Shashank Vyas AT 7 : The perfect creation of God

Posted: 10 years ago

Welcome  Bvians to the Appreciation Thread of one the most handsome and talented young actors Indian Television  is blessed with , Shashank Vyas , whom we all appreciate and love  for his brilliant portrayal of  character Jagdish/ Jagaya  If you are a fan of this really wonderful actor and above that wonderful person, you are more than welcome to join this appreciation thread 

https://dl8.glitter-graphics.net/pub/189/189808ta3ean2m9r.gif
Edited by -Swetha- - 10 years ago

Standing six feet one inch tall , with stunning good looks, Shashank( we call him Shanky😳) was born on 30th November in Ujjain in a typical middle class family. The young Ujjain boy was always fond of acting  but he never considered to take it  as a profession  On encouragement of a friend he came in Mumbai in 2009 to try his luck in acting   His stay in Mumbai was full of struggles His friend left him in the lurch  by not answering his calls after he got off at Dadar station. He stayed at a gurudwara in Andheri , where beds were provided on a first-come-first-serve basis. That meant many sleepless nights for him   He joined Anupum Kher's acting acadmey to learn acting from there  A month later he shifted in Mumbai his dear mother passed away and he had to go back to his home town to attend her funeral In between he was discouraged not to pursue acting but then  remembering his mother's wishes he decided to pursue what he started He returned to Mumbai and started struggling to make his place in glittering showbiz world  His struggle comprises  of 275 auditions in  18 months.  He managed to get modelling assignments and some cameo roles a  one-day cameo in Sony TV's Rishta.com, and in Farah Khan's film Tees Maar Khan To Shashank all these assignments are dearer to him as they helped him earn his bread in tough time in  Mumbai  

Finally in mid 2010 his hard work paid off when he was selected to play the lead male protagonist Jagdish Bhairo Singh /Jagaya in Colors TV's most popular show Balika Vadhu when show took leap of 5 years .Shashank entered  in show on 26th July 2010 .With his good looks and sweet , cute , naughty nature in his character as well as in real it doesnt took him much time to become new heartthrob in Indian telly world . But as soon as Jagaya's character began to shape up Shashank proved to viewers he is not just only a good looking boy but besides he is also a very talented actor. Jagaya's character carried many twists and turns and Shashank has been through out praised by critics and viewers alike for flawlessly playing all shades  of his character so well

Shashank has been nomiated for many awards and  won Best  Male Debutant at Global Indian Film and TV Honors in 2011. In 2012 he was honored at colors Golden Petal Awards for Best character portrayal  Jagdish He won an award  with Pratyusha in Indian Telly Award for Popular couple on screen in 2011 . Shashank  has successfully completed his  two and half years in the serial showing viewers his variety of awesome acting skills and is still going on .

He has received massive people's and critical praise for playing such a complex character so well . In his debut show playing a character carrying so many shades so well he proved what other actors take many roles to prove and he surely has a great future ahead of him . He surely is here to stay for a long time.

Shashank is also praised by media and people for being  one among rare actors who has fame but still no starry tanturums , a complete down to earth and humble person who is dedicated to his work and  also a level headed person with no starry airs affecting his charming personality He is simple , humble, honest and modest person in real life He has good sense of humor  someone who likes people to smile   He is a man of epic proportion, He has  got its  all the look , the talent , and great personality  

Shashank has  also got himself inked with his mother's name on back  of his neck to pay tribute to his late mother 

Birthday: 30th November

Nickname: My mother used to call me Kanha otherwise everybody calls me by my real name.

Sun Sign: Sagittarius

Hometown: Ujjain

Describe yourself: I am a simple person and honest to my work.

Strength: I dream big and I consider this as my strength. Without a dream a man is nothing.

Weakness: I am not a punctual person. I am always late by fifteen-twenty minutes for my shoot and I want to change that.

What can easily impress you: Hard work and dedication towards work.

You're crazy about: I am crazy about Hindi movies. I don't miss a single release every week.

