Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Fatima_Q thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: b2011

I think this turning point is for Bhabho to realize the worth of Sandy again.

I do not think there is any danger for Suraj's faith on Sandy or Bhabho blackmailing Sandy with this.  Suraj knew Sandhya was not at fault and was covering some member.  He will admire her as his faith was right and she actually lied.

Well said 👍🏼
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
to all those who asked when did Sita lie in Ramayan. Read this post of mine. You know there are many versions of Ramayan, like Tulsi Ramayan, Mali Ramayan in addition to Valmiki Ramayan. I dont know this story is in which version, but have read it in one of the versions
.Reason being 2 things I couldnt stand in Ramayan one was Agnipareeksha of Sita and other Ram abandaning Sita. So used to read many versions just out of curiosity to find if it offers answers to my questions. So the question of Agnipareeksha got answered through the story I have mentioned in the post.

UMDU thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Shruthi, I have read the translated versions of Mahabharatha and Ramayana by Kamala Subramanian and so also by C.Rajagopalachari. They are both authorities in these epics. I have also read Tulsidas's Ramcharitmanas 's translations. At least in Valmiki and Tulsidas's version there is no reference to Sita's lies and they have given reasons for Sita's Agneepareksha but not what you have stated. Arundhati's role is more discussed in the context of bringing peace between Raja Janaka and Lord Rama's family as Janaka was furious with his daughter's banishment to forest by Rama. Since you have given another version, I would like to know in which version it comes or if you could give me a link or the name of the book then I can also update my knowledge. It is a story which I have never come across, so when ever you remember just let me know. It will be a great favour as I am deeply interested in Indian Mythology. In fact it is one of my passions. No hurry take your time.
jhema thumbnail
Nice post.

Connecting to ramayana.
RP is a mixture of Ram's family and ravanan family

Suraj - ram
sandhya - sita
Bhabhasa-dhasarath
Bhabho - Kaikeyi 
(She loves ram and sita very much than her son.Only kooni's continous plot made her to change her mind.In the same way Bhabho Loves surya very much and meena's continous adding fuel made her to do things against surya)
Meena-Kooni
Chavi-Surpanaka (Use their brothers only for their benefit)

But I can't connect vikram and mohit to brothers of rama or ravana

LovePraja thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Shruthi ur comparisons r fine, but in Ramayan Rishi Vashisht was d family guru i.e kulguru of Raja Dashrath's family. And it was during Ram ji's exile in forest with Sita ji nd Lakshman dat they visited Rishi Atri whose wife Anusuya welcomed them in their ashram. And Anusuya had advised Sita ji about d duties of a good wife nd given her ornaments saying dat shringhar is also one of d duties of wife.
But Sita ji never lied in her lifetime to anyone let alone Ram ji.

But coming to RP & SurYa, the thing is dat  one cannot carry out their work without a single lie. Although everyone tells lie on a daily basis to fulfill their needs, but SurYa who believe nd trust each other beyond any doubts or confusion wud never lie for selfish reasons. So here may be Sooraj will be hurt more bcoz of her sacrifice than bcoz of her lie. So he may want to know d reason behind her lie. And he may nt be convinced if she tells dat she lied only for Emily's sake.
Edited by inFan80 - 10 years ago
vish.naren thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
@Shruthi n Gang...!!

wow! i would be happy to see any of the POVs coming up...!!! bc's then only this track would ahve some meaning for SurYa..!! 

i mean here now the competition is too much! its nearly unwanted or so...!! well thats my POV!😉

I really like the comparison of SurYa with Ramayan! though i'm not so happy with Rama!!
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@infan yes it had to do with ornaments. So it was Anasuya who gave her boon, not Arundhati I guess. Thanks for correcting.
@umaji let me check which version I came across the story.
@vish naren personally I am no big fan of Rama , but then I do agree to the fact that it is not right to lie, however small to your spouse as you may never know how that can backfire.
Edited by shruthiravi - 10 years ago
.Ami. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Wow! Awesome thread and lovely replies by Ramadi, Vaishnavi and Uma aunty related to Ramayan.

I'd like to add another version of Ramayan which is basically from SriLanka. They narrate totally different story like why Ravana abducted Sita, Kaikeyi wasn't evil mother, Ravana was Brahman and he became a priest n helped Rama do establish shivlink @ rameshwaram.. There is also existence of "Ravan Gita".. etc etc..😲.

And when I see today's superheroes characters I firmly believe that those supernatural powers they took it from mythologies.🤔
timepass thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
DABH forum pey RAMAYAN GAATHA 🤣...SurYa ko bana diya Lord RAMA-SITA,

Who should be Hanuman?? I know KAIKEYEE is Meena, Chavi is Soopnakha, and Ravan is Bhabho 🤣 just like Bhabo is religious, Ravan was also a huge deciple of Mahadev...just like Bhabho does not like Sandy's IPS dream, Ravan also did not any DEVS and was trying to get puperior to Mahadev.

Is Bhabasa playing hanuman role??? He is constantly irking Bhabho by his remarks and Bhabho cannot take those sarcastic remarks 🤣

PS: please excuse me for blabbering like Meena...you all know why I am blabbering 🤣