spoke like a proud father, "She's a smart one. Like father, like daughter".

"Don't be so cocky. I am the professor in the family".

If someone had caught that minute on tape, they could never tell this couple apart from any other happy family. They looked comfortable, affectionate, committed, with the perfect two kids.

"He has brown hair Aug. It used to be blond but it felt out and grew back brown".

"Yeah, it was so fun to see him bald", Nadya giggled.

"Naadiii!" Auggie pretended to be mildly upset before changing into a lopsided smile resembling Nadya's.

"I have blond hair and it's this long". She put his hand right under her neck where it ended. "It's straight and I put ribbons in it. I am wearing a polka dot frock and I like horses".

Nadya had now made herself comfortable in Auggie's lap and was going on about whatever topic came to mind. Auggie could barely contain his happiness. The commotion woke Ezra up. With a fresh smile on, Ezra looked around the room.

"Is daddy here yet?"

Auggie was trying his best to hold back the tears. "Yes, right here bud". He opened up his arms and both his kids sat in his embrace. His eyes darted around the room until they settled on Annie's right shoulder. "Want to join in the bear hug?"
Annie gave in. This time, without reluctance. She didn't make an effort to cry, it just happened.

It had been three years since she left him. So they were right about love. Distance did make the heart grow fonder. Hers was pounding inside the rib cage. She loved him more now than she did before the accident.

Edited by DonnaHarvey - 10 years ago
Desire6 thumbnail
Me 1st yipeeEdited by Desire6 - 10 years ago
Desire6 thumbnail
Wow stalkin s gud sumtimes... Dat was one lightheartd updt.. Nady s so sweet.. AUG'S FEELING n Happiness was portrayd beautifully.. Nd dat bear hug was chery on d cake.. Me waitn to knw wat happens next.. Aftr knwn Annies fear wen he was late, n luv dat had nevr faded.. Wanna c ans frm Aug.. Me waitn...
DonnaHarvey thumbnail

Wow stalkin s gud sumtimes... Dat was one lightheartd updt.. Nady s so sweet.. AUG'S FEELING n Happiness was portrayd beautifully.. Nd dat bear hug was chery on d cake.. Me waitn to knw wat happens next.. Aftr knwn Annies fear wen he was late, n luv dat had nevr faded.. Wanna c ans frm Aug.. Me waitn...

I am so happy you guys are liking the kids. I have no idea how kids their age are supposed to act, I am just making shit up. Hope I am hitting the mark.
Their relationship is complicated, to put it mildly. I always feel like she loved him more but then he turns around and does something oh so nice that I can't help but change my mind. But when they fight, it is an epic mess.
DonnaHarvey thumbnail
A/N: There is just one more chapter left before this story goes on a hiatus. Here goes nothing.

Chapter 6: Second Chances

"Nadezhda, baby it's almost dinner time. I need you and Ez to put away your toys now please".

Annie spoke softly but loudly from the kitchen. Auggie snuck up behind her, touching her waist ever so slightly. His lips closing in on her neck, he smelled Jo Malone Grapefruit again, in what felt like decades ago. Before Annie could respond, his kisses travelled up her ear, stopping only to tell her he needed this. "I promise I will let you go. Give me one more minute". It was unsaid consent from thereon. She froze on spot, her tears told a tale. He wished time stopped now. He didn't want this minute to end. He held her close to him, his muscular arms protecting her from the unknown.

"The minute's up", Annie turned around and removed his arms from around her body. "Ready for dinner?" She almost sprinted out of the kitchen trying to forget what this meant.

"Did you kiss daddy yet?" Ezzie looked up expectantly. There was no teasing in his tone. This was a sincere question, asked with a sense of urgency. He needed to inform all his nosy friends that he wasn't joking about dad loving mummy. He could finally prove they were a normal family.

"Yes she did. Many times", Auggie winked as he carefully made his way to the dinning table.

"We're going back to Maryland tomorrow". Annie brought up the topic before dessert. She didn't know what she was expecting from him. Maybe, just maybe he would ask her to stay. Would she stay? She didn't know. But she had given him enough chances to ask.

"I could ask Joan for a few days off. Last I checked, I had a little over six weeks of paid vacation left. I could use some time off".

"Does this mean you're getting married then?" The kids would most certainly be the catalysts in this relationship, speaking all the things the adults couldn't say or wouldn't say.

Stubborn and egotist. That's so typical of old souls. No one was willing to assume responsibility and certainly not eager to make the first move. So, Nadi and Ezzie had to take matters into their own hands.

"If I am the flower girl then, what does that make Ezra? Is there such a thing called a flower boy, mummy?" Nadi was chowing down on fruit salad and attempting to map out the details of the big day all at the same time.

Auggie burst into splits of laughter. "Slow down loves. Mommy and daddy need to figure things out a bit".

"Nadezhda, no talking when you eat. We'll work it out baby. You don't have to worry about a thing", Annie was just a little hopeful after the persistence from her children.

