Ruqaiya - the Forgotten Enigma

BlackWitch thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Ruqaiya - the love of Akbar's life, his companion and childhood playmate. If only she could see her portrayal onscreen at the hands of the CVs, she would rise from her grave and haunt them senseless! ðŸ˜› Or maybe she would visit the nearest neurosurgeon and question the possibility of early Dementia in the minds of the writers to justify her vengeance. 

Honestly, what is wrong with them? When Smiley played Ruqaiya, she was a very likable personality inspite of the haughtiness or maybe because of it! Her interactions with Jalal were a pleasure to watch, and it was so entirely believable that she is his fav. queen. She had this beautiful mysterious quality to her. And I'm very sure she would not have run to attend to silly matters of the harem when her Jalal was in so much pain. She would been there, even if more as a friend than anything else. She would have comforted him and consoled him in his moment of great anguish. She would have stood up to Maham Anga, but won't have been needed to be berated for her lack of compassion for her husband. 

I truly find it hard to believe that the same character can be played in such a different way by two women! Isn't the essence of the character the same? What happened to the sweet Jalal-Ruqaiya interactions that justified his dependence on her wisdom? What happened to the level of comfort and understanding they shared? The verbal duels they had? The one played by Lavina does not care two hoots about Jalal. She is so very secure in her position, and so unlike a childhood friend of his that she RUNS immediately to attend to paltry matters in the harem. I really expected her to snap at her eunuch about bothering her about such things when Jalal needs her presence. Instead without any urging, or a backwards look, she departs! Neither does she look very worried or tearful when Jalal screams in agony. She is similar to the draperies in the room, billowing about in her finery unconcerned with anything except herself.

Had she been portrayed similarly in the beginning, we might still have not reacted so much. We might have questioned Jalal's judgement in liking her above anyone else, but the clear distinction between the portrayal wouldn't have been too obvious. Whether or not a husband-wife have love for each other, friends will always have concern for the others' well being! The sole crux of Jalal-Ruqaiya relationship is that friendship they share and have been sharing for a long time. Just to portray Ruqaiya as a vamp and justify Jalal's falling in love for another woman, how can the CVs forget this essential point?? How can the writers spend so much time showing that friendship and forget it the moment the face portraying the character changes? 

Ruqaiya stands there and proclaims Jalal has no heart, just on principle. On what basis is that conclusion being made about him? He is concerned about the 3 women in his life, he loves his Khan Baba, he respects him so much that he allows insubordination at every turn and agonizes over the decision to wage war on him. He berates Abdul but risks his life to save him - a mere cripple - from the clutches of Rajputana. If Jalal had any more heart, he would be regarded as one among the saints! What has he done that was so cruel as to have Jodha demand his head at every turn? For Ruqaiya to stand so confidently after having the HEART to desert him in his moment of need? Inspite of her nakhras, he teased her and treated her with respect. After scolding her in front of everyone, he privately went and apologized to her, telling her how much she means to him! And yet none whom he cares about, with the exception of Abdul, ever cared about him so much. Is that what the CVs are suddenly trying to show? Or are they as confused as we are regarding their portrayal of different characters? 

If Ruqaiya had any brain or any heart, she would have stood with Jalal in his moment of need. If Jalal had no heart, he wouldn't have wept in anguish or cared so much about others. I'm beginning to think we are being taken for a ride regarding the storyline and its characters. The CVs are happily distorting facts and character sketches and expecting the viewers to not question them. I would say they need to get their act together before they lose the viewers they do have. The basis of a good love story is the consistency. And neither the story, nor the characters are consistent. Lines are harped on for the heck of it, just cuz once upon a time they sounded nice. There is no justification to why some characters behave a certain way or what the story is supposed to be. Wonder whether the creatives are getting enough sleep or whether they have become addled by churning out one kind of nonsense after another... 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I think.. suddenly Ruqayya lost her heart lol
BlackWitch thumbnail
And the creatives lost their brain 😛 Haha, I think I preferred Smiley with her limited acting over this one.

Originally posted by: Autumn_Rose

I think.. suddenly Ruqayya lost her heart lol

libran90 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I don't think i need to write anything more than "Reserved"...but i will...because i do agree with you...cos one episode i was feeling bad for Ruqaiya,and tonight i feel pity for her...the creatives are so much in a hurry to show Ruqaiya as negative,as i thought that the negativity would be gradual,stemming out of insecurity and jealousy...but they are in a lot of hurry,it seems...

And Jodha,every breath of her demands the head of Jalal...as if Jalal has done something terrible with her,i feel like telling her,"Sweety...hold on...he has not even started anything...that you are storming over a tea cup...cos,first you should see your side...where you have losers in the name of a King and brothers who in the name of Amer...happily handed you over to him..."

