Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Lumos-Maxima thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago
Nimi superb prologue and introduction!! ðŸ˜ƒ Manvi hid something from Jeevika and others.. Interesting.. Waiting for the first part.. Thank you for the pm.. Take care ðŸ˜Š
itsfate thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
awesome prologue
would love to read more
continue soon
thanks for the pm
pink1 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
prologue and introduction part was nice
update soon
Niaksharma thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Too good
liked it..
Awesome starts...
Waiting for next one...
roshreb thumbnail
nice intro & prologue.. thanks for the pm.. eager to know abt manvi's secret..waiting for nxt part..
nrithyao thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
loved both prologue & intro
would love to read more
please do continue
thanks a lot for the pm
nimi00 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Wondering what I am doing back so soon?  I just found out I will be gone from tomorrow and won't be back till next Sunday because I have a surgery on Friday so here is an early update. Not sure if you will like it, but its an update. Sorry if its boring.  Thank you so much to everyone who commented and liked the prologue and intro.  If you like this one, please like and comment again ðŸ˜Š. 

Chapter 1: Unleashing fears, developing feelings

"MANNU!, Mannu wake up, please Manvi, don't go," she screamed.  Her sister's slowing heartbeats were taking away her own soul by the second.  "Mannu, mein hoon na tere saath, mujhse chood ke maat ja," she screamed to the heartbeats, as if they could even hear her.  Reality struck her once again when the beats got so faint the lines on the monitor were almost horizontal, she was almost dead, she was losing her Mannu.  She looked at body in front of her.  The girl's eyes had dark circles underneath, her bones sharply seen due to weight loss, and her body frail due to hard medications.  Her body was now ice cold, her circulation was going to stop any minute.   BEEP.  The small noise from the monitor shattered Jeevika completely. "Mannu," she whispered for her lifeless sister unwilling to accept reality.  Her heartbeat, it was gone, her sister left her, she was dead.  "Phulo ka tarron ka sab ka kehena hai, ek hazaroon mein meri behena hai, sari umar hame saang rehena hai," all of it was a joke to her now; they had sung the song millions of times promising each other together forever, all those dreams were gone. 

"MANNU," Jeevika screamed as she woke up from her nap in a sweat.  She looked around and tried catching her breath.  Her sister was in Rishikesh just fine she tired assuring her uncontrolled heartbeats.

Viren came back to find his wife just sitting on the bed admiring her sister's pictures and smiled, but the sound of sniffles broke his trance, she wasn't admiring, she was crying.  He walked over and lifted her face up as he gently wiped off her tears.  "Jeevika, tum thik toh ho, kya hua, Manvi toh thik hai na?" he asked immediately worried about his pyari Sali.  Viren adored Manvi, her selfless nature and love for everyone amazed him and he shared a very special bond with her since he knew how much she meant to Jeevika.  Jeevika slowly nodded her head yes and brushed off all her thoughts she had since the morning.  "Chaliye Virenji, we should go down to eat," she said not wanting to talk about it anymore.  Viren held her hand and called the one person that could make his wife smile again, his Sali.  "Baat karlo, tumhara maan halka hoga," he said smiling as he walked towards the bathroom.

"DI!" Manvi said overly excited that her didi finally called again, she had been weak all day and her sister's voice just gave her a jolt of energy.

"Hi Mannu, kaise hai tu, what are you doing," she said trying to brush off all the thoughts.

"A1 didi, I am cooking. Is everything ok there, you sound sad. Kya hua," she asked.  She felt a shiver of worry overcome her as she heard the sadness behind her sister's voice.  That was the specialty of their bond, if something happened to one, the other would find out instantly, it was a heart to heart connection that they had.

"Kuch nahi Mannu, I am fine, just tired from cleaning and cooking," she said hiding the nightmare.

"Ok, but get some rest," she said reluctantly knowing her sister was lying, "di jiju kaha hai," she asked.  The phone was on speaker and Viren had just got out and smiled when his Sali asked for him.

"I am here too meri pyari Sali, kaise ho, is my brother taking good care of you," he asked chuckling.