"Don't get a divorce please", Ezra was on the verge of tears. There was no telling what went through the heads of the two bright young ones. But, Auggie held him tight against his chest until the boy was stable. "Never. Won't even think about it".

"They have to be married first Ez", Nadya provided her worldly wisdom.

"Don't over-think it Walker. I am coming with you".

Auggie had managed to walk in on Annie lost in thought outside her bedroom balcony. The kids were busy dismantling a giant lego sculpture they had spent most of the day building. They were having way too much fun to be bothered by the adults' worries. Annie extended an arm in Auggie's direction and he caught her wrist at the first try like he had in-built radar to track her movements.

"I am trying to understand how we move past this. Your nearness is bringing back memories that, quickly frankly, I don't want to remember. That night has been replaying in my head like a broken record".

"What night?" Auggie had a look of clouded confusion on his face. So, he didn't know? All these years she had spent resenting a man who wasn't aware of his crime. That made the shame ten times worse. Annie had taken the kids away from him. She always knew that was wrong, leaving him out in the cold. But, atleast she could validate her reasons because he ruined her in the most ruthless of ways. Now, it was all her. After all, Auggie had been oblivious to his wrongdoings.

But, even if he didn't know, his actions were just as immortal, just as hurtful.

"Do you remember what happened the night I came back from France? It was right around the time you were back at Langley".

"I remember you didn't come home. I never thought much of it cause it was my fault for pushing you away".

Auggie was now standing in close proximity to her, fully invading her personal space. Even a single wrong movement could have them both falling down the balcony within seconds.

"I came home Aug and I saw you. I was eight months pregnant and I was going to tell you. When I saw you with some other woman, I couldn't get myself to step inside".

His hands were resting on the base of her elbows, offering support to her near liquid limbs. She had let her weight drop on his body. There was nothing else to hold on to. It was just Auggie and her.

"For what it's worth, I let Joan decide if she wanted to tell you about the kids".

Auggie felt the collar of his button up dampen. She blocked his hand trying to wipe her tears.

"I feel guilty for keeping you away from them. What you did was between us. I shouldn't have gotten them involved. I thought about coming back but I was so angry. I didn't know if you wanted them and they should not to feel like they weren't wanted. It was easier living a lie".

He ran his fingers through her hair trying to soothe her and comprehend her words, all at once. She pulled away to make eye contact. Even with it's apparent futility, she felt in control staring into his soul.

"I am pathetic, aren't I? Crying in to the shoulder of the man who did this to me? You know what? Don't answer that".

"Annie, if there is someone wrong in the situation, it is me. I can't go back in time but, I want to make it better. Give me, us, a chance?"

The silence had hung up in the air for way too long. So, Annie let Auggie struggle at bedtime with the kids. There were so many missed laughs to make up for and he only had six weeks. Annie could sit back and sip on her favourite wine in the meantime. No one mentioned the balcony, it was a mutual agreement. He wouldn't question her as long as her accusations didn't tear him down. Hopefully, they could forgive and forget.

Easier said than done. Atleast that was the ringing argument in Annie's head. Loving Auggie came so naturally, it took three years to condition herself not to think his thoughts. Going back how things were, did not seem plausible now. All her time, her energy was invested in his children. There was no emotion left to spend on this devilishly handsome man. Okay, when those graphic thoughts circled her consciousness, Annie realized she was drunk.

"The kids are in bed. Anything else my lady?"

Auggie's tone was playful but a drunk Annie couldn't tell innocent jester from mocking. She was ready to fight at this point. Pokes and fingers in his chest. How dare the strange man make fun of her in her own damn castle?

"I will have your center of mass displaced to the death valley. You, peasant you".

"Huh? You're drunk Annie".

"Fine, mock me for my low alcohol tolerance. Yes, I can get high off wine. Unlike Mr. Potatohead". She jerked his head trying envision him as a potato and failing miserably.

"Let us get you to bed". Auggie scooped her up in his arms like he had be waiting to do just that his whole life. She was looking intently in to his eyes, squinting her lashes to match his current expression.

"You have to guide me back to the bedroom. I don't want to trip the both of us".

"Then, why'd you pick me up asshat". She was tugging on his collar, struggling to break off a button from his shirt. Her antics made Auggie chuckle.

"Well, I am hoping you wouldn't remember this tomorrow and I can use that as an excuse to sleep in your bed".

"The couch isn't going well for you, is it? Can't blame you for being tall. But I can blame you for being an asshat, asshat".

He deposited her gently on the side with the throw blanket.

There was an identical blanket sitting on top of the comforter on the far right. Annie insisted they sleep on top of the quilt.

"The comforter is for...I don't want to say it. Just let me sleep".

Judging by the state of alcoholically tainted brain, he could get just a little more truth out of her.

"The comforter is for what?"

"FINE. When there is another person over. Otherwise, why bother?"

"When was the last you had another person over?"

"Don't push it, soldier".

What he wouldn't give to have her call him that everyday.