Bani - Ishq Da Kalma

What I didnt like about today's epi (July19)

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

-Dynamite-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Dynamite-

Posted: 19 July 2013 at 2:11pm | IP Logged
Hi,

This is my first time posting anything in this forum. I watched Bani for a couple weeks when it first came out but I lost interest so I stopped. Recently I started watching Bani again. After that major twist (the weddings), Bani captured my interest again. 

I noticed no one really talked about this religious issue so I thought I should make a post about it. I'm always happy to see religion incorporated in serials but it's disappointing when it is not portrayed the right way. 

In today's episode, when Bani was distributing the prashad to the rest of her in-laws (after giving it to her mother-in-law), none of them had their head covered. When one takes prashad in Sikhism, their heads should be covered and should take the prashad with two hands joined together (this part they did which I'm glad they at least they got this part right). 

Some of you may think this is a small issue I'm complaining about, but my point is if religion is shown, then show it the right way out of respect. Some people may not know anything about the religion being shown; one of the reasons a person may be watching the serial is to learn something about the religious backdrop. That's one of the reasons why I watch Qubool Hai (besides for the cast and story), I don't know much about Islam so I enjoy learning new things through the show. 

Anyways, feel free to share your views Smile

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

mini19abhipriyaNosh25HareKrsna108gapgirlbeingloved-Hima-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "What I didnt like about today's epi (July19)" in Bani - Ishq Da Kalma forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

HareKrsna108

HareKrsna108

Posted: 19 July 2013 at 5:07pm | IP Logged
Nicely said Big smile

I think serials have a great impact on individuals so it always good to know that they depicting properly Smile

Those who are honoring prasadam, accepting the remnants of food offered to the Deity, must always remember that prasadam is not ordinary food. Prasadam is transcendental.
CC Madhya 11.209, Translation and Purport

They ate all kinds of cakes and sweet rice, filling themselves up to their throats, and at intervals they vibrated the holy name of the Lord in great jubilation.

It is the practice of Vaisnavas while taking prasadam to chant the holy name of Lord Hari at intervals and also sing various songs, such as sarira avidya-jala. Those who are honoring prasadam, accepting the remnants of food offered to the Deity, must always remember that prasadam is not ordinary food. Prasadam is transcendental. We are therefore reminded:

maha-prasade govinde nama-brahmani vaisnave
sv-alpa-punya-vatam rajan visvaso naiva jayate

Those who are not pious cannot understand the value of maha-prasadam or the holy name of the Lord. Both prasadam and the Lord's name are on the Brahman platform, or spiritual platform. One should never consider prasadam to be like ordinary hotel cooking. Nor should one touch any kind of food not offered to the Deity. Every Vaisnava strictly follows this principle and does not accept any food that is not prasadam. One should take prasadam with great faith and should chant the holy name of the Lord and worship the Deity in the temple, always remembering that the Deity, maha-prasadam and the holy name do not belong to the mundane platform. By worshiping the Deity, eating prasadam and chanting the Hare Krsna maha-mantra, one can always remain on the spiritual platform (brahma-bhuyaya kalpate (BG 14.26)).

Edited by HareKrsna108 - 20 July 2013 at 6:47am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Dynamite-

-Dynamite-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Dynamite-

Posted: 19 July 2013 at 6:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by HareKrsna108

Nicely said Big smile

I think serials have a great impact on individuals so it always good to know that they depicting properly Smile

awww thank you Smile & Yes exactly Smile 

HareKrsna108

kritikakk

kritikakk

Posted: 20 July 2013 at 5:26am | IP Logged
i agree with u, any show based on any culture, its very important d PH n CVs do proper research on that culture, its practise, religion n all its customs n traditions!

this shld be done to show their respect to that particular culture by depicting every aspect of it correctly, but it also become like a tribute to that culture!

enlightening the viewers of that culture and its practises is an added bonus!

im not punjabi, so i dnt know what they show is right or not, but i wld assume what they show is right

