Page 2 of 9

Page 1
Page   of 9
Page 3 Page 9

MNMS

Goldie

MNMS

Posted: 10 August 2006 at 6:33am | IP Logged
Thanks SolidSnake.Smile..At least now im ready (after recovering from the shockLOL rather it was a plesant oneWink)

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "~ Debator of the week ~ *MNMS* (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

MNMS

Goldie

MNMS

Posted: 10 August 2006 at 7:44am | IP Logged

First of all thanks you Sowmyaa diEmbarrassed Hug  here are the answersTongue:

Originally posted by sowmyaa

my first set-

1. where do you prefer to live S. arabia or Pakistan? why? Hmm..Tough question i am faced every time i visit Pakistan(ppl ask this a lotTongue). Well to say that S. A is my 2nd home is absolutely true.. im more of habitual of the lifestyle here Whereas in Pakistan u live differently.. im talking about the people behaviour. People are very friendly in Pak but To tell u the truth, Women are more free in terms of society perceptions than in Pakistan. Here women have jumped into so many faculties and in Pakistan too. But I guess In South Asian societies there is more "pointing at the woman in different aspects" than here. Where as in SA people don't point fingers. On a personal level my sisters are in Pakistan.. so i Love to visit Pak !! This isn't a biased opinion but in general wht i got to learn through my visits to Pakistan. So it is living in S. ASmile 

2. what language do you speak at home? Urdu, Punjabi (my parents) and English (sometimes .. when im talking to papa in a discussion)

3. what is ur fav. subject at school? At school in 10th grade, it was Maths and Physics, Biology too (becoz of my teacher). Add up urdu becoz i used to top in that (though i didn't like the poetry of meer-taqi-meer and to do that explanationsTongue)

4. who live in ur family right now? Me and my parentsSmile
5. what countries have u visited? Only Pakistan.. Though we were thinking of visiting Lebanon or Egypt this year.. Thank GOD the plan wasn't materialized due to busy days.

6. you story ana- are you one of the character in the story? Ahh well.. Anny.. that naive girl..LOL (im remembering one of my friends telling me that she also relates to Anny Wink).. U can find traces of Maryam in Anny.. but not too much.. actually she represents the "set of girls" i have seen. due to pressure for the past 20 days i couldn't work on the story.. but there are more shades to Anny than just being wht she is at the moment!Wink (I am not letting that out .. Trade secret!!LOLLOL)

7. what does your siggy mean? and what language is that?  It is african language "Swahili".. and i have taken it from the chant of "Rafiki" in "The Lion King"LOL
Asante Saana      - Thank you very much
Squash Banana!  - Squash Banana
Wewe Nugu         - U r a Baboon
Mimi Apana!!        - And i am NOT !!LOL

for now this is enough. will come back again Tongue ME in COMMANDO position- Har dum tayyar JawanTongueLOL

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 10 August 2006 at 7:52am | IP Logged
Way to go Maryam !!Thumbs Up I love your confidence in your self. And i must say your reserach and coordination for DC-III  has impressed me like anything. ClapClapClap

Your opinion on the following :

1) Pro choice or Pro life
2) Gay Marriages
3) Human rights for Osama Bin Laden and other top level terrorists
4) Al- ja zeera or CNN
5) Coke or milk
6)communism or capitalism
7) hot drinks or cold drinks
8)U.S or Europe
9) snow or sand
10) cartoons or comedies

Will be back with more .Smile

Groovychick

IF-Rockerz

Groovychick

Posted: 10 August 2006 at 7:57am | IP Logged
hey maryam Tongue
i read ur debates quite frequently in DM and i think they're quite interesting..keep up the great work Embarrassed Tongue Clap
i never really post in i-f.in..but i think your story is greatSmileand it has a lot of depth to it too..

oo..swahilli..i always wonder what my dad says when he talks in that languageCryLOL

have a gr8 week as DOTW Big smile

Tina xx

MNMS

Goldie

MNMS

Posted: 10 August 2006 at 8:11am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Aparna_BD

Way to go Maryam !!Thumbs Up I love your confidence in your self. And i must say your reserach and coordination for DC-III  has impressed me like anything. ClapClapClap

---------Thanks di *hug*

Your opinion on the following :

1) Pro choice or Pro life --------  Pro choice.. I like to lead my life making my own choices .. Life without choices.. no.. i remember the pharase "Sher (lion) ki 1 day ki zindagi geedar ki 100 saaala zindagi se behtar hai" ..

2) Gay Marriages   ----- a big NO NO ..