Hobbies: I love to meet new people and talk to them. I also love to observe them as I feel an actor is a very good observer.

A cloud 9 moment for you: It has to be getting Jagya's character. For a newcomer like me, when my track was on air I was on cloud nine and will cherish this for a long time.

Do you believe in destiny: Yes of course I do believe in destiny. Hard work can change anything in life. 

Songs you're humming these days: I am a big Kishore Kumar fan so in my car the music is mostly by Kishore Kumar and I love to listen to O mere dil ke chayen and Chu kar mere maan ko.

Any TV show you follow: Unfortunately I do not follow any show and whenever I find sometime I catch my own show in you tube.

An unforgettable day of your life: When I bagged the first award of my life for the Best Debutant. The first landmark is always a special one.

Describe your daily routine in short: I am a very boring person. My daily routine is quite simple - in the morning I wake up, get ready and go to the set and in the night after the shoot I go to bed. It doesn't involve an interesting activities as such. 

What is your favorite pass time during free time on the sets: Well, I don't sleep on the set. I just love to chit-chat with the spot dadas and crew members on the set.

Favorite hangout places in Mumbai: I love my car and bike. Somehow I really like Bandra. especially Carter Road and Bandstand. 

Craziest fan encounter so far: It was in Shirdi where I met a family who came to visit Sai Baba and when they saw me at the gate and recognized me they wanted to touch my feet. It was really crazy and an incident which I will never forget.

The best compliment ever received: I am quite a perfectionist when it comes to my job so whenever I get any compliments I just keep it in my mind and then again work hard. But yes of course I enjoy getting compliments.

Your inspiration: Mr. Amitabh Bachchan for obvious reasons.

You're incomplete without: Without my work I guess. Shashank Vyas is nothing without his job.

Message to your fans: Be humble and honest in life. With your dedication and passion you can be a winner. And do keep watching Jagya as there is a lot to come in the show.

Shashank Vyas

Shashank Vyas, best known for his role as Jagya in Balika Vadhu on Colors TV, is a fitness freak. His fit body adds charm to his face which is liked by every girl. He is also a foodie who believes in having only ghar ka khana (homemade food).

In a candid chat with Tellychakkar.com, the actor shares his fitness mantras.

Personal fitness mantra: I make sure that I have a healthy diet with a proper jogging routine in the mornings. I don't prefer going to a gym because I have no interest in building muscles.

Personal diet mantra: I don't eat outside food at all and only have homemade food. I also keep in mind that my food is not too oily and spicy. Coconut water and curd is mandatory in my diet.

Exercise routine: I do jogging for one and a half hours every day in the morning.

Is food the elixir of life? Yes, it is very important for survival and as I am a foodie. So for me, it's part of my life.

Are you a foodie? Yes, to the core.

Are you a vegetarian or a non-vegetarian? I am a pure vegetarian.

Favourite cuisine: As I am a foodie, I love eating everything.

Favourite dish: Whatever I cook becomes my favourite dish.

Favourite restaurant: I don't go to restaurants at all.

A must on my breakfast table: Curd and coconut water with
some Indian dishes like upma or poha.

Sugar or sugar-free tea/coffee: Tea with one table spoon of
sugar and at times I even prefer green tea.

Lunch generally consists of: Three chapattis, dal, rice with sprouts and salad. This makes my lunch a complete package.

Dinner generally consists of: I am not really fond of dinner because lunch and breakfast complete my diet. Sat night, I prefer it to be very light with tomato soup or salad.

Dessert delights: I don't like dessert.

One thing I can't resist: Rice, because I need it during the day.

My favourite drink (non-alcoholic): Fresh lime.

My favourite drink (alcoholic): I don't have alcohol.

At parties I have: I hardly go for any party.

Most unusual dish I've tasted: Nothing so far.

Experiment with food: I do try different things with my
food but, whatever I make is for my delight.

On the streets, I love to have: I don't eat anything outside.

