Mythological Masti
Mythological Masti

India-Forums

Draupadi - Serial on Sahara One

varaali IF-Dazzler
varaali
varaali

Posted: 21 July 2013 at 7:37am | IP Logged
This  aired about 10 years ago- and was - in my opinion the best portrayal of Draupadi in any mythological serial. Draupadi was shown as strong- not arrogant, spirited but not disrespectful (esp towards her husbands). One of the finest characterizations of Draupadi. The lead role was played by Mrinal Kulkarni.

I lost track of the serial half way though - just before the Game of Dice. I don't know if it went on till the end.

I was always on the lookout for You Tube uploads and I recently found three episodes uploaded. Don't know if they are in any order.

Has anyone else too watched this serial ?

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

Debipriya-Gitanjali-amritat.Vrish.PrincessFlaviaSurya_krsnbhaktProud-India..RamKiJanaki..Krishna_Sourav

Surya_krsnbhakt IF-Dazzler
Surya_krsnbhakt
Surya_krsnbhakt

Posted: 21 July 2013 at 7:53am | IP Logged
I might have seen a few episodes, but then, I was too young at that time, maybe some 6-7 years or something... so I was more interested in Pokemon, and Ninja Hattori and those silly cartoons...LOL
Though I remember Draupadi and Krishna's bro-sis relationship was depicted beautifully..

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Debipriya

-Gitanjali- Coolbie
-Gitanjali-
-Gitanjali-

Posted: 27 July 2013 at 7:11am | IP Logged
In that they clearly showed karna had a soft spot for her
Surya_krsnbhakt IF-Dazzler
Surya_krsnbhakt
Surya_krsnbhakt

Posted: 27 July 2013 at 7:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Nandiniraizaada

In that they clearly showed karna had a soft spot for her
Karna had a soft spot for Draupadi?Shocked
lola610 IF-Rockerz
lola610
lola610

Posted: 29 July 2013 at 3:44pm | IP Logged
I saw bits and pieces of this serial when it was syndicated on TV Asia... I vaguely remember liking their choice for Draupadi but being iffy on their choice for Krishna. Varaali, if you come across more video clips from the show, please do share them, I'd love to refresh my memory of it.

Debipriya

varaali IF-Dazzler
varaali
varaali

Posted: 30 July 2013 at 1:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by lola610

I saw bits and pieces of this serial when it was syndicated on TV Asia... I vaguely remember liking their choice for Draupadi but being iffy on their choice for Krishna. Varaali, if you come across more video clips from the show, please do share them, I'd love to refresh my memory of it.

These are the only three available right now. I have been on a look out for a long time, but no success. 

What did you find objectionable about the actor playing Krishna? I thought he was pretty good- in fact the entire casting was good.

They even went into detail about Krishna- Jambavanti's marriage which was, I thought, taken straight out of K M Munshi's Krishnavatara (Part 5).

Proud-India

lola610 IF-Rockerz
lola610
lola610

Posted: 30 July 2013 at 9:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by varaali

Originally posted by lola610

These are the only three available right now. I have been on a look out for a long time, but no success. 

What did you find objectionable about the actor playing Krishna? I thought he was pretty good- in fact the entire casting was good.

They even went into detail about Krishna- Jambavanti's marriage which was, I thought, taken straight out of K M Munshi's Krishnavatara (Part 5).

Nothing objectionable per se, I just don't remember him making much of an impact on me... but now that I think of it, I might be mixing this Krishna up with the one from Maharathi Karna since they aired back to back when they were syndicated. I didn't watch the the Jambavanti track at all though, and if it was based on Munshi, I'm even more eager to see it!

Proud-India

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top