Kabhi Alvida na Kehna... JAYASHREE, KANWAR, SID...

Hansa-Tapori thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Once upon a time in a mohalla far far away, there lived a beautiful reporter called Nanhi.

Nanhi ka ek bhai tha. Naam tha uska Aditya Vyas Bhatnagar. Pyaarse log usse Addu bulaate the. Nanhi aur Addu kabhi ladthe the, zagadthe the, kabhi dono hasste the, kabhi dono rotey the. Aur ek din aise hi hasste-khelte Addu gumm ho gaya. Days passed, months flew past, ssn1 turned into ssn2 and Addu was still not found.

Then one day, twelve years later, a gabru jawaan handsome prince crashed into Nanhi's life. They fell in love and eventually got married.

...And they lived happily ever after... Well, they would have but alas, as in all fairy tales, there was a vamp. Not an ordinary vamp but a horrible nasty REVAMP!

Aur uss witch ne Rapunzel ke baal kaat diye. Err... sorry, I meant, uss Revamp ne Addu, Nanhi aur Beera ke roles kaat diye πŸ˜­

Addu toh mil gaya par NBT ne Jayshree, Siddharth aur Kanwar jaise umda kalakaron ko hamesha hamesha ke liye kho diya 😭 And as I try to digest this fact, I find 100s of scenes flashing through my mind, scenes that touched me to the core, scenes that have shown time and again, what fine actors these three are.

For instance, Nanhi's scenes with her Spiderman. How special and close to my heart each and every one of those scenes are. Whether it was the scene on the terrace when Spiderman comes to ask for her forgiveness, or that historic hug on holi, or the adorable scene on the terrace when Spiderman is jealous because there is another man in his little girl's life, or the umpteen cute scenes during the wedding celebrations - each of them will remain etched in my memory forever.

If I were to pick one single scene between Nanhi and Spiderman, I think it would have to be the one after the holi hug, when Nanhi drags Mohan to his old bachelor pad and they sit there on the floor, like long lost buddies, catching up, saare gille-sikhwe door karte huye. That scene was so calm, so peaceful, so symbolic and yet so moving that I can still visualise it so clearly.

Another beautiful scene that Jayshree absolutely nailed was the scene where Nanhi is sitting on Megha's lap on the day of the wedding and Megha is painting her nails. My 9 year old daughter was sitting on my lap when we were watching that scene. When the scene ended, we exchanged looks. There were tears running down both our cheeks.

But I have a bone to pick with the CVs. There was one scene I really wanted to see. I wanted Mohan to take Nanhi on a shopping spree before her wedding. I wanted him to pamper her, feed her tons of ice-cream and buy her loads of clothes and shoes. Alas, it was not to be.

BEERA. My daughter's favourite character. She got so excited when she saw him dressed as a groom. "Wow, he looks like a prince," she said. And I was like - aww, my baby's 2nd crush (her 1st one was Ranbir Kapoor).

Well, if there was one person who could compete with Renu when it came to comic timing in NBT, it was Beera. Remember the first time he met Renu and they were taaking English and speaking double dutch? I totally totally loved Beera's comic sequences and even the background music they used to play for those scenes. It's a pity that his last few scenes in NBT have been so serious. I loved the happy-go-lucky Beera and miss his smile.

Another favourite of mine is the scene where Nanhi goes to meet Beera, after he comes to know about his Rabdiji's sting operation. Wow @ the intensity in that scene and hats off to both Jayshree and Siddharth for their commendable performance.

ADDU, MUNNA yaaa KANWAR? What can I say about this actor? I find it difficult to fathom how such a young actor could play a complex character like Addu's with such finesse. Saying so little and yet saying so much, in true NBT style. Waise I have a confession to make. I must be the only person who wanted Addu to continue to be bad because I loved the background score they used to play for wicked Addu. It rocked!