Do you cook? I love cooking, so you can understand my taste.

Fitness tip: Many a times, people go to late night gym without understanding that you can't let your body work anytime. Morning time is the only real and effective time for workouts. Have a proper diet and avoid oily and spicy stuff for your dinner. Make sure that you have a very healthy breakfast because that is the main meal of your day.

Revealing the real guy behind Jagya...over a scrumptious meal

It is Hornby's Pavillion at the 5 star ITC Grand Central Hotel, Parel, again but this time my guest is the tall, young and dashing Shashank Vyas hugely popular as Jagya of Balika Vadu on Colors channel. At a height of 6'1" with a lean figure, he reminded me of a young and more handsome version of Amitabh Bachchan.

The vegetarian actor is a foodie and relished the Kebabs at the restaurant. He loves to cook and experiment at home with paneer and stuff. "The wife has to be a good cook," he insists, though there is no one in the scene right now as he puts it, "Girls don't like me. Even when I go back to Indore, my female friends call me home and leave me with their mothers and go away." Black is his fave color and his car is also a black Hyundai Verna. He had teamed a black shirt on cream trousers and looked intellectual in his spectacles. As I referred to him as Jagya more than once, he did not mind but rued the fact that actors' names are not shown in the titles of serials which makes the viewers identify them by their screen names only.

After tasting parathas with paneer pasanda and aloo ki subzi, he is too full to go for anything else. "I cannot multi task' as I give more than my 100 percent to the job on hand I would find it difficult to do something simultaneously," he declares. No Bigg Boss as he would find it claustrophobic, dancing shows he would reconsider but anchoring is something he is interested in. Shashank believes that if you get everything then the craving which makes you work hard for perfection is lost. Is a firm believer in karma and marriage as he feels the need to have a woman about the house, especially since he lost his mother at a young age.

Furthermore, he considers himself lucky for having got Balika Vadu as his debut vehicle but at the same time he had the onus of fulfilling the brand's commitment to high value and acting. which we as viewers, can vouch for as he has done it in a flawless manner. Back home, his neighboring aunties want to feed him, his sister's sasuralwaale (in-laws) love him and his dad's feedback includes "Kalke episode mein thoda overacting thi beta."

Here's recounting an interesting FaceBook fiasco - around 20 fake FBs in his name with his images exist and some of them even exchanged their mobile numbers with some female friends of his and started texting crude requests and comments to them. Recollecting an incident, he says, "One day my friend's mom from Indore called me up and started her tirade of how I had changed as a person since I came to Mumbai and took up this show. Before I could ask the reason, she handed the phone to her husband and uncle started firing me for texting such offensive matters to his daughter. I requested him to calm down and listen to me but he went on for some time and finally when I got a chance to speak, I told him there were some fake profiles of mine on Facebook and those guys were playing this game." Gradually uncle cooled down but to this day the girl and her family are not on talking terms with him. And Shashank realized fame comes with a price of its own.

According to this youngster, "One has to go through and enjoy every particular stage of your life ' like childhood, adolescence, young adult and so on. By making children act in serials, I feel they lose the essence of innocence and charm of growing up which does not appeal to me. There is a right time to do everything and one has to go through and enjoy every phase of life in its fullness."

After a hectic day's shoot at Naigoan (outskirts of Mumbai), he reaches home by 11ish and goes to bed after midnight, gets up at 5.30 and runs for health, has a healthy diet and is happy working on a nearly 30-day schedule. He observes, "There are no offs in this industry, especially while you are doing a daily soap."

While having dinner, I got a call from my friend in Delhi to whom I had earlier in the day mentioned about dining with Shashank that evening. Being a die-hard fan ofBalika Vadhu and Jagya, she requested if he would speak with her. And the down-to-earth guy was only happy to have a telephonic chat with my pal.

