Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

Rahat Fateh Ali Khan - Page 7

Bhaskar.T thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
This content was originally posted by: Qwest

late Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan was his uncle.

Here is link for you for few other of his song. 

link for Jiya Dhadhak Dhadhak Jaye

http://www.dishant.com/mailsong/30343.html

Thanks Bobda for the links. Had missed them out somehow. Also thanks for the info on the relation between Nusrat and Rahat Fateh Ali Khan. I had no idea about it.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

advil thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Qwest

late Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan was his uncle.

Here is link for you for few other of his song. 

link for Jiya Dhadhak Dhadhak Jaye

http://www.dishant.com/mailsong/30343.html

Oh Nusrat Fateh Ali was his uncle? I did not know this part.....but his Jiya dhadhak dhadhak...is absolutely....great !!! Thanks dada....

wite_rainbow thumbnail
the song "naina" from omkara is sung by him...i just love the lyrics and his voice does wonders also!
Qwest da if you can find the song add the link to the song...its a must hear for RFAK fans!
Qwest thumbnail

http://www.raaga.com/channels/hindi/artist/Rahat_Fateh_Ali_K han.html

Hindi - Singers - RAHAT FATEH ALI KHAN
Songs in archive: 10

SORT BY: Album Song

</></>  

Paap 

Album: Dance And Romance With John 

Album: Flash Back - Mahesh Bhatt 

Album: Jiya Dhadak Dhadak - Top 12 

Album: Jiya Dhadak Dhadak - Top 12 

Album: Kalyug 

Album: Kalyug 

Album: Musicafe - Just Fall In Love 

Album: Musicafe - Just Fall In Love 

Album: Omkara 

Album: Passion Mix 
SORT BY: Album Song

</></>  

</>Edited by Qwest - 17 years ago
Qwest thumbnail
Song Title Naina Thag Lenge
  Movie Omkara
  Movie Director Vishal Bharadwaj
  Music Director Vishal Bharadwaj
  Singers RAHAT FATEH ALI KHAN

Lyrics

nainon ki mat maaniyo re
nainon ki mat suniyo
nainon ki mat maaniyo re
nainon ki mat suniyo
nainon ki mat suniyo re
naina thag lenge - 2 thag lenge naina thag lenge
naina thag lenge thag lenge naina thag lenge
jagte jaadu phukenge re jagte jagte jaadu
jagte jaadu phukenge re neenden banjar kar denge
naina thag lenge thag lenge naina thag lenge
nainon ki mat maaniyo re

bhala manda dekhe na paraya na saga re
nainon ko toh dasne ka chaska laga re
bhala manda dekhe na paraya na saga re
nainon ko toh dasne ka chaska laga re
nainon ka zehar nasheela re - 4
baadalon mein satrangiyan bonve
bhor talak barsaave
baadalon mein satrangiyan bonve
naina baanvra kar denge
naina thag lenge thag lenge naina thag lenge -2

naina raat ko chalte chalte swargan mein le jaave
megh malhaar ke sapne dije hariyali dikhlave
naina raat ko chalte chalte swargan mein le jaave
megh malhaar ke sapne dije hariyali dikhlave
nainon ki zubaan pe bharosa nahi aata
likhad parakh na rasid na khaata
nainon ki zubaan pe bharosa nahi aata
likhad parakh na rasid na khaata
saari baat hamari - 2
bin baadal barsaaye saawan saawan bin barsaata
bin baadal barsaaye saawan naina baanwara kar denge
nainon ki mat maaniyo re
nainon ki mat suniyo
nainon ki mat suniyo re
naina thag lenge
jagte jaadu phukenge re jagte jagte jaadu
jagte jaadu phukenge re neenden banjar kar denge
naina thag lenge thag lenge naina thag lenge -2
naina

Edited by Qwest - 17 years ago
wite_rainbow thumbnail
thx qwest da...this is one of my favourite songs by him
Qwest thumbnail
For music RANA SIDDIQUI
Ustad Rahat Fateh Ali Khan on his journey to the hearts of his fans.