3) Human rights for Osama Bin Laden and other top level terrorists---- I didn't get ur question... human rights..they are not caught *confused smiley* (Smileys not working *Crying smiley*)

4) Al- ja zeera or CNN ----- BBC comes here.. i go for both.. i get all over opinion ( i can't understand Arabic that much.. but somewht get the essence of it )

5) Coke or milk ----- milk... i boycotted the Coke .. becoz of doctors (sigh!!)

6)communism or capitalism--- Capitalism.... Or i'll go for Mixed economy(govt in charge but allows other systems to work as systems should work on their own) as it is the best.. no only "One" system" is appropriate!

7) hot drinks or cold drinks-- Hot milk shakes and Cold coffee, Yummy!!

8)U.S or Europe --- Europe.. .. vast europe with different cultures.. different places!

9) snow or sand---Snow.. it is beautiful at the "Snow world" (A place where u can play with snow . here ..  *he he*)

10) cartoons or comedies--------CARTOONS .. all the way... *Big smile*

Will be back with more .Smile

Edited by MNMS - 11 August 2006 at 8:02am

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 10 August 2006 at 8:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by MNMS

1) Pro choice or Pro life --------  Pro choice.. I like to lead my life making my own choices .. Life without choices.. no.. i remember the pharase "Sher (lion) ki 1 day ki zindagi geedar ki 100 saaala zindagi se behtar hai" ..

3) Human rights for Osama Bin Laden and other top level terrorists---- I didn't get ur question... human rights..they are not caught *confused smiley* (Smileys not working *Crying smiley*)

Pro life/ Pro choice i am reffering to the abortion debate. Pro life are anti abortion and thus pro life .While in favour of abortion means pro choice.

and Human rights for terrorists like Osama- We have those people who demand that even the terrorists like Osama shouldn't be denied any human rights and be treated humanly. So if Osama is caught does he deserve to be treated humanly ?

*Hugs* and *Love* and * Kisses* 2 u now i am *Laughing *

oopps i forgot my smiley was still working *hehe*

Morgoth

IF-Veteran Member

Morgoth

--

Posted: 10 August 2006 at 8:37am | IP Logged
Ok, here I come! LOL Questions will be like KBC - they will get stranger as I go on Evil Smile

1) What/Who is your Favourite...

Colour:
Movie:
Book:
Food:
Drink:
Dessert:
Actor:
Actress:

2) Pick one out of the 2 given choices and state why:

Simba or Mufasa

Ice cream or Cake

Shawarma or Shish taouk

Himmy or Himesh Tongue

Black or White

Optimist or Pessimist

"Devi" or "Deva" Wink

Accounting or Physics

Uncle or Aunty

3) Write a parody of any Hindi song - (2 stanzas minimum)

4) You go to JJ Centre and you find Himesh performing with Lata, "Devi" and "Deva". They are singing one of Himmy Bhai's super duper hits - Tera Suroor. What will your reaction be?

5) Complete these sentences:

Life is...

I hate...

I love...

When people tell me I'm wrong...

If I get a love letter from Johny Lever...

6) MATHS! You didn't think I would forget maths, did you? Wink

Please complete these equations with one word or emoticon:

Maryam + _______ = Heart
Mirchi + Chocolate cake = _________
Embarrassed - ______ = Dead
Song - Melody + rhythm = _________

Now a complex equation:

(Simba + Rafiki - Pumba)* Jhalak Dikhlaaja = ______________

Thats it for now... Tongue

MNMS

Goldie

MNMS

Posted: 10 August 2006 at 9:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Aparna_BD

Originally posted by MNMS

Pro life/ Pro choice i am reffering to the abortion debate. Pro life are anti abortion and thus pro life .While in favour of abortion means pro choice.

------------------ Ok.. fine.. i misinterpreted Embarrassed I am anti abortion person... But in certain circumstances it is inevitable.. like rape..or some horrible disease.. or the mother is at risk! Only then.. otherwise abortion is killing a life, for which u have chosen to be responsible even if u weren't prepared! It is sure God's creation and people have no right to kill an unborn speechless person.

and Human rights for terrorists like Osama- We have those people who demand that even the terrorists like Osama shouldn't be denied any human rights and be treated humanly. So if Osama is caught does he deserve to be treated humanly ?

-------------- Very controversial topic... well i am a fully law believer person. If Osama is ever caught.. i would 100% go for the procecution procedure. Then whatever the International law suggests, go for it. Even in Islam innocent killings are strcitly prohibited and there is so much punishment on that in Hereafter.  

*Hugs* and *Love* and * Kisses* 2 u now i am *Laughing *

--------well i have recently learnt the written smileys..Hug HeartLOLEmbarrassed  hope they work (but bold letters aren't working Cry)

oopps i forgot my smiley was still working *hehe* ............ LOL

Edited by MNMS - 11 August 2006 at 8:01am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top