Originally posted by ArshiHamesha

Riddle No. 15:πŸ˜ƒ

How is Arnav expected to greet people? πŸ˜›

Arnav Singh Raizada never greet ppl but  Khushi with his deadly  "Hi" 
πŸ˜†
He is never expected to greet people, kya? Only Khus  HI πŸ˜‰ 
Posted: 10 years ago
episode 164

she was the most gorgeous mami ji i ever saw, that she the sanskari one made a good bit of fun of her elders, her sis's ma-in-law to be and their one of a kind buaji, i was completely willing to overlook because she was really and utterly funny...

otherwise would this man have looked thus.

while one left me rofling... no i wasn't holding my stomach, i just let it all hang outiya, mami ji of the khoosie bitiya kind... the other made my breath hitch and go haywire with this intense desire of his that keeps pulling him to strange places. sometimes her bathroom, sometimes the store room (oh that hot humid sunday), and very often the kitchen (now why this kitchen thing all the time, home fires etc., back of director's mind?) and there he went as though drawn by a string, then all that red rose, albeit, made of felt and brought on by a mami act. was that the reason the wonderfuliya act in the very first place? apart from a good dose of laughter, it would bring a red rose and two lovers into the same frame? maybe i ponder too much.

but felt like that to me, and felt good, rose being pretty loaded with reference, memory, meaning in ipk.

164 started with an irate khushi asking asr why he has picked up the phone. madam, it's his home...

"hum nanhe ji se baat karna chahte hain..." i want to talk to nanhe ji...

he's about to say something but holds back... in these little moments so much being said.

"nanhe yahan nahin hai, ab tum meri baat su..." nk aint's hee, now you liste-

he's been trying to tell her something for a while...

but she cuts in... stopping him, saying she knows all this is his evil ploy to distract her, to stop her from winning.

haar jeet, losing and winning, the theme continues.
listen, khushi... he tries to get into the conversation but with a "samjhe aap" and a "hum jeetenge" i'll win, she ends the chat.

we see a bit of manorama mami's insecurities re new daughter-in-law, vis a vis her "posting" in rm. but her son assures her this ain't no "demosson," it's in fact a promotion... to ma-in-law status while maintaining her elder daughter-in-law place in the fam. funny as it all seems, the entire situation reflects some real emotions and fears that accost many of us. and oh kitchen politics are far more lethal than ordinary running the government sort of politics... no doubt about it.

then all are off to gh for intense gift exchange, and surprise, both asr and shyam want to tag along. asr mainly because he remembers her talking rudely to him and insisting she'd win... how dare she. actually, the man is madly jealous by now but pretending huh, never. and shyam because he can't help but be a slimeball; what an opportunity to let bua ji know she can't be rid of him so easily. she has held him by the scruff and thrown him out... twitch twitch, smile creepily... he'll show her. 

khushi and payal are much into mami day, natraj ki murti enters dialogue and... ting tong.

looks like the lord of dance is here! at the door are two people, thankfully khushi's twin is lost in her own world with her perfumewa. man in consternation, then cracking up.

another moment to be looped eternally.

jumping to, drawing room at gh. gifts are being given and taken... nautanki khushi is yet to make an entry. some people are impatient. bua ji calls out," titaliya, chai bani ki nahin..." butterfly girl, is the tea ready? man observes keenly, something brewing, hotter than tea.

he gets up... "kaa hua babua..." what happened, dear boy?  "wo mujhe paani chahiye." er i want water.

butterflies. the man is desperate to meet the woman, he of course believes it's to tell her off. possibly one of his earliest moves as callow lover boy, he's come here looking for her, when he knows where she is, he has to get there. there's that need, palpable.

"nahin nahin nahin that's ok, main chala jaaoonga," no no, that's ok, i'll go. he walks off before anyone can stop him.

khushi is getting rid of mami things, praying to dm, save me... a hand comes and takes the red rose clip off her bun.

she swivels around as her hair cascades down... the first time he's done that. such an intense sensuality in the moment... on a computer, in a 6 inch star player screen what i'm seeing is making my shoulders go hot, my ears burn, causing extreme acidity too.

and that red rose in his hand...

silver smooth voice... out to make a point,

"actually, main bhi lucknow se hoon," actually, i too am from lucknow... awww. 