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

HareKrsna108-Dynamite-

dipi.15

Goldie

dipi.15

Posted: 20 July 2013 at 8:37am | IP Logged
See its right what u said, but not completely
I'm a punjabi girl, and yes we cover our head while taking prashad in gurudwara or after completing our paath, but what matter is that place and the situation
I can't describe the whole thing here, but in simple words, like I said in gurudwara or after doing paath or say pooja, whoever is present at that time like bani & her mom IL were present , they must have cover their head, but rest of her in laws were not there, they need not to be cover their heads, becs it is a simple distribution that we also do, and that too need to be received by both hands, just like they did.
but yes they must have cover their heads if they also were present with bani & her MIL at that place.

P.S: It wasn;t meant to hurt any1, but it is a normal routine that me & my family regulary do, whoever is not present at paath time, we personaly distribute prashad to them & they just have to recieve it by both hands Smile

VintageWine

Kashish_kr

Groupbie

Kashish_kr

Posted: 20 July 2013 at 9:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by dipi.15

I'm a punjabi girl, and yes we cover our head while taking prashad in gurudwara or after completing our paath, but what matter is that place and the situation
I can't describe the whole thing here, but in simple words, like I said in gurudwara or after doing paath or say pooja, whoever is present at that time like bani & her mom IL were present , they must have cover their head, but rest of her in laws were not there, they need not to be cover their heads, becs it is a simple distribution that we also do, and that too need to be received by both hands, just like they did.
but yes they must have cover their heads if they also were present with bani & her MIL at that place.

P.S: It wasn;t meant to hurt any1, but it is a normal routine that me & my family regulary do, whoever is not present at paath time, we personaly distribute prashad to them & they just have to recieve it by both handsSmile

I don't agree with you on this one. Prasad must be taken with head covered only.

HareKrsna108

HareKrsna108

Posted: 20 July 2013 at 11:58pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by dipi.15

P.S: It wasn;t meant to hurt any1, but it is a normal routine that me & my family regulary do, whoever is not present at paath time, we personaly distribute prashad to them & they just have to recieve it by both hands Smile

Hi Dipi!

I appreciate your thoughts.  You did not offend anyone and i also wish that i do not.

But we believe that prasadam is equal to God, so we give it the same respect given to God. So if we cover our heads while praying, then we should do the same with prasadam which is the mercy of God.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

dipi.15-Dynamite-

-Dynamite-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Dynamite-

Posted: 21 July 2013 at 9:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by HareKrsna108

Nicely said Big smile

Those who are honoring prasadam, accepting the remnants of food offered to the Deity, must always remember that prasadam is not ordinary food. Prasadam is transcendental.
CC Madhya 11.209, Translation and Purport

They ate all kinds of cakes and sweet rice, filling themselves up to their throats, and at intervals they vibrated the holy name of the Lord in great jubilation.

It is the practice of Vaisnavas while taking prasadam to chant the holy name of Lord Hari at intervals and also sing various songs, such as sarira avidya-jala. Those who are honoring prasadam, accepting the remnants of food offered to the Deity, must always remember that prasadam is not ordinary food. Prasadam is transcendental. We are therefore reminded:

maha-prasade govinde nama-brahmani vaisnave
sv-alpa-punya-vatam rajan visvaso naiva jayate

Those who are not pious cannot understand the value of maha-prasadam or the holy name of the Lord. Both prasadam and the Lord's name are on the Brahman platform, or spiritual platform. One should never consider prasadam to be like ordinary hotel cooking. Nor should one touch any kind of food not offered to the Deity. Every Vaisnava strictly follows this principle and does not accept any food that is not prasadam. One should take prasadam with great faith and should chant the holy name of the Lord and worship the Deity in the temple, always remembering that the Deity, maha-prasadam and the holy name do not belong to the mundane platform. By worshiping the Deity, eating prasadam and chanting the Hare Krsna maha-mantra, one can always remain on the spiritual platform (brahma-bhuyaya kalpate (BG 14.26)).

TFS that link Smile

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.