Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kaussar thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
Cara.. this is an absolutely wonderful post.. The so called TRP masses are actually a few in India who watch the show at the time it airs and they actually represent perhaps 1/3 rd of actual viewership.. because even in India many watch shows online when they get time.. And TRP is not calculated among the viewership abroad in other countries, who watch it as it airs.. But all these people makes a show successful... and these days everything is being advertised through internet as well.. So its not that they cannot earn any money through internet.. they must be but they would not acknowledge it.

And if we think it in another way take the example of  the Gold awards... those who voted and made the actors, the show and the channel successful did it through internet right.. and the channel in turn garnered a lot of advertisements and profit through the awards itself.. but indirectly who helped? the internet crowd.. so its not only those few who would watch the awards on time  on 28th when it airs in India who really will make the awards successful.

I think you should post this on F32 or ZEE website.😊

GredandForge thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: starsinmyeyes

Hey Neha...where were u yesterday girl?...we missed u...

As for Gul's statement...there is no press like bad press😆...whatever she talks she manages to catch everyone's eye every single time...is that why she makes such statements😆

I'm touched 😳

Agreed. But it will hurt you some day.
starsinmyeyes thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: vrohee

I'm touched 😳

Agreed. But it will hurt you some day.

True that...i hope she learns it soon..though she was pretty civil with the media in Jaipur and spoke hell loads about how she wants to show the intricacies of Islam..the traditionalism with the modernity...and then she talks about masses...either she didn't want to reveal the plot or just wanted to create a stir for the heck of it...either ways..she got noticed😆
Sb111 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
What a great post! I am a Canadian too and can tell you that the only reason we subscribed to Zeetv was so that we could watch Qubool Hai. But I watch on the Internet too because I want to watch it earlier. And trust me ... If you're talking TRP aunties of Canada ... and if they're anything like my IPad carrying mother ... they are watching their shows online and rewatching them later on tv! Zeetv just broke off from their partnership with starplus earlier this year and they probably wanted to solidify their market here with legit subscriptions and IMO that's why they have put so much energy into shutting down the online episodes here in Canada. It's really frustrating if you want to watch a favourite older episode and can't find it. And it's really maddening that my voice as a passionate and loyal fan isn't as valued because of where I live!
karikarinainan thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

The correction on TRP methodology  will happen but over a period of  time. 

US / UK are also trying to take care of offline audience including internet views and views post DTH record etc.  

By the way, the current sample for determining TRP is as small 12,000 households in India which is pretty non-representative sample and that  is also expected to be  corrected.
chicksoup thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
👏And I looovvveee U!🤗

I guess this was posted on F32 too..😳

Once more!🤗
MrDarcyfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
I am from New Zealand and I became a fan of 4 Lions because of IPKKND! I watched it on Star Plus which I had on my cable network. I started to watch a few months late and caught up to the old episodes on YouTube.

Zee TV I don't have on cable. So I caught up with QH a few months after it started on YouTube. I loved the show and continued to watch on YouTube till they blocked it. Now I watch it on Desi Tashan which I found doing a Google search.

I wish Zee had continued to show the full episode on YouTube. I still watch IPK and ARSHI videos on YouTube. I know Gul knows that the online audience is a huge driver of their shows! IPK should have taught them that! I was an active member of the IPK forum and now I come on the QH forum everyday too!

Therefore the die hard fans of 4 Lions shows are online and both 4 Lions and the channels need to accept this reality! I wish these fuddy duddy channel execs would get with the programme! The TRP auntie phase is gone! It is now the time of tech savy global viewers!

Indian TV need to identify their wider market! Some of us are not even Indian. I have never been to India. I just like to watch some BW movies and I am now hooked on some TV shows. So I hope going forward they decide to cater to an audience that "connects to high class realism" too, coz some of us DO belong to that group!Edited by MrDarcyfan - 10 years ago
CanadianChik thumbnail
Originally posted by: Jassieg

I so agree with u on this..even I watch the episodes online and that too in one hour time frame..as after, the content is blocked. I hate this system and hope they can make some changes. 

Yes - i can see the channels concern on copy right issues. However IMO what they are doing is not the solution to the issue!

They need to understand that they are making it worse - the world wide web is huge so if they take down videos from one source viewers tend to find another source of what QH.

We need to have an option to watch QH legally online - at our conveniece regardless of time and geographical location and our opinions should matter!!!

CanadianChik thumbnail
Originally posted by: Zarnaa

definately agree. the reason they are catering to the masses that don't like realism is because their polling methods are biased and outdated. in order to have a fair representation of the sample of people who watch the shows they need to start taking iinto account the social networks that serve as a platform for many fans of the show. 

Yes - the entire system needs to change with in the industry - there are a lot of political and legal issues i am sure - the channel is realizing it as well and therefore the TRP's are now on a monthly basis - however  IMO it is a 2 way street and therefore the newer generation of viewers also needs to be vocal on this issue. Just grumbling about it and blaming the channel is not sufficient enough. Therefore i went ahead and posted my thoughts.

Thank you to everyone for your support - i had though i would not get even a 100 people to read it but apparently it seems i am not the only one who feels so strongly about this issue.

CanadianChik thumbnail
Originally posted by: fairy_stardust

Oh how correct! Someone put down in words what I always pondered over...how the new generation is not counted in the TRP race as we prefer online content than on TV. Only in family life can you afford the luxury of TV and pay for cable...I live independent and when I can watch all online why do I opt for TV? I agree though that 4Lions are bound by the channel and ad companies to attain high TRPs to run. I just hope they change the TV medium system and find a better way to calculate popularity...online YT/Dailymotion views, etc. I really do hope Zee TV changes it strategy and allows it's content online after 24 hours of it's airing. So that the whole world can watch and they would get a better feedback. But I really doubt they will do that in the near future. The television industry is very slow in changing it's medium of outreach. Le sigh!

Yes - i would not have a problem even if they made it available after a week or gave me the option of paying in order to see QH online - if i can pay 8 dollars a month for netflicks and watch all movies in various languages and TV shows to my hearts content i have no issues also paying for QH but i should have a legal option to view it online regardless of time or geographical location.

The channels need to look at the glass half full rather than glass half empty in order to survive their business. The fact that online content is not being produced by big banner companies needs to be a wake up call.  After all  i tunes change the music industry!