One of my absolute favourite scenes of Kanwar has to be the one where Nanhi ties the pagri on him. What a scene and what mind-blowing performance from Kanwar, Jayshree and Kunal. I watched that scene so many times. Just couldn't get enough of it.

Another scene that I have to mention is the Addu- Mohan face-off at the railway station. What an intense controlled performance it was and such a treat to watch.

And not to forget Addu's penchant for fancy dress, right from the gas cylinder waala to the chai waala. Reminded me of an ancient movie of Sanjeev Kumar's called Naya Din Nai Raat in which he played 9 different roles. Yeah yeah, I know all the little ones on the forum are now going to ask who Sanjeev Kumar was and remind me that I belong to the age of the dinosaurs. LOL!

There are so many more scenes that I have loved to bits and these three actors have played with aplomb, that I could go on and on and on...

JAYASHREE, KANWAR, SIDDHARTH - we love you guys. I usually write fun posts and try to make everyone laugh but today I'm writing this with a heavy heart. I wish you didn't have to go. We will miss you loads.

At this point, I would also like to apologise on behalf of all NBTians for the times when we have been quick to criticise. Actually, the fault lies in us, in our inability to accept change and move on and does not in any way reflect on your acting prowess. Not one bit.

So I guess it is time for us to say goodbye. Par nahin. Hum alvida nahin kahenge. Because we know that very soon you guys are going to be back with a bang on our screens in some other shows and will continue to entertain us for many more years to come.

NBTians ki duaayen lete jao,
Tum teeno ko hazaron shows miley,
NBT ki kabhi na yaad aaye,
Baaki shows mein itna pyaar miley.

A big thank you to Sabu for uploading all the pictures and Raji, Sah and Sakshi for their invaluable help.

A request: If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜Š
Edited by HansaTapori - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Leesan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Thanks ever so much Hansa! πŸ‘  Great post!! So many lovely memories of this talented trio!! πŸ‘πŸΌ

I'm really sad that it had to end this way, but that's the uncertainty of the entertainment business!  One day here,the next...gone! 

Well,the revamp is on it's way, and though I remain unconvinced and unhappy with the way this track was rushed through, I sincerely hope it will be worth it when all is said and done! πŸ˜‰   

So go in peace and love,our sweet Nanhi, comical Beera and identity challenged Addu! πŸ€—   And every success to Jayashree, Siddarth and Kanwar in your future endeavors! We will miss all of you!  Cheers! πŸ‘
arshii143 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
is it 100% confirm??? I really dont want them to leave nd hoping that may b cvs change their mind nd continue the story...πŸ˜”
Hansa-Tapori thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
I am sorry about the size of some of the pictures guys. This is the first time I'm posting pictures and I got it all wrong. Hopefully I'll be able to sort that out soon πŸ˜Š
habika thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I want this trio to be out of the show because of them our meghan didn't get enough space,but if sources to be believed then they are leaving the show,feeling sorry for them but they are the finest actors,I agreed.but they must leave the show
kunaladicted thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Beautiful post Hansa... I know ssn1 bahut spcl tha...and had a very spcl and unforgettable place in our heart... but ssn2 is also very spcl... aur isko spcl Kunal nd Aakanksha k sath Jayshree, Siddharth nd Kanwar ne banaya h... I don't think ki inse better Nanhi, Beera nd Addu ka character koi play kar skta tha... So Thank u Jayshree, Sid nd Kanwar for making this ssn also spcl...love u all three nd miss u...
filtered_chaos thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
beautiful post...n i would like to thank u a lot...chalo atleast dere is smone who remembered to make a farewell post on dese three amidst d chaos of revamp in d forum...
n its true...i myself was unable to accept dem in d beginning...i used to find dem irritating...but slowly i started accepting dem...n now wen i couldnt imagine ssn 2 widout dem...dey r leaving...dey all r brilliant actors n deserve more n more success in life...i'll miss dem actually...
Moner_Radio thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
hansa :

thanx for this wonderful post. and i concur with everything you said ..i'll miss them too. we fans demanded a season 2 to see MM's story, but the CVs forced a damned 12yrs " jump in time " on us and we were made to see NB's love story instead, which resulted in lesser screen space for MM. and that's what made us lose our cool and get frustrated with them .. but that never meant that we wanted them out of the show altogether like this!  specially after 7 months of being together .. when they all have become so dear to all of us. 