Shashank likes sweets but avoids due to health concerns but being on Eating Out with Stars means you must have a go with everything edible. He tried Kaju Katli, Chocolate Mousse and some fruits but did not have ice cream. In all he enjoyed his dining out at the classy all-day dining Hornby's Pavillion at ITC Grand Central and I saw him off with promises of meeting soon for another dinner date

• This AT is opened with BV forum's moderating team's permission  
  •  This thread is particularly  opened to praise Shashank Vyas the actor and as a person he is , other than his fans/ admirers no other  member is allowed to post any comment here 
  • To post comments here you will have to be part of this AT i.e your name should be in members list  otherwise you cannot post comments here 
  • Follow IF COC a must , which includes no bashing no explicit contents , no type of abusive  language to any member inside or outside forum  , against any actor or character no name calling .This is Appreciation thread not  frustration thread 
  • This AT is not concerned  with whats going on outside it and  peeps you too avoid to discuss the  activities  of this AT outside In case you are not part of this AT so you are mocking members of here  and activites here   at your places .This is against IF COC  and will be reported  if caught
  • In any case you have any problem with any member of this AT so feel free to PM the DT of this AT that  is me and member Saba113.The issue will be handled Don't do wars here or run to mods This AT is at our responsibility we will tackle the issue if we  couldn't then forum mods will be called 
  • The DT of this AT has every right to ban any member who  will keep breaking the rules Only one warning will be given then name in banned list and report send to mods 
  • Avoid writing in caps here This  is considered as shouting 
  • Don't quote more than 3 as it is against Rules .Do less quoting 
  • Every member here can share pictures , articles , news , videos related to Shashank but kindly see through pages if it  has not been shared before if it has been  then avoid repetition 
  • Follow rules a must and enjoy a healthy discussion here 

To Join this AT PM Sidra08 or Saba113 ,  your name will be added in the list Till your name is not added you cannot post comments here . Give us 24 hrs time your name will be added .Only those members whose names are in the list they can post here None other than that ,Refer the list  to see your name is there then start posting Without it please don't post here

Sidra08
Saba113
Jdfan
Kikyo
Tiny15
Jaya-V
Mahi12
Hina13
Jermey1
MyGirl
Faryal -Malik
Libra123
ShankyThe Best
Ivanaa
Vidya0000
AdorableAnusha
Dhurti-rocks434
Swetha
Mehek134
Sushiani
Salma.F
SwastikAshNi
Shinya
KiranlovSriti
 Missesha 
Maria13
Noshows
Tootyfruity
Shanu 1818
 Asvika
Beautiful_Charvi
Darpana.7
BenevolentMehr 
Nileen 
- Safia -*
Nikata*129
Tanya-Sparikh
Don-The -Evil
Suchi-Virmanian
Lavina22
Inkurali
Dinki24 
Kate-Nic
Meenu-Sharma10
Samvi
Tweetie19
Sunna_Deewani
CoolGirl12478
Jaiya
monaime11
Shankylover1
Priyamvada
Bonnefille
rosette80
Yanks28
Sessyhomaru
MeherSehgal
SaraluvRaghvi
Rihan05

congrats to all the shankypies.Its shashanks lucky seven AT.

Swetha,absolutely amzing job.Thanks for the AT.
Originally posted by shankythebest

congrats to all the shankypies.Its shashanks lucky seven AT.

Swetha,absolutely amzing job.Thanks for the AT.
Ur welcome Shanky! 🤗
Oye,Oye shashank's 7th AT,party time🥳

Big Hugs For You!
Edited by jaiya - 10 years ago
NOTE :-

Originally posted by sidra08

i am on  mobile for now saba is not here so i cannot post topic because of it My lap top will be free till tomorrow as my brother has borrowed it so today you will have to sit without AT so  i am giving permission you guys can create one just copy paste my text rest up to you or wait till tomorrow 😆 

Originally posted by sidra08

The perfect creation of God  howz that 

^ Thanks Sidra for the Title & giving permission to create Shashank AT 🤗
Edited by -Swetha- - 10 years ago