Saraswatichandra

Crisp Bytes SC - 16th July 13 - Page 7

smrth thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
This content was originally posted by: arshicritic

Thanks for pointing that out smrth,

we were hasty in passing judgement , great obs from you on that!

, I missed that, posted on CB and so am guilty of starting the chain !!!

But logic ki vaat phir bhi!

No arshi, many have got the same impression...not your behest...and logic ki Vaat is definitely there...he estimates volumetric flow rate for a river in seconds!πŸ˜† Also, not even a fool would insert such blatant exaggeration (100 crs) so openly- that was exaggeration.
Edited by smrth - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ShanUlas thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: smrth

No arshi, many have got the same impression...not your behest...and logic ki Vaat is definitely there...he estimates volumetric flow rate for a river in seconds!πŸ˜† Also, not even a fool would insert such blatant exaggeration (100 crs) so openly- that was exaggeration.

u never know smirth ..if that damaadji can be so fool enough to exaggerate ...he may be fool enough to mention  the estimates volumetric flow rate for a river on paper itself πŸ˜†
*Reemz* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
I wonder when we will hear 'Zidd thi yeh tumhe, ke hum bhi kuch kahe...humein yeh gila tha ke tum chup rahe'
ShanUlas thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: *Reemz*

I wonder when we will hear 'Zidd thi yeh tumhe, ke hum bhi kuch kahe...humein yeh gila tha ke tum chup rahe'

sure it will play by next monday i think or may be this friday..when they come face to face...God that will be a moment to cherish
pasumarthisa thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: smrth

Arshi,

Would have refrained on this, but seeing so many references,i am pointing this...though whole dam project in the house of an incumbent/would be Mayor is rubbish, but Cvs are not guilty of  'instant estimate' from Saras:

Vidur (SIL)  said, " Dam project cost with construction is coming to 67 Crs. Add inflation cost '10%' and it comes '100 crd'.

Saras heard this and he merely corrected- at 10% of 67 Crs ,adjusted cost would be 67+6.7 = 73.7 crores. It's a simple mental maths.- no 'exaggeration'. For Saras is correcting only 'pilferage' part that Vidur was trying to shove through. 67 were a ready figure for him- not an instant estimation.

I was about to write this and went to see if anyone else pointed this out. This was simple mental math that he could do by hearing those numbers.

hotdogg thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
arshi..

so our theory working out...kumud learning to be a beta and saras learning to be an alpha (he was almost cocky when he went through the blueprints).

also Iviewer will be happy...cause kumud behaved like a beta when she spoke to her parents but exactly like an alpha when she confronted pramad...

Despite their love for each other...not explicitly mentioned to each other by each other after saras telephone call...now both feel that they have burnt their bridges and have their backs to the wall / there is no other option... and that is forcing them to move out of their comfort zones (inherent natures) in order to deal with the situations they find themselves...so their journey of maturity has started..

BD, Alak & her hubby...reminds me so much of the relationship between Nehru, Indira Gandhi & Feroze Gandhi...

So story is now following the novel without major variations...saras becomes naveen, the young devar (who screws up saras-kumud marriage in the end) intoduced, kusum getting prominence, alak & saras, kalika (the one who will expose saras-kumud at sometime)...

let's see what the future holds..

mandygill thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: hotdogg

arshi..

so our theory working out...kumud learning to be a beta and saras learning to be an alpha (he was almost cocky when he went through the blueprints).

also Iviewer will be happy...cause kumud behaved like a beta when she spoke to her parents but exactly like an alpha when she confronted pramad...

Despite their love for each other...not explicitly mentioned to each other by each other after saras telephone call...now both feel that they have burnt their bridges and have their backs to the wall / there is no other option... and that is forcing them to move out of their comfort zones (inherent natures) in order to deal with the situations they find themselves...so their journey of maturity has started..

BD, Alak & her hubby...reminds me so much of the relationship between Nehru, Indira Gandhi & Feroze Gandhi...

So story is now following the novel without major variations...saras becomes naveen, the young devar (who screws up saras-kumud marriage in the end) intoduced, kusum getting prominence, alak & saras, kalika (the one who will expose saras-kumud at sometime)...

let's see what the future holds..

i completely agree that the story is now following the novel, and thanks for reminding me the importance of the young devar, it will be because of him that she will refuse to marry saras, she will later take the responsibility of his upbringing when pramad dies..and arshi, what an amazing post with so apt shayari as usual!
mandygill thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: shana0127

sure it will play by next monday i think or may be this friday..when they come face to face...God that will be a moment to cherish

shana, i am also waiting for that moment😳
-Ivy- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Arshi ji, beautiful, beautiful, beautifully broken lines today esp re: Saras - Kumud!... Courtesy of your song selections, I'm building up an SC playlist... Not for easy listening, but it definitely sets the mood πŸ˜³ Loved the way you contrasted the two "marriages" on offer, extreme ends of the spectrum they are... feel that these days SC is all about contrast... In these "environment setting" episodes, we cannot help but compare the littlest of things... Not only the characters (Saras-Kumud) but even us, the viewers are becoming acclimatized... We resist, but then we comply... Because resisting may display proactive-ness but its at the end counter-productive, & channel toh hum change karne wale nahi... So we put our faith in the CV's and watch on, but our heart skips a beat only when the focus shifts to Saras - Kumud, or to the Desai's... Because them we know. And love.  For the Dhan's, hamara rishta unnse hamari marzi ke khilaf joda gaya hai... Resentment and extreme critique toh banta hi hai! πŸ˜†

Allow me to digress a bit: Referring to the previous CB, I entirely second you, Arshi... Names are v crucial, smrth bhai... And meri hindi bahut hi kamzor hai... I can write hindi words, in english, but my diction is laughable... I find it hard to understand as well... So consider this an open invitation to correct, at any time πŸ˜³ First question, thus: Is it Dukh ba... Or Dugba? Also does the baby BIL have a name yet? And yes, Kalika it is, thank you Aanshul Trivedi for being slow and precise with the name. 

