Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aishwaryagayen thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
i was shocked to hear she was the one who wrote it .. they gave it on TOI .. the way the war veteran and his disability is shown is one hell of a job .. its must read
MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: aishwaryagayen

i was shocked to hear she was the one who wrote it .. they gave it on TOI .. the way the war veteran and his