Lady in the water ...MY review

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

cdesai12

Goldie

cdesai12

Posted: 09 August 2006 at 11:00am | IP Logged
Lady in the water ...MY review
First off I have to say, It was not at all what the critics who slammed it said. It was a story that deserves to be seen and understood for what it has to offer.

On the other hand, I can see why and how they could draw some negative comments towards the film. Right away it did not come off as a "fairy tale" type of story as M.Night himself tried to accomplish. The idea of it was brilliant and majestic, but also half-baked.

The story came off more as a comedy with the usual jump moments here and there. We are battered with constant information that you could almost barely follow what was ultimately going on.

Most fairy tales, especially with this type of character such as a mermaid or a hidden being, require a bit of mystery and time to create a mystical feeling before they are revealed. The "lady" in the water was brought to us so fast it almost wouldn't make a difference if she came out of his bathtub as soon as the movie began.

Right then, most of the mystical and mysterious aspects were tossed away. Most of the story is told more though dialogue than anything else. We weren't really given a chance to imagine or guess what might happen. It was told what will happen and that was the end of it.

The antagonist of the story or the opposing force was whittled down into a wolf-like creature, that can break through a glass window of a door from the outside, but when it is trying to exit, it has to struggle with the door itself when the same sized windows are right in the middle of it.

M.Night himself played one of his own characters and though he did a good job playing the character, he would have been better off leaving the part to someone else and keeping the power of his "mysterious cameos" alive.

The story slightly thrills you, frightenes you, surprises you, and might even make you shed a tear. But most of the audience was so stuck on laughing, that the whole story came off more as joke than something to feel dramatically connected too.

When the comedic moments did come, it was very funny. I enjoyed each character especially how they each had something interesting and important about them. The film has a powerful message and succedes in leaving you mystified.

The initial idea of the story was brilliant. But wasn't formed together as well as it could have been. M. Night has once again delivered an amazing story, but has failed to provide the same experience that he has with his previous films.

I recommend this film to anyone for what it has to offer. It's a story that will help you realize things about yourself and others. It is slightly out of the style of his previous films, but still establishes one hell of a good story.

my rating 8/10***

Edited by cdesai12 - 09 August 2006 at 11:01am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Lady in the water ...MY review" in Hollywood Movies & Stars forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

cuty_a

Goldie

cuty_a

Posted: 11 August 2006 at 7:56am | IP Logged
thank you Smile Embarrassed

Post Reply New Post

Go to top