Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

pallavi25

IF-Sizzlerz

pallavi25

Posted: 24 July 2013 at 12:03am | IP Logged
http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-news/StopAcidAttacks/Don-t-stare-at-me-I-am-human-too-acid-attack-survivor-Laxmi/Article1-1095721.aspx

A new law was passed in February 2013, following the Delhi gang rape case, which also criminalizes acid attacks.
Consequence: The new law defines acid attack as a separate Indian Penal Code offence and proposes punishment of not less than 10 years to a maximum of life imprisonment for perpetrators and a fine that could go upto Rs. 10 Lakh.

Note: The Supreme Court on July 18, 2013 passed the order to regulate the sale of acids across the country. The decision was taken in light of a PIL which was filed in 2006 by Laxmi, an acid attack victim in Delhi. 

Clap Its a start! Dont know how much the new acid control law will be implemented by the corrupt Indian governing system but at least its a good start to control sale of dangerous acids!  

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Ritu-bratz007Muskaan92Salyanka

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Law passed on acid attacks" in Crime patrol: Dastak forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Muskaan92

IF-Sizzlerz

Muskaan92

Posted: 24 July 2013 at 12:51am | IP Logged
This is a good news..
But, I doubt on the execution.
The punishment is just nothing compared to the pain of the girl. Instead, the law should provide the throwing of the same acid on the boy's face by the girl. And, all the cost of the surgeries of the girl should be borne by the boy and his family.

If he is not capable of it, his body organs should be sold.

Edited by Muskaan92 - 24 July 2013 at 12:52am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

nirmitaRitu-halifax004Varun_Mehtapallavi25

pallavi25

IF-Sizzlerz

pallavi25

Posted: 24 July 2013 at 7:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Muskaan92

This is a good news..
The punishment is just nothing compared to the pain of the girl. Instead, the law should provide the throwing of the same acid on the boy's face by the girl. And, all the cost of the surgeries of the girl should be borne by the boy and his family.

I agree, it shd be a death sentence because the criminal is ending the life of his victim as she lived before! So definitely either death sentence or life imprisonment! And of course monetary reimbursement to the victim's family for all medical expenses!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Ritu-Muskaan92

KhotaSikaShreya

Viewbie

KhotaSikaShreya

BollyCurry Script Supervisor

Posted: 24 July 2013 at 9:26am | IP Logged
Ah finally there is something good. Clap

Now let this actually be put into effect.

Ritu-pallavi25

Muskaan92

IF-Sizzlerz

Muskaan92

Posted: 24 July 2013 at 9:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by pallavi25

Originally posted by Muskaan92

This is a good news..

I agree, it shd be a death sentence because the criminal is ending the life of his victim as she lived before! So definitely either death sentence or life imprisonment! And of course monetary reimbursement to the victim's family for all medical expenses!

Normal death will not do. Death should be extremely painful.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Ritu-bratz007pallavi25

Ritu-

Coolbie

Ritu-

Posted: 25 July 2013 at 5:53am | IP Logged

Finally good news. I feel that there should also be strict laws on buying acid. It shouldn't be available so easily.

pallavi25Muskaan92

charu_81

Goldie

charu_81

Posted: 25 July 2013 at 9:29am | IP Logged

It is a great news. I am not sure , but in Karnataka they have passed a law that if anyone want to buy acid they should have permission letter from the govt (or college or hospital) and ID card also should be submitted.

But there will be some grey areas kind of places where this regulation may not work. But I am happy something good has finally initiated in favour of women.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Ritu-Muskaan92pallavi25

pallavi25

IF-Sizzlerz

pallavi25

Posted: 25 July 2013 at 9:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by charu_81

It is a great news. I am not sure , but in Karnataka they have passed a law that if anyone want to buy acid they should have permission letter from the govt (or college or hospital) and ID card also should be submitted.

But there will be some grey areas kind of places where this regulation may not work. But I am happy something good has finally initiated in favour of women.

That is great news  indeed that Karnataka has started implementing the law already! Clap 
Of course there will be grey areas but now every common guy cannot step into a store and buy acid so thats a good way to hinder these criminals! 

Ritu-Muskaan92

Post Reply New Post

Go to top