Indian 'idle' bana big screen idol

Posted: 17 years ago

Indian 'idle' bana big screen idol

big dreams: Abhijeet Sawant pic/BL SONI

Abhijeet Sawant to make his Bollywood debut with April Fool; the film will be directed by Rakhi Sawant's brother Rakesh
Tushar Joshi
[email protected]

After not quite making his mark as a singer, former Indian Idol Abhijeet Sawant has got his eyes set on the big screen. There has been considerable buzz about Sawant making his debut in Bollywood for a while now, and those rumours have now been confirmed.
Looks the part
Sawant will soon be seen in a film titled April Fool, directed by Rakhi Sawant's brother Rakesh. Confirming the news, Rakesh says, "I will be working with Abhijeet for my new film. It's a comedy about a guy and five girls. Abhijeet will be playing the lead, and Chunky Pandey is also in the film."
Why did he choose Sawant for the role? "He fits the part and goes with the look I have planned for the guy."
Driving Miss Daisy!
Leaving for Bangkok in the next few days, Rakesh also plans to start another project titled Wafaa. "The film will be a thriller starring Shahwar Ali, Rahul Roy and others. I have based it on the extra-marital affair of a wife with her driver."
Will Rakhi be a part of any of these projects? "Yes. In fact, she read the scripts and is really excited about them. I met her yesterday on raksha bandhan and she heard the scripts out," he says.
'Amreeka' returned
Yet undecided about the exact dates when the films with go on floors, Rakesh will be shooting both films simultaneously in Bangkok. "I will be checking out locations and then announcing the dates."
It is learnt that once Abhijeet returns from his American tour along with Himesh Reshamiyya, he will start working on the film

rakhi sawant's brother! hehe anywayy good luck 2 him!!

what does this tushar joshie person mean by

[quote]"After not quite making his mark as a singer" [/quote]😑.

abhi has definitely made his mark in a biggg way. his album was super hit and his songs in the movies were great aswell!!!!!!!

stupid journalist 🀒 .

anyway all the best to abhi for his movie. hope the movie's a hit and abhi does really well.
thanks for sharing Shruti

Edited by ~Sanam~ - 17 years ago
πŸ˜†
Does that mean Abhi will be shown married in the film or will he play the driver? I hope it's good and he doesn't make an "April Fool" of himself.
Originally posted by ~Sanam~

abhi has definitely made his mark in a biggg way. his album was super hit and his songs in the movies were great aswell!!!!!!!

stupid journalist 🀒 .

anyway all the best to abhi for his movie. hope the movie's a hit and abhi does really well.

Thats what struck me the most...

Well, according to news...abhijeet is one of the most known people in the film/singing industry...and its true....what is this idiotic journalist going on about....

Anyway, i bet this film will be great and i hope also a gib hit!πŸ˜›

i am very much happy with abhi turning out to b actor soon 😊 ,but its a rakhi sawant's brother's film ...i am afraid of it πŸ˜• ..i hope its decent,cant c abhi with so many many girls n rakhi 😑 stay away frm him by million miles...plsssssssss 😑 😑
Originally posted by ~Sanam~

stupid journalist 🀒 .

Well he has you know, made quite a mark. But not to such an extent as Sony says "Every party is incomplete without him, no event is done without himπŸ˜•". Hehe anywaysπŸ˜† good luck to him.
oh wow thanks for sharing!! i hope the movie's a hit and hes successful! 😊
i wish him all the best... i dont like wot the journalist said.. so rude 😑
thnx 4 sharing!!

cant w8 2 see the film