"aap yahan," you, here? she's flustered.

"i said, main bhi lucknow se hoon..."

"haan, toh?" yeah, so?

"toh tumhari himmat kaise hui meri baat poori hue bina jaane ki," so how dare you leave before i've said what i had to...

she turns around without giving an answer.

"natak mat karo... pehle mera phone kaat diya... phir maine baat karne ki koshish ki toh..." don't put on an act, you disconnected my call, then when i tried to talk...

someone calls off screen.

she goes to take the tea...

"enough." clenched teeth.

again that thing between them even when they are far apart.

"ab sirf main baat karoonga aur tum sunogi..." now i'll talk, you'll listen.

he insists their side will win, she refutes...  asr music coming on.

"tumhe itna yakin hai ki tum nahin harogi?" you're so sure you won't lose?

the battle of words continues, while their desire have their own chat, sotto voce... you can't hear it, but feel it you will.

"itna confidence?" so much confidence?

a little advance... retreat.

"aazma ke dekh lijiye..." try it out and see, she's not giving in.

"socho, khushi kumari gupta, agar kismat ne saath nahin diya, toh" think, kkg, if lady luck is not with you... he's walked steadily toward her, pushing her to the wall almost...

awful sexual tension, on the surface in him, beneath it in her.

"agar hum haar gaye toh..." she's a little nervous? if i lose...

"agar tum haar gayi toh?" if you lose..? the puma is closing in on the prey.

kkg asr have already taken position, the dance is about to begin. again. and this time it's a smouldering, passionate tango. i want to win you. i want to defeat you.

i want to eat the sunbeam flaring in your lovely body,
the sovereign nose of your arrogant face,
i want to eat the fleeting shade of your lashes,