and regarding the actors, i was actually impressed by Kanwar Dhillon from day1 itself. i loved his " cold, emotionless, bitter, hardened with the brutalities of life " act with controlled expressions with made it hard for anyone to decipher what's actually going on in his mind and his baritone voice and to think this lad is only 20πŸ‘ ! yes he might have fallen flat in a few scenes, but that doesnt take away his acting prowess from him, and certainly doesnt make him expressionless (as some may think ). kudos to KD for portraying such a complex character at so young an age to perfectionπŸ‘ ..may you get to more and more such interesting roles that befit your talent and win hearts of many more people ! 

Jayashree Venketaramanan - when the leap happened, everyone was busy lamenting over losing Ashnoor in season 2. result ? - everyone started comparing her to ashnoor, found out flaws that never existed, and even bashed her for no rhyme or reason, completely forgetting the fact that the two characters are entirely different. it was at that time i told myself " what cant be cured, must be endured .. why vent out our frustrations on her for something she's not responsible?" then the first interaction between navika and rimjhim occurred ..i told my friends " she can do it". cut to 29th Jan, navika discovers her father after 12yrs in a slum and all her hatred and anger gets washed away in a overwhelming flood of happy and joyous emotions " she DID it ! " and since then there was no looking back. JS rocked her scenes with KKK and AS and gave us some of the best moments of the show so farπŸ‘. today 90% of my favorite scenes from NBT-2 comprises of her scenes with others πŸ‘. JS , i love you dear ! waiting to see you in new roles and win the appreciation that you truely deserve πŸ˜ƒ! 

Siddharth Arora - i missed your comic timing yaar !  why on earth did beera had to swing like a pendulum between positive and negative shades at the cost of his funny image ?! your funny antics with Rinku ji and JS coupled with your english vocab was hilarious in several scenes ! waiting to see you rock in other shows and receive all accolades and appreciations !πŸ˜ƒ

we'll miss you a lot guys ! please be back soon ! πŸ˜Š 
Swetha-Sai thumbnail
@TM

Fabulous post by u dear! πŸ‘β­οΈ
Harshad_dbest thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

luv u for this hansa...

now cuming to these three wonderful actors..my personal favourite is jayshree...as said by moner_radio..29th january was THE DAYfor this young talent...i got tears watching that scene..beautiful switch of emotions from luv for spidy to hatred...she has improved day by day and now when its all perfect..she is leaving..making me miss my chavanni...u r a blessed actor jay..we r proud that we had u as nanhi in nbt..

cuming to siddharth..here cumes another actor..πŸ‘switching from positive to negative..making the viewers feel that guilt,that helplessness isn't easy guys...and this man nailed it..just like everyone even i luved the joker beera..and his hinglish..ur scenes wid reenu were hilarious...u r on the path sid..god bless u..

kanwardhillon..son of a renowned actor...no..now he has his own identity as an actor...that stubborn attitude of chota addu was so very well reflected in our bada addu..he'll never change..πŸ˜†.anti-mhan..each and every emotion on ur face took all of us through that journey of 12 years ..full of adversities and struggle...πŸ‘ 

now for all of u..what makes an actor a good actor is the fact that he should be a good human at heart too...and u all are beautiful souls...being so patient with fans like us is not easy..πŸ˜†...we are realy sorry if our comments made u feel sad...making ur own place among well established characters is neither an easy task for u guys and nor for us to accept..everything takes time..but today i can say that with u all three going..a part of nbt is biding us bye...we'll miss u all...god bless u with loads of success and happiness...keep smiling...

Edited by Harshad_dbest - 10 years ago