And Paridhi...what is wrong with her...just when i thought that the "bulging eyes" contest was over...Jodha also started bulging her eyes out like Jalal...you won't believe but seeing her bulging eyes tonight...I had to close my eyes shut...

But all said and done...Ekta maiyya does things which have no logic...so i would say just don't expect logic and sensibility from her shows...its hopeless.
Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: gurl-enchanted

And the creatives lost their brain 😛 Haha, I think I preferred Smiley with her limited acting over this one.

The cvs are confused with all the characters.. Jalal is bad.. then suddenly he is good. Ruqayya is good then all of a sudden she is bad.. Jalal despises his mother.. suddenly her opinion is important to her.. Bairan is baaghi.. suddenly he is in tears.. asking for forgiveness..

Why can't the cvs make up their mind?
Edited by Autumn_Rose - 10 years ago
BlackWitch thumbnail
Bulging eyes 😆 ðŸ¤£ BANG ON! She does that too much. Especially when she is angry, then toh OMG! Lol, I think she thinks just cuz she got selected cuz of those eyes, she needs to open them up further to make them more prominent ðŸ˜› 

And yes, I find it weird the way she keeps demanding his head as if he has done some personal harm to her. He hasn't even invaded her territory yet! And what of her own father? He deprived the rightful heir Sujamal, her Bhaisa, of the throne! Why doesn't she demand his head? She doesn't see that Jalal put his life on the line to save on of his own, a man who was crippled. If he was truly cruel, why would he do that? He would've just left him to die, right? It's as if she goes around bargaining for his head with everyone - Sujamal, her father, Maa Kaali, Suryabhan 😵

I don't see why they have to hurry the whole negative turning thing of Ruqaiya. She doesn't even have a reason to turn negative now! She was so very likeable. I felt so sorry for her when she cries cuz she can't give him a heir and he might one day fall for someone who can. That insecurity was so beautifully done. Why must every show of Ekta's be butchered? When we said we love love stories, we want something with substance. Not a haywire concept which does whatever it likes! 😡

Originally posted by: libran90

I don't think i need to write anything more than "Reserved"...but i will...because i do agree with you...cos one episode i was feeling bad for Ruqaiya,and tonight i feel pity for her...the creatives are so much in a hurry to show Ruqaiya as negative,as i thought that the negativity would be gradual,stemming out of insecurity and jealousy...but they are in a lot of hurry,it seems...

And Jodha,every breath of her demands the head of Jalal...as if Jalal has done something terrible with her,i feel like telling her,"Sweety...hold on...he has not even started anything...that you are storming over a tea cup...cos,first you should see your side...where you have losers in the name of a King and brothers who in the name of Amer...happily handed you over to him..."

And Paridhi...what is wrong with her...just when i thought that the "bulging eyes" contest was over...Jodha also started bulging her eyes out like Jalal...you won't believe but seeing her bulging eyes tonight...I had to close my eyes shut...

But all said and done...Ekta maiyya does things which have no logic...so i would say just don't expect logic and sensibility from her shows...its hopeless.

Amor. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
i must salute cvz
thy hv spoiled a character 😔

i so like ruku but after today i dnt like her hat much

p.s. i like lavina no problem with her but m missing smiley now
BlackWitch thumbnail
Seriously!! The no. of errors are astounding! And more so cuz they were all so sudden! Where is the heartless in Jalal? So sweet he is, so very compliant. He doesn't even make his own decisions. He lets those he respects make them for him! 

And his Mom *facepalm* From where did she come? Her gyan is enough to make any sexologist clutch his heart and die 😛 Her pearls of wisdom are so atrocious they become funny! What kind of a queen is she? ðŸ˜•

BK got an epiphany. He woke up the next day and realized he should show some love to Jalal before dying 😆 CVs are ka brain stopped functioning. Rain ne unki saari wisdom baha daali 😛

The cvs are confused with all the characters.. Jalal is bad.. then suddenly he is good. Ruqayya is good then all of a sudden she is bad.. Jalal despises his mother.. suddenly her opinion is important to her.. Bairan is baaghi.. suddenly he is in tears.. asking for forgiveness..

Why can't the cvs make up their mind?

BlackWitch thumbnail
So am I. I supported Lavina over Smiley. Now I would love to see Smiley's blank expressions over Lavina evilness-to-be. Her character was atleast likable. This Ruqaiya is just sooo 😡

Originally posted by: Amor.

i must salute cvz
thy hv spoiled a character 😔

i so like ruku but after today i dnt like her hat much

p.s. i like lavina no problem with her but m missing smiley now

.FemmeFatale. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
They have ruined such an interesting character  

She had so many layers to her.

But now,yeah.Ekta,you did it again :| 

Its so disappointing. I so loved ruq <3