and i pace around hungry, sniffing the twilight,
hunting for you, for your hot heart,
like a puma in the barrens of quitratue. 
~~~ pablo neruda, sonnet xi ~~~

Edited by indi52 - 10 years ago
Originally posted by supriya.arshi

Thank you all so much for likind nd commentin on my edit...all most every1 one of you commented...a lil thank you in my way πŸ€—

i suck at wordsπŸ˜›...but seriously thts the best line i could come up with πŸ˜†

Title Credit : Cynthia

Episode 159

lovely
Originally posted by indi52

episode 163

the culprits own up. man gets up... looks at all. clenches jaw. notes nk's pally behaviour with khushi. everyone is so happy. he looks at her, something in his eyes...

this something in his eyes was what made the episode count as far i am concerned. otherwise, not much really happening here, just a day on the way to sangeet. of course, there's nk's little thing for khushi, which i feel is practically madatory, expected of him where he comes from, he a jawan ladka, she a jawan good looking babe, both unencumbered, how not to be attracted...

useful too, since it lets more of that "something in the eyes" come on.

and there is too a disgusting interlude with peeping tom shyam, that sick rustic villain attitude, interesting how buaji falls upon him and gives him hell without caring about making a scene outside the house. the same lady who'd called for smelling salts at the sight of a heart with two names on the wall of her house. good for her, maybe even a clear hint to overly cautious middle class parents about keeping quiet where their daughter's names are involved in that "izzat abroo" pill we've all collectively swallowed.

as all rush off, nk is a bit wary of nannav, khushi too... but they walk out, and carry on in conspiratorial vein, while a quiet man watches.

"khushi ji aapka plan successful ho gaya..." khushi joi, your plan is successful.

hi five, and... a very confident khsuhi, "woh toh hona hi tha nahe ji,  aur aise karne se arnav ji apna haar maan hi lenge..." that it had to be and thsi way arnv ji also had to accept defeat...

and as needed, nk is called away... the usual ipk devise. voice off screen.

"haar jeet ki baat itni jaldi?" talking of winning and losing so soon?

the man who loves to win ain't givin' up. and asr with full asr music in attendance, strikes a stance on this whole affair.

speaking of which, have you guys scene this music being used in a pashto drama? between nagin dance and this one, the awards are all taken. please do see at https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/88815903

"aur achha hoga tum iss maun vrat ki aur thodi practice kar lo, kyunki sangeet ki competition main harne ke baad tumharo bolti band hone wali hai, kkg," and practice that silent vrat a bit more because after losing in the sangeet you'll have to shut up anyway.

he walks up to her, for once she stands firms, then turns to walk off, but hand on shoulder... he stops her.

"waise toh tumhari aadat hai, par iss baar competition mein girna mat... main sambhalne nahin aaoonga," though it's a habit of yours, but this time don't fall during the competition, i won't come to save you.

terribly sweet and sexy and of course, he will be there... hamesha.

he turns to go, trips on the carpet. almost falls. she catches him... that whole sambhalna thing which resolves on karwa chauth starts here... who will take care of whom, save whom... she will also always be there. a subtle rabba vey moment seasoned with their little altercation, it's heat.

"aur aap girne say dariyega mat kyunki hum aapko sambhal lenge..." and you don't worryabout falling, because i'll always save you,
because i'm from lucknow where the winner also helps the loser...
good, angry young girl... give it to him.

he just looks at her, a bit disconcerted, possibly stirred in a way he didn't expect by that sudden touch of hers...

he is about to say something and she starts off her "haan haan" predicting the whole conversation... often getting it wrong but who is to stop this express train. he looks on, seems amused, i could have sworn in fact he was.

"jahan pe aapka yeh what the khatam hota hai na, wahan pe humare thumke shuru hotey hain..." where your what the ends, my hip thrusts begins. complete lunatic... and lovely she is, how not to fall madly for her. the poor man.

thrilled with herself she walks off... leaving a hot bothered sexy man behind, determined to vanquish this miss walkie talkie.πŸ˜†

in the living room a smitten nk believes khushi ji can get things done without saying a thing? huh? shyam enters, wearing green, gah... same as akash, what? and kkg in green too, what's up?

"khushi ji aapki kamar kitni lambi hai," khsuhi ji, you waist is so tall, nk in fine hindi.

"how dare you, kkg?" asr in mother tongue english.

he's trying to get a word with her, but the whole fam is on... shyam stalks khushi... "kahan khoye hue" where are you lost, asks his wife. disgusting man continues the stalk.

the natraj ki murti, usually the smugglers heist in hindi movies of the seventies which seems to hold sway over the creators' imagination, makes an appearance. can't figure out why the props girl couldn't find a box it could fit into properly.

