Re: Ganga why are you hiding? - Page 6

Posted: 10 years ago
this time ratan is lucky no pehredaar outside and ds phone left in drawing room otherwise he would have recieve good lesson by singh which he always remember whole life .morever if basant and ds has slightetest idea that ratan will attack them then first thing would have come in ds mind to save her own family first  then tackle with ratan
Ganga is not a coward..she knows to react to situations. But yesterays episode was too scary..felt bad for the singhs.
Originally posted by samvi.

I would say a person is brave if s/he sacrifices his/her own life for others for good reasons...not when they are sacrificing others life for another person. Here she is sacrificing Gehna's(and her baby's life) and Makhaan's life for Ganga. She has NO RIGHT to do that. 

Ican't call Rat a loving dad, or even a dad though. But yes he will certainly not kill mannu. Once J or others know of this they will anyways go and get mannu back. So in this situation , before Rat kills Gehna something has to happen. 

Dear Samvi - I know this hostage business has put all sorts of people behind two separate lines. You are not a victim basher. You are much too reasonable and sensitive for that.

But do see what is happening here. Even if Ganga gives up Mannu to Ratan so he can let them all breathe. Does she feel Mannu will be safe with him ? Wud it be wise to entrust a child to that wild eyed, screaming mad man and expect him to take care of Mannu nicely ?

Does just ensuring a kid gets fed on time - ensure his welfare ? How about the trauma and shock that kid might experience at being away from his mom and seeing strangers around ? Do remember - Ratan has no patience or understanding for crying  babies. 

Even if Mannu is tracked down n rescued later - wud it be advisable to put a kid thru that trauma ?
----------------
 I wud not be able to part with my kid - defi not to a person who has tried to kill me threatened me several times and called my kid manhoos and let him cry when he was hungry. 

So I can understand if Ganga hesitates to trust his fatherly instinct.
----------------
As for Dadisa - she probably knows that people may threaten and scream n stamp their feet but actual KILLING is not that easy. She is probably still hoping somehow she will be able to deflect Ratan's attention from the haveli n make him go away to look for G elsewhere.

Plus the scene has not yet played itself completely out. She has dealt with madmen before. Remember Mahavir ? And also remember she too had run away with his son coz his own wife had sworn her to it.
Kids are precious treasures. They cannnot be exposed to madness even for small times. That trauma can stay with them forever and Mannu may feel he can never trust his mom again coz his mom doesn't always put his needs first.
-------------------
DS is in charge right now. She is the elder, she knows the risks, she is in control - she shud get to decide when enuf is enuf. She has already hinted to Basant to shut up. She wants to see what Ratan will do once he searches the house and realizes Ganga is truly not here. He may want to go searching for her elsewhere and leave them unharmed. 
DS is not cruel. But she has seen alot in her time and understands human nature quite well.
--------------------
And you do have to agree the CV's have taken free liberty with creating a bigger mess than is ever possible. - no guards, not even one, and no servants except poor old makhan - it is not even practical. But VasantSa's heroics were not very well timed.
Edited by hooked - 10 years ago
well its a tricy situation for ganga. but wht isnt basant telling tht all including ganga have gone to marriage give them the adress & ask him to go there. instead he jusat keeps on threatning him & telling tht ganga is not here. look at his stupidity' he tells ratan tht you open me once & see wht ill do. " why the hell will ratan open him. this way even if ganga surrenders he has already provoked ratan to hurt them even if he finds ganga. well ganga can hide manu somewhere & go & surrender herself. she shoud have left mannu with dadisa & went & surrendered herself. she can call i think there are phones in the house. on the top floor too. 
it is not so easy my dears to file for custody and get children in courts in rural parts of India , has anyone seen the legal system there ? It is not easy even in cities in India , the rural parts r WORSE . The judicial system is corrupt and nothing moves forward without a bribe ! From where will that abused woman pay her lawyer even if she finds one ? And does  anyone have idea of how court matters proceed in these parts ? At a snail's pace ! Giving up ur child to ur husband means losing him forever , coz dates upon dates will be taken by  the jubiliant husband till the child grows up !  The mothers there don't even get visitation ! 

About Ratan Singh wanting only his son not Ganga ...Ratan Singh does not want his son out of love but because of male ego . It is such a brutal chauvinistic world out there that such women like Ganga who bother to rebel against rape , domestic violence etc r tied to trees and burnt down , see the news , u will find these instances daily reported i am not exaggerating a bit here . Ether they r gang raped , or burnt , or hit mercilessly to 'teach them to stay in limits'.

Ratan Singh wants Mannu back coz his ego has taken a battering when Ganga dared to rebel by running away from him . It is the bruised ego of an abuser , very very dangerous . If it had been a girl instead of Mannu he perhaps would not have even bothered so much but Mannu is his reflection whom he will make just like him ...a boozer , rapist , with scant respect for woman and in all probability illiterate ! 

