After Anamika, I would love to do a comedy show

Posted: 10 years ago

After Anamika, I would love to do a comedy show: Simran Kaur

The extremely beautiful and charming Simran Kaur, who plays the sexy chudail (witch) in Sony Entertainment'sAnamika (Trsihula Productions), is enjoying playing the character every bit but is weak at heart in real life when it comes to supernatural elements.

Talking about it, Simran smilingly says, "I really get scared very easily. I always try to believe that there are angels around protecting us and that God will keep me away from everything bad."

So has she ever faced any spooky moment herself? "You won't believe; such a case happened very recently. I am talking about the time when I had to shoot at the Saluja Mansion while the rest cast was shooting somewhere else. Inside the mansion, I had to climb a very scary staircase. And as I entered the gate and climbed 10 steps, the door banged shut all of a sudden. Extremely petrified I started chanting Waheguru's name," reveals the actor.

The actress, who recently shot along with her cast with Ravi Kissan for a special integration episode of Bajatey Raho, was all praise for the actor and music of the film, "The Mata Rani jagran song that we shot was a wonderful piece. Even though I had to act all tensed because of the holy song, I was enjoying it and felt like yelling 'Jai mata di' in-between," laughs off the pretty actress.

We also heard about the show going off air. How much of that is true? "No one has informed me of something like this, but even if it does, I think we have really achieved a lot. Our plot is similar to an episodic but yet we have come so far. It's commendable for the team to have made an impact with such a different show," avers Simran.

When asked whether she believes in such a passionate love, the actress quips, "We are from a generation where there is nothing like eternal love. It is also harder to believe as we have also not seen or heard of such intense love. Being a practical person, I think it would be a waste of time running behind someone so passionately."

After playing a witch with such lan, what kind of roles would she want to play in the future? "I don't know why, but I am stuck with my wish to do a comedy. I know it will be difficult to return to do something normal after Anamika, but I will love to do some light hearted roles," she observes.

And reality shows? "I am all game for doing something like Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, but since I am more like a child and need proper food and sleep, I do not think that I will do shows like Bigg Boss."

For now, Simran says that she is enjoying work, but misses her social life. "I do wish to get some time off but I am enjoying playing the larger-than-life Anamika every day," signs off the beautiful actress.

tfs :)
simran z such a chilled out person and i loved the line whr she said she wantd to shout "jai mata di" herself while shooting d sequence for anamika.. 😳
Completely in love with her optimism and urge to try out different roles and take risks! It's a very big thing for a religious person like her to be doing the role of a chudail so I commend her for that 👏

God bless you, didi!! ❤️
Tfs! I've always enjoyed watching n reading Simi's interviews n really loved dis one 😳
Hats off to her for taking risks on trying out different types of roles in such a short span of time! 👏

And its really challenging to play a chudail being a religious person which she's doing perfectly!! 

Would love to watch her doing comedy or jhalak next
And we all know no matter in whichever show we see her next she will shine ⭐️

Tfs. Simran is a gold hearted person. Really love her a lot.
Thanks for sharing!
Even Simran agrees this show has many miss connected episodes and much similar ones  😆

I think it would be a waste of time running behind someone so passionately."

Please Simran convince cvs on above point...its useless watching Anamika always going after Jeet 😒

Simran is a darling lady ⭐️😊
Originally posted by romaila

Thanks for sharing!
Even Simran agrees this show has many miss connected episodes and much similar ones  😆

I think it would be a waste of time running behind someone so passionately."

Please Simran convince cvs on above point...its useless watching Anamika always going after Jeet 😒

Simran is a darling lady ⭐️😊

you missed a point...

telly buzz told us--simran is not happy to play negative role and accused her with exit of co star based on that assumption...

but in this interview simran is happy with her role and serials achievement...in fact she is commending PH team...that means telly buzz post is completely bakwaas and far from truth...😉
Edited by 100raj - 10 years ago
Originally posted by Simi939

tfs :)
simran z such a chilled out person and i loved the line whr she said she wantd to shout "jai mata di" herself while shooting d sequence for anamika.. 😳

jagaran main aisa hota hai--we get involved so much that it becomes too difficult to not say jai mata di...

mata rani ka jagaran is very powerful in deed...
Tfs. Simran is a real sweetheart. 
Originally posted by 100raj

you missed a point...

telly buzz told us--simran is not happy to play negative role and accused her with exit of co star based on that assumption...

but in this interview simran is happy with her role and serials achievement...in fact she is commending PH team...that means telly buzz post is completely bakwaas and far from truth...😉
arrre haan 😲😆.
Simran's happiness ver her role means show will end of killing of plain black Anamika without any realisation of past mistakes and wrong decissions  I really wanted to see Anamika backing out herself as this would end her come back chances forever. 😊