I would bunk classes on the pretext of practice
PHOTO: V. SUDERSHAN

WELL-LOVED Rahat Fateh Ali Khan.
'I am like a beloved child in Pakistan. I get stones thrown at me when I sing in films, but am hugged and blessed when I render sufiana qawwali. So, I am punished and forgiven according to what I sing,' says Rahat Fateh Ali Khan, the nephew of famed Pakistani sufiana qawwal, the late Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan. This 34-year-old singer, who prefers to be known as a sufiana qawwal, had the whole of India swinging to his "Lagi tumse lagi lagan" in Pooja Bhatt's film "Paap". The song also marked his entry in Hindi film singing. His melody continued to mesmerise all with "Tuje dekh dekh sona", from "Kalyug", "Naina thag lenge" from "Omkara" and more. First song Such is his love for Hindi film music that it seems symbolic that the first song he played on his keyboard at the age of 16 was "Main teri dushman" from "Nagina". "That was my first step to success," Khan recalls nostalgically. A soft-spoken Khan, who recently performed at New Delhi's Shri Ram Centre — courtesy Routes to Root, an NGO dedicated to fostering India-Pakistan ties through literary and cultural events, the Indian Council for Cultural Relations and the Indian Women's Press Corps — loves to talk about his school and college days, his uncle (taya) Nusrat, and how he would bunk classes for the love of music. "When I was seven, I developed a penchant for music. I told my parents I wouldn't go to school but learn music under uncle's guidance. My father wasn't that keen. He ordered me to finish college first. In school, I learnt to win over students by teaching them the tabla. I became a member of the 'tarana party' and would escape classes on the pretext of practice!" Khan says mischievously. Great moment It was in 1985 that his uncle took him to England for a concert and made him sit on the dais to learn to perform. "I was in class five then. When Khan saab stopped for breath in between, I picked up the 'turn'. Khan saab was amazed. He hugged me after the concert and told my father, 'he is ready to take our legacy further'. That was the happiest moment of my life. By the time I reached class 12, I had started singing very well. I would look for excuses to run away from college. My abba said, 'Lagta hai ab ye nahin padega'." He was right. Khan took to music full-time after that. "In our khandan, singing came from the Dagar family. We boast 900 people carrying on the sufiana qawwali legacy in the emperor Mohammad Ghaznawi's court. Our's was called 'Qawwal bachchon ka gharana'. Today when we are able to touch the actual sufiana sur, tears come out. Unfortunately, today no one renders real sufiana kalam. There are no listeners either. Ameer Khusrau's actual bandish, sama and rasam, etc. have never been rendered. That is in Persian and hardly two lakh people in Pakistan understand Persian. It has been abolished from schools too," regrets Khan.

But Khan has taken the responsibility of singing these and promises to come out with an album within two years. For now, he has a few Hindi films in hand, including an item song! The item song "Tere ishq me ranjha" is from Sanjay Gupta's film "Woodstock Villa". Anand Raj Anand has scored the music. Yashraj Films' "Jhoom Barabar", a sad song for "Namaste London" and a romantic one for Sanjay Chauhan's "Lahore", are others in his kitty.

Sur_Sangam thumbnail
Thanks a lot Qwest bhai for this wonderful thread 👏
Qwest thumbnail

Rahat Fateh Ali to perform in India

ISLAMABAD: Rahat Fateh Ali Khan, the nephew of music legend Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, has reached New Delhi, where he will perform in a concert. "I am glad that I will be performing to the audience that understands classical music," Rahat told reporters at a press conference in New Delhi. Considered one of the foremost among the exponents of 'Khayal Gayaki', both in India and Pakistan, Rahat is credited with preserving and developing the musical legacy of his great uncle.

The concert is being organised by the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) in association with the Indian Women's Press Corps (IWPC). Speaking about the event Pawan Verma, the ICCR director general, said, "Rahat is a great artist and the kind of music that he is heir to is very important for the subcontinent." Talking about the relations between the two countries, Rahat said, "The people of India and Pakistan should not concentrate on what separates them, rather they should think more about what is common among them and try to strengthen it." app

*dolly* thumbnail
Title : Mann Ki Lagan - Rahat Fateh Ali Khan
Singer : Rahat Fateh Ali Khan
Album : A Night In Bombay

http://www.savefile.com/files/454313

Edited by Chalavanth - 17 years ago