Rival site: Bhabasa feels DABH enriches society

A-A-S thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Hi people!
There is a new article on the rival site (15 July 2013) about Ashok Lokhande (Bhabasa). Here is a quick summary with a few quotes from the article.

Mr Lokhande is an alumni of the National School of Drama. He initially wanted to act in films but joined TV due to a lack of opportunities for films. He has been in the industry for 22 years and has been associated with Star Plus for 17 years now! His 'Favourite Sasur' award at the 2013 Star Parivaar Awards is apparently his first award (at least, it is his first SPA award if not his first of any kind - I couldn't quite tell from the article.) and he is "glowing with happiness"! "I am feeling elated and happier as my daughter is very proud of me." 👏 ⭐️

He feels very happy with the varied, interesting and popular roles he has had over the years, including in the shows Son Pari, Saans and Just Mohabbat. "I am still fondly remembered as Altu uncle of Son Pari. That gives an idea as to how much a TV show character can attract and retain the audiences' attention."

He feels that the character of Bhabasa has evolved from the early days of DABH:  "Initially, I wasn't given much dialogues or actions but now Bhabasa has come out of the background zone and has an important role to play in the family. He is the one who gives so much support to his daughter-in-law Sandhya (Deepika Singh) to let her fulfill her dreams, sometimes even going against the wishes of his wife (Neelu Waghela)." 

When asked about why Bhabasa never contradicts Bhabho in front of people, he said "That is our culture. Since it would be embarrassing for children to see their parents fight, Bhabasa makes it a point to confront her only when they are alone. This also gives the different perspective of Bhabho's character to the audience, who gets to see her act as a wife who answers her husband's doubt and not just a strict law maker at home."

About DABH reaching 500 episodes, he said that the entire team is working hard to make the show successful and they are very happy to have achieved this feat. "I am glad to be a part of a show which is enriching the society with so much of goodness. Not many serials today can do that, lest achieve such a feat."

He also said that "most importantly, the story has just begun; the audience is yet to be treated with the real drama."

[He says the real drama is yet to come? Aaagh! 😲 😆]

Edited by A-A-S - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

HalleNJ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
"The story has just begun"...after 500 episodes???😆 

anyways, was happy to see bhabasa (ashokji) winning an award in SPA...congrats ashokji

thanks for sharing
thala thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
tfs
yes the story has just begun
still there is lot of drama before they show sandy becoming an IPS officer
-Liebe- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
also more drama in store for future too.v have to wait and watch.

no doubt he is best FIL.👍🏼

thank u.
iluvsuraj thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Picture abhi baaki hai!😲TFS 😊
IshraMiNeholic thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
tfs..
waitng for drama act.. 😉
jhema thumbnail
tfs.
Every answer of bhabhasa is worthy.
Like you sooo much bhabhasa 😊
Edited by jhema - 10 years ago
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Drama is going to be there. Emotional atyachaar pe emotional atyachaar is waiting for SURYA.