"JIJU!, Yes I am fine Jiju. Your brother, this one doesn't even seem like he is related to you , aap ka hi bhai hai na, you are so sweet and loving and he is just bossy and useless," she said giggling at Virat who was just plopped down on her sofa watching cricket while she made dinner.  Viren just giggled and said I know, but got a scream in response, Manvi had just burned her finger on the stove. Virat got up and took the phone away from her and said bye to his brother.  He shook his head at her as he pulled her over to the sink to pour cold water over it.  "Cook then talk ok, I don't want you blaming me for burning your hands while cooking dinner," he said as he walked over to the first aid kit and placed a band-aid over the forming blister. She smiled at his concern for her and began to cook again. 

"MM, Manvi tumhara haat ka khana, I am really going to miss this once college is done," he said admiring how good she made his favorite dishes.  "we should get married, you could cook for me every day for my entire life," he said relishing the food a little more.  Manvi stared at him as she remembered the dark truth her life was becoming, "for the rest of MY life Virat, who knows how long that is, enjoy the food now, kya pata you may never get this chance again," she said holding back the tears that were fighting to come out. Virat was confused at why she became so senti this quick but let it go.  A piercing silence filled the room as they ate, neither Virat nor Manvi were able to say another word.  "Alright, I will see you tomorrow", he said hugging her as he left.  Manvi was feeling weak once again, she had been all day but she didn't want to worry Virat.  She cleaned up and then began washing the dishes when her body gave up and she fell to the floor with a loud thump.  Virat came had come back since he had a question about the assignment for tomorrow but was confused when she didn't answer the door.  He opened the door with his spare key to see that she was on the floor unconscious.  "MANVI," he yelled calling for her, no response.  His world had come to a complete stop. He didn't know why or how, but tears came streaming down his cheeks, she wasn't moving, she wasn't responding. WHY WASN'T SHE RESPONDING, his mind screamed for answers, Was she dead? His heart skipped a beat at that thought.  She was on the bed now and he was sprinkling water on her, his hands trembling with fear; much to his relief, she finally opened her eyes.  "Virat, is it morning," she slurred .  Virat was terrified seeing her state, he had never seen her like this. "Manvi drink some water and go back to sleep," he said caressing her forehead and handing her a water bottle.  "Don't worry about me, mein thik hu, you can go," she spoke after a while, the guilt in her voice, it tugged at his heart.  He knew that Manvi was opposed to him keeping an eye on her, he hated the fact that she felt like burden to him.  He liked spending time with her, he just left free and open with her, even though she was Jeevika's sister, he personally felt like he was helping a friend, for him it wasn't his bhabhi ki behen, she was his best friend, no one knew him better than her.  An hour passed by, they were in the same position Manvi's hand in Virat's firm grasp, it was like he was fighting, fighting just to keep her with him, she would be safe with him.  His other hand was over her hair just randomly caressing it.  She stirred, shivering at his touch. "Virat, go get some sleep," she mumbled, too tired to even open her eyes. "I am not going anywhere, I will sleep on the sofa, at least I will be able to know if you go unconscious again", he said still terrified at what had just happened.  For the five minutes she was unconscious, he felt like like his heart was suddenly ripped out, she was going to take it with her and leave him forever.  He closed his eyes at the thought and looked at her one more time trying to shrug off these weird feelings.  "You are fine partner, nothing happened to you, I won't let anything happen to you," he whispered softly, but firm enough to assure himself she would be fine.  He sat there admiring how angelic she looked in her sleep before he fell into a deep sleep immersed in her thoughts, her hand still in his protective grasp.  

Edited by nimi00 - 10 years ago
jia123sagar thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
superb update
loved it
plz cont soon
pink1 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
nice update but what happen to her
update soon and what happen to u
what kind surgery having u
Edited by pink1 - 10 years ago
roshreb thumbnail
hey that was really awesome and not boring at all.. love the part where virat found her unconscious...  the way he shows so much care & concern ... that was beautifully written...will be waiting for ur nxt update..
Edited by roshreb - 10 years ago