And Ganga should accept this and send her son back to  him ? And she was cowardly to run away from this horrifying abuse ? R all the women in the world , even in developed countries , who are victims of terrible domestic abuse , cowards to run away from their abuser husbands ? 

no , they r BRAVE as hell to take this first step ...NGOs insist they take this step ! Does anyone know how difficult it is to take this step ? The abused woman is like a bird petrified of a snake , hypnotised in fear , she cannot even move !!!! Women activists coax and coax them to file cases against their abusive husbands , and they refuse or go back to him fearing their life !

The bruised ego of a chauvinistic abuser is coz he feels he is not in control . He always wants to be in control . When he feels he is losing control , he becomes like an angry rattlesnake . Ratan Singh's want for Mannu is exactly this .

There will be many who say then Ganga should go to an NGO but let me say that NGOs in such remote villages r often ineffective against this system . I appreciate BV for taking up this cause and showing Shiv Anandi discussing this option so many out there know the options if they r leading these abused lives .

About Dadisa having NO right to put life of her pregnant bahu in danger ...then what exactly is her right , she has right to put life of an abused woman and her innocent child in danger to save her own family ? As i see it Dadisa has no option in this crisis . I am not talking of her tussle with R's men etc , that bravery part is put there by CVs coz they want to show the Singhs as a family who is brave and stands for right etc . I am talking of the criticism levelled at her for jeopardising her own family ...they knew what they were getting into when they gave shelter to an abused woman . Choosing her own family and washing hands off hurriedly off a woman and perhaps sending her to death and her child to doom may be regarded as sane and noble by many but i see it as a human crisis . When hostage situations r there and certain people r demanded , may be all feel a sense of relief when they go and rest r safe . Well , they DIE , and life for those who live is assuaged with guilt and nightmares . Nothing is so black and white . Why is only Dadisa expected to speak up , Sumitra and Gehna can open their mouth too and reveal Ganga is in the house . They r not . Anyone thought why ? They are not gagged . They r silent although they fear their own life coz they know the repercussions . Neither will Ratan Singh let them go once he elicits that information nor will he keep Ganga alive .

Edited by koolsadhu1000 - 10 years ago
Originally posted by hooked

Dear Samvi - I know this hostage business has put all sorts of people behind two separate lines. You are not a victim basher. You are much too reasonable and sensitive for that.

But do see what is happening here. Even if Ganga gives up Mannu to Ratan so he can let them all breathe. Does she feel Mannu will be safe with him ? Wud it be wise to entrust a child to that wild eyed, screaming mad man and expect him to take care of Mannu nicely ?

Does just ensuring a kid gets fed on time - ensure his welfare ? How about the trauma and shock that kid might experience at being away from his mom and seeing strangers around ? Do remember - Ratan has no patience or understanding for crying  babies. 

Even if Mannu is tracked down n rescued later - wud it be advisable to put a kid thru that trauma ?
----------------
 I wud not be able to part with my kid - defi not to a person who has tried to kill me threatened me several times and called my kid manhoos and let him cry when he was hungry. 

So I can understand if Ganga hesitates to trust his fatherly instinct.
----------------
As for Dadisa - she probably knows that people may threaten and scream n stamp their feet but actual KILLING is not that easy. She is probably still hoping somehow she will be able to deflect Ratan's attention from the haveli n make him go away to look for G elsewhere.

Plus the scene has not yet played itself completely out. She has dealt with madmen before. Remember Mahavir ? And also remember she too had run away with his son coz his own wife had sworn her to it.
Kids are precious treasures. They cannnot be exposed to madness even for small times. That trauma can stay with them forever and Mannu may feel he can never trust his mom again coz his mom doesn't always put his needs first.
-------------------
DS is in charge right now. She is the elder, she knows the risks, she is in control - she shud get to decide when enuf is enuf. She has already hinted to Basant to shut up. She wants to see what Ratan will do once he searches the house and realizes Ganga is truly not here. He may want to go searching for her elsewhere and leave them unharmed. 
DS is not cruel. But she has seen alot in her time and understands human nature quite well.
--------------------
And you do have to agree the CV's have taken free liberty with creating a bigger mess than is ever possible. - no guards, not even one, and no servants except poor old makhan - it is not even practical. But VasantSa's heroics were not very well timed.

Agree with most of your points hooked. As per Ds's age and experiences , she might have some plans which is fair enough. I just hope Gehna and Makhan won't die in this whole thing while DS waits for the right time. As u rightly said in some previous post everyones life is equally important. whether it is Makhaan's or Gehna's or her unborn baby's or Ganga's. 