anyway, the beautiful lord of dance, the majestic nataraja, nani ji's trophy won at a young age, is declared the prize. khushi who was sitting next to nk while asr seethed at the opposite end, leaps up and does pranams declaring it will be the gupta's soon.
"hello hi bye bye, mind it!" counters mami in contender mode, very rajnikant.

little eyetalk between the the ladd governor and miss jhalli all through. as also shyam's constant lurking around khsuhi, trying to engage her in conversation,... he seems to be raeching some sort of an edge, a littel desperate, almost careless.

khushi leaves, and surprisingly asr follows. he must atlk to her it seems.

"khushi!"

she walks on, oblivious, or pretending to be.

"khushi kitni baar kaha hai tumse when i'm talking to you don't walk away..." that walkkk away. how many times i've told you when i speak don't walk away. again thsi thing, he has something about people turning away or not paying heed when he talks. why i wonder... and why was thsi never explored further?

"chal toi nahin sakte par hum bhag toh sakte hain na," can't walk, but i can run, can't i? she runs... maybe she knows he's reached boiling point. and maybe something i her wants to get burnt too. she must run.

what was he trying to tell her. disconcerted gorgeous man alert.

ek do teen chaar... as kkg and bua ji practice their sangeet dance, someone approaches gh... shyam. he lurks behind pillar spying... a lascivious smile on his face as he indulges his khushi fantasies.
a sense of senseless obsession growing. eeew.

disturbing scene... invasive this spying.

buaji sees shyam smiling mesmerised at the dancing khushi... and takes on the bessaram aadmi. shyam is still speaking of his innate decency. if you repeat a lie many times, it becomes the truth. nicely directed.

in the meantime nk is making love sick blank calls to khushi... and he also wants advise from naanav. so now he has to be nk's love consultant. first akash, now nk, obviously his prowess with women is well known, hyuk. when he picks up the courage to say something, nk talks gibberish and then in frustration disconnects the phone and leaves.

phone, tired gardener, irritated by nk making a play for kkg... phone rings. he picks it up... "hello," off hand.

dancing girl freezes.

loved your take.
 I'm really busy with Ramadan. last ten days are very important. so trying to avoid mundane stuffs. but stay away from IPK is impossible. can't able to give detailed comments, what I usually love to do.

Your take is wonderful as usual. the lines I marked bold grabbed my attention.
you are right, it was more of a filler episode, nothing much happened, except ASR and Khsuhi's convo on the winning and losing topic. 
Can't really tolerate Shyam's presence. When he comes on the screen it disgusts me. how he was ogling Khushi and then surreptitiously watched her, was so heinous! And I think he made the first two blank calls.I wish Arnav would beat him black and blue.😑
Edited by sohara - 10 years ago
^^^

thanks, sohara,

for coming here despite the busy days and your comments. hope these ten days are very good for you... lots of good wishes and the best of ramzan to you.

Thank you all so much for likind nd commentin on my edit...all most every1 one of you commented...a lil thank you in my way πŸ€—

i suck at wordsπŸ˜›...but seriously thts the best line i could come up with πŸ˜†

Episode 159

Sheer beauty, Supriya!

The first one...your lines are lovely and the images are a feast!
The second one, so much fun, each and every image... Him middle left, mouth covered with her hand, meri nazar is stuck there❀️ and Khushi, bottom right, is so so beautiful! And Buaji, the queen of killer adaas! Saakshaat Nandkissore she says in that look! Too fab.

Loved.

Episode-161

Khushi's each words, every actions start and ends with laad governor. To show him how potent they are she is encouraging the Gupta ladies for the jung. Bua gives her full support. But Payal can't support her sister's crazy ideas, as it's the matter with her in laws. Khushi reminds her how she did the nagin dance in some wedding and now she is not even interested for the sangeet battle. Amma also tries to make her understand that they should consider this as rituals only. But our drama queen can't agree to accept it just as a ritual. She says bua,

"agar hello hi bye bye aap ko naak ke niche se haar muqabla jeet ke chale jaye to aap nandkishore ko kya moon dekhayege."

(How will you face your God, if hello hi bye bye, which is mami, wins the competition in front of you.)

" Hai hum to sharm se maar jayenge.( I will die in shame)" bua replies.

"Mariye maat  buaji, Nachiye aapki naandkissore ke yaad karke nachiye.

(don't die buaji, dance, remembering your god.)

Khsuhi pulls her for dance and bua also starts to dance. She is shaking amma to dance as well and does nagin dance in front of  Payal .she is apparently effervescing in excitement. She is going to RM. Bua suggests her to learn all the steps well and teaches her as well.

"Hum sur kat sakta hai, sur jhuka nai sakte, jai devi maiya ki"

( We can cut the head, but we can't bow down our head.)

Khushi and bua seem really getting prepared for a battle. LG told her that she lost and he won; now she has to prove him wrong.