Coming to the epi... The environment setting and pawn placement continues... But well-balanced today with romance, drama, comedy (what passes for it), intrigue and emotion (first-class!)

First off, Jennifer Winget, for the maiika phonecall sequence... *standing-frickin-ovation*

What I loved about Kumud's contact with S feet and Saras eating the dalia (?) prepared by K, was the subtleness of realisation, infuriating for us impatient viewers, but very well done... The emotional tufaan of the past few days have totally thrown Saras and Kumud off course... Any reminiscences thus are shrouded with suspicion, bordering on hope against hope... Like a wisp of smoke it engulfs 'em, but before they can grasp it disintegrates (as a wisp does)... To broaden the optic a bit, I applaud SC's soft and subtle aesthetics and techniques... There is nothing in-your-face about 'em, the background score is so evocative, it is a delight, plus flashbacks are used sparingly and to great effect/affect... This makes it something v different to watch. WIth this tho, the onus falls on the actors to emote, enact and convey the smallest of nuances, and here they do it unfailingly too πŸ‘

Hmmm... Lil devar as Cupid... Too early to call on that, for me, but HUGE brownie points to him for bringing a real-wala-smile upon Kumud's face... He is a cadbury chocolate box for sure and I would not mind him getting more screenspace... Than that donkeyass damadji and the stupidass cook! Will not go into the damadji's half-baked intro sequence at all... And that estimation... Mathematics escapes me... Can't even manage simple equations... What are calculators for, I maintain... πŸ˜† The only thing salvageable about those excruciating minutes was the sheer joy of seeing Saras back on his feet and in full control of all his faculties... Name change happens, but for practicality purposes... In the heat-of-the-moment, that seemed believable on Saras' part... Also the pedestrianess of the characters in the sasuraal highlights the contrast of the two worlds real well, there was something honest, simple and sound about Vidyachatur doing his Kharkhana hisaab with his daughters... Or something still palatable about Saras and Laxminandan dreaming bigger than big.. Here, there is family too, but the charm is missing... Even without agenda's on the table, the whole process would have seemed tainted anyhow... Saras and Kumud, they don't belong in this world. And us viewers of SC, we don't either. Left me longing bad for Ratnagiri and... even Dubai! =(

The ending part with obstructions "wedding gifts" indeed, revealed quite a lot... It spelled out the "parties" once more... Her marriage is, on an obvious level, what stands between Saras and Kumud. But what about the people standing with them? Are they going to be whole-hearted allies, or are they going to be the equations holding them back? Left me confused... Alak is really proving to be a hard read... Her obvious contempt for her husband, her position as heir-apparent, and yet she is the only pawn refusing to move into place... Her alignment with Saras, and her still hedging bets on Kumud... Can go either way. Would love to see her interactions with Pramad... Strictly out of curiosity. 

Pramad... Kalika, does not even deserve a mention. Btw, her takiya-kalam, "girr gaye sone ke bhav" can someone be kind enough to explain that? πŸ˜³ Loved J's expressions, her dissaproval and disgust for the Pramad-Kalika connect came through really well... This untoward intimacy goes against all the principles, values and ethics instilled in Kumud and she will not stand for it, because her nature, her ego (healthy-wala) will not let her... But this also begs the question, for how long? 

The phonecall sequence... Hmmm, so Kusum is already taking Kumud's place. But not in the hearts and affections of the family... Kumud still remains the centre, whether she is still there or not. Here, I could not help but recall the mock-skype sequence with the Vyas' =(... Also it is still evident that the Desai's are desperately grappling for the barest of hope that they have indeed made the right choice in Pramad... And with "bahut acche hai, maa" Kumud handed them just that... It is a two-way-street... They are deriving their strength and conviction from her... And she fortifies herself, for any hell, for them, from their love... But you could see from Guniyal's expressions... Fear and doubt still lurks and one validation will not be enough (or so I hope)... But SHE LIES... Alpha becomes Beta... Then "Main wapas jaane ke liye nahi aayi hoon" (brilliant expression and delivery, J!) and Beta becomes Alpha... Go Kumud!! Ab huyi na asal mein Nayi Soch... Not to mention keeping consistent to the character traits. Pramad has a temper... I wanna see how he behaves around mommy dearest, who seems to believe that the sun shines out of his every orifice... 

All in all, a gripping episode, but the comedy failed to pass muster... Alak has become another Kusum, and Kumud, I hope she alternates between Alpha and Beta, as per appalling circumstance requirement... I do not condone her lying to her folks but she could not do otherwise either... She's up against a wall here, but she is still on her feet, not wallowing in pity... Big thumbs-up to the CV's... Gautam was effective today in whatever he got, but Jennifer Winget, she stole the show!! πŸ‘

Edited by IdiotViewer - 10 years ago
SahirsBeard thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Hi all! I've been quite busy and haven't watched the episode... but it seems like I've gotten the gist of it from Arshi's brilliant–as per usual– synthesis fo events, and every other adequate participants penned thoughts! πŸ‘

I have something I would like to share actually, in the next post, and apologize beforehand for sticking out like a sore thumb with my announcement amidst this lovely ongoing discussion! πŸ˜³ πŸ˜•