I am confused a little bit about the trauma part(which mannu might have to face). Because i think survival has to be the priority first. I understand that mannu should not face any trauma...but when we have to make a choice, i also feel makhaan and gehna shouldn't die...as the directors seems to be focussing quite a bit on Gehna's discomfort and the blood dripping from makhaan's head. if i have to choose between a person's death and a persons trauma...i would say first save the dying person...then cure the trauma. In this case, firs see that people don't die here, then save the one who is kidnapped. 

but again, as sectoreight said giving away mannu might not stop Rat from harming singh's which made sense. So ganga surrendering also doesn't seem to be a good idea. the best thing to do would be to wait until this hostage rack ends and get back later. 

Originally posted by hooked

Some of the opinions here just make no sense.

So Ratan is Ganga's unwanted husband - who she did not choose. Her aunt chose this rishta to get rid of the unwanted orphan niece. And Ganga has suffered all these years in that house like a slave. Getting beaten, burnt, raped, and had a baby who she has seen was kept hungry n crying coz she was made to finish her work before she cud attend the the baby.

She has heard only abuses from that entire household and she has seen her kid too get abused and called names when Ratan's new wife was expecting. Ganga has HEARD that Rat planned to kill her once his son was born.

After all this - that poor thing has planned time n again to make an escape and just run for her life. She has never had the luxury to first plan and fund a bank account and a fix a safe place with adequate security that she could safely go to.

And then - when she thought she could run away - she just ran. And for all her efforts got almost killed when Rat caught up with her. She has SEEN her son abused. 
How can a mother give up her child ??

That is not possible. It is not human to do so. You do not let a murderer have your kid so you can live. She'd rather die than allow that. If those of you who think she shud just give Mannu up - were real mothers - you would not think so.
----------------------------
Now to why DS is helping Ganga. Dadisa too was a helpless woman who had no family n friends she cud turn to for help and she had not one but two small kids to take care off. She too had run off in the middle of the night from her molester Brother-in-law and escaped and brought up her kids.

Dadisa sees her own strength and spirit and her own situation in Ganga. That is why Dadisa has always been so fond and so protective of her. Anandi was just a child bride with an indomitable spirit. But Ganga has the spirit and the desperation n the danger. Dadisa can see why Ganga needs to be saved and Dadisa is thinking about all their safety. If they could just convince she's not here - Rat might leave them alone and go off to look elsewhere and in the mean time they cud call for help. That's her plan.

Cowards hand over the helpless to the butchers. Not the brave. And Dadisa is brave and has raised brave sons.

bravo... hooked... well said!!! especially the words in bold... worship smileys photo: We're not worthy worship.gif
well, what else can be said... victim bashers... here  victim bashers there... victim bashers everywhere... πŸ₯± πŸ₯± πŸ₯± πŸ₯± πŸ₯±

tom or day after... we will see a new post... RE: Why did ganga surrender herself to the singhs?? πŸ₯±  dear god!!! why? why?why?
So glad you agree Flutter ! πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜³

And if Ganga does come forth and hand over Mannu - there will stuff like - what kind of mother gives up a kid for her own safety ? she is not even a fit parent.

Ganga cannot win. Kabir's doha coming to life here - "sabay sahayak sabal ke, nibal na kou sahay". Everyone wants to help the strong, no one wants to stand for/with the weak. 

So the fact that Ratan is the madman here - he can justify any behaviour coz he has a gun in his hand. And Ganga has nothing so she shud even give up her life(read Mannu) and she is selfish if she doesn't !!!    πŸ€ͺDamned if she does and damned if she doesn't.

Am so glad Dadisa shut her up in a box and took the decision out of her hands. πŸ˜Ž
Edited by hooked - 10 years ago
If ds wouldn't have say ganga to go in the chest or basant would have said where ganga is looking at the gun if sumi would have opened her mouth because of fear I would have definitely opened a thread asking how could you singhs!But thanks to my dearest singhs they are brave!proud of this family.If ganga comes out now all the efforts of singhs will be wasted but if she comes out we shouldn't blame her because she is enduring and feeling guilt and dying every second listening to the torture done to the singhs or even if she is not listening then the tension of what is happening definitely is intolerable.She has lived with this family for seven long month,s,if she comes out she will only come out thinking of saving them,she will take the last chance thinking ratan will leave the singhs.Its a bad situation and whatever ganga will do will be the right decision.This is what you should do when you say ganga is our daughter.I am literally feeling very proud of singhs.I expected what dadisa did but I didn't expected what basant is doing for ganga.Very difficult when you see your pregnent wife and little son is facing death.Superb.
Charity begins at home those who are doing big talks hope they follow what they are preaching here.
Thank God Ganga comes out with Doctor Sa ka entry. Doctor Sa is the catalyst.πŸ‘