Bua is baffled to see the ripped chair cushion. Payal tries to cover it; she is not aware of it. How can she tell her that Akash ripped it.she tells her that they will fix it. But bua is upset, she had a great loss.πŸ˜†

Anjali is telling nani that madhubala is not coming to teach them dance anymore. She is upset cause everybody changed her steps. Mami is happy that sangeet ka proggamwaka bye bye ho giya, but nani wants to say the sangeet to ai, ai (welcome). She confidently says that she will teach everybody dance. (I'm sure nani is far better than Madhubala)

"sasuma are you suwar (pig)?"

Nani gets frantic that she called her pig! Mami says she meant is she sure. Anjali gets delectable that after a long time nani will dance. She tells mami to join also. But mami doesn't want to do the danceva, cause she is upset with Akash's alliance with Payal. Nani teases her that she doesn't want to participate, cause she can't dance. Mami is admonishing nani to insulut (insult) her publically. She will show them how to dance.

"aisa komariya sek kar debe jo, puri ki pur dharti hela debet hello hi bye bye.

(how will I shake my waist that whole world will be shaken.)

She illustrates her shake as well.

Anjali and nani are smiling to see her over confidence.

Khushi has come to RM. She is telling NK that anybody can dance except the laad governor. phir laad governor, uff Khushi! πŸ€” She is telling him to do some kind of jugalbandi (duet) She sees that a mosquito is flying and buzzing around her. She tires to catch it in her grip by prancing here and there.

"khushiji aap kitna achcha murda bana lete ho.( Khushiji how good corpse you make)"  He thinks she is doing some dance steps.

Khushi still occupied in catching mosquitoes, mends him "mudra". He also starts to emulate khushi She laughs at him. Nk is so besotted by Khushi; she dances so well! He holds her hand and drags her with him to teach him dance. The jealous boy reaches there at the right time. He enrages to see them convivial.

Nk brings Khushi to the pool area and starts doing dancing steps, what Khushi did a while ago. But the mosquito is still bothering Khushi. Her motive is to kill that insect now. She is suggesting NK to have a competition rather to dance together. She is still prancing to catch the mosquito.

"yeh machchar tang kharke rakha mujhe.( this mosquito keeps troubling me)"

NK becomes angry towards the machchar, he is rebuking the machchar to disturb Khushi. When NK realizes that machchar means mosquito, he gets scared. if the mosquito bites him he may have loveria. Khushi mends malaria. NK thinks for a solution. He tells Khushi that he is coming back with mosquito repellant spray in two minutes.

Arnav comes to the pools side and sees Khushi is still prancing and wobbling. he is flummoxed to see her waywardness.

"What are you doing?"

Khushi looks at him, but still seems upset at him. she notices the mosquito what she has been trying for a long time to catch is sitting on his cheek.

"sshhh, chup, bilkul chup"

she is telling him to keep quite by keeping her finger on her lips.

Aap ki bhaleke liye. kuch maat kahi ye, aur hil bhi maat."

(it's for your good, don't talk and don't even move)

"listen you."

He can't complete

"phatak….."

Khushi gives a tight slap on ASR's cheek. Arnav ignites like a spitfire. Flagrant eyes, taut jaw, Arnav is so exasperated that can kill anybody. Khushi feels quagmire beneath. Her tremulous hand slowly is getting down from his cheek.

"machchar, chala gaya, matlab, uud gaya, machchar chal kaise sakte hai. Hai na"

(mosquiti has gone, I mean flew away, how mosquito can walk, right?)

She is so aghast that her voice is trembling in impediment..(sanaya was too brilliant in the scene)

Arnav has become so frantic that starts to move towards her prowlingly. She is stepping back in fear. NK comes back, he is also baffled. Khushi is cowering, trying to defend herself,

"since I came one mosquito is buzzing here and there. So when it sits on your cheek, I" she demonstrates that she slapped him.

'oh, tabito Arnavka laal gaal ho gaya. ( that's why Arnav's cheek reddened)"

Khushi mends, "gaal laal."

Khushi is trying to justify her act that she didn't do it deliberately. The mosquito is still buzzing.

"suna unki bhinbinane ka awaaz. (did you hear the buzz?)"

"shut up"

Gritted teeth, darting eyes, Arnav hollers at Khushi. Poor NK tries to save Khushi.

"it's ok, if the mosquito would bite, you would have loveria."

Khushi mends malariya.

(pause: but NK, you might not know that Arnav already has loveria and the mosquito is no other but Khushi.)

"NK you stay out of this."

Nk again tries to make him understand. He says him grimly to stay out. And tells Khushi tersely to get out of his sight right now. Khushi again tries to say sorry for her faux pas. But he literally tramples her by saying get out. NK also suggests Khushi to leave.

Khushi and NK are scurrying down from the stairs. Nk asks her is she really scared? Anjali also asks her why she is running. Is anybody after her? The slap reverberates in her ears.

"no nothing Anjaliji."

"Nk, what perfume is in your hand?' mami thinks the mosquito repellant spray is a perfume. When NK says it's not a perfume, but mosquito repellant spray, she gets disappointed,

"hello hi",

NK ends her words, "mosquito bye bye."

Anjali asks Khushi what she wanted to tell her. NK also reminds her what she was talking about winning and losing. Khushi says in her delirium state that she wishes all of them to lose in sangeet. Everybody gets flabbergasted to hear this. She meant that win or lose. She suggests to have a pratiyogeeta(competition) in the sangeet.

"ye prat geeta kaaun hai. (who are these prat geeta?)" Nk doesn't understand. Anajali tells him that she talking about dance competition. Khushi tells,

"iss muqable mein, jo jeeta woh sikander jo haara. (in this competition, who will win is sikander and who will lose is"

Nk completes woh hai korus. khushi says no he is Bandar (monkey). Nani also thinks it's a very good idea. She thinks it will be more fun doing competition.

"aisa koi muqabla nahi hogi. (there will be no such competition)"

Khushi gets frightened to hear ASR's voice. She is biting her nails in consternation. ASR's BG music is playing and he comes and stands right in front of Khushi. NK adds fuel in the fire,
" nannav agar competition nahi hogi to kaise pata chalega ki tum Alexander ho ya Bandar."

(nannav, if there is no competition, then how we will know that you are Alexander or monkey?)"

Everybody smile mischievously to hear NK's banter.

"I said there will be no competition." Arnav is invincible.

Anjali tries to defy. But Arnav retorts,
"di you know I don't like loud noise and loud music. it gives me headache."

(pause: we know you only enjoy Khushi's loudness, but nothing else.)

Nani says if they do it outside then? Arnav says they can do it, but he will not be a part. Anjali and Akash try to say something. Nk says him,

'just don't come, we will miss you."

Khushi beckons him not to say such thing. She also can't do anything without her laad governor's participation. Akash is not ready to do sangeet without his brother. Mami is upset if there is no sangeet then how she can prove that the groom side is more powerful! Mama thinks it doesn't feel good if one person is absent from the family's felicitous moments. Akash now strongly says that if his bro thinks then they should omit the idea of sangeet. Arnav thanks Akash but looking at Khushi.

Pause: It means he objected because of Khushi. It's his vengeance against Khushi for her camaraderie with NK.

It's not palpable to Anjali; how he could do this? Nani says that chotey never liked this kind of things. But Anjali retorts back, since so many days the practice was going on , he didn't oppose then. There was sangeet in her wedding, he also didn't oppose. There was dance in Akash's engagement as well and he was absolutely fine with that. And now what happened that he is opposing? The sound of thappad (slap) reverberates in Khushi's ear again. Anjali's words cogitates Khushi. She is sure because of that slap Arnav is objecting the sangeet.

Khushi knocks at Arnav's door in abhorrence. He looks at her to hear the knock.
"arnavji I want to talk to you for two minutes."
"I don't want to, out." He says her peremptorily.

"But I'm already out." She replies back in innocent candor. She continues;

"see if you do it because of the slap."

She starts to cry. Arnav perturbs to see her crying. His anger dissipates. He comes to her and asks softly, 'khushi?'

Khushi says she didn't slap him intentionally. She didn't realize when the mosquito sat on his cheek. He says its alright,

"aab rona band karo. (now stop crying)" He tells her huskily. he can't see tears in her eyes. Khushi asks him it meant he forgave her. He nods yes with a tender smile.

"achcha to hum sangeet rak sakte hai. (so we can have sangeet)"

She asks him with a big glint on her face. He enrages again,

"so it was all your drama?"

Khushi  says, no she is really sorry for the slap.

"Itni. Itni (that much)" he is infuriating, lost his words.

Khushi sees he is exasperating again. His nostrils are flaring with rage.

"get out, before I."

"Before I?"

khushi is now ready to apologize twice. Arnav again tells her to leave. But khushi is adamant,

'ek minute, humarai batti jaal gayi. One minute, my brain is working. I know how to solve this problem. Arnavji I slapped you right? Now you slap me. Then the revenge will fulfill. "

Arnav crosses his arms across his chest, contemplating her.

"humari gaal hai, aapka hath he mariyena thappad. (my cheek is ready for your hand, slap me)"

When she sees he is still not slapping her, she tells him again to give her a slap. she shuts her eyes in anticipation.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ADP718mKTaE[/YOUTUBE]

credit goes to priya

Originally posted by indi52

^^^

thanks, sohara,

for coming here despite the busy days and your comments. hope these ten days are very good for you... lots of good wishes and the best of ramzan to you.

thanks a lot for the good wishes.

Episode 159

Supriya, the first one is spellbinding.   Suits my poem too. 😳  And don't sulk, because you don't suck at words. Those lines are beautiful, infact, purrrfect. πŸ˜‰
The 2nd one is simply awww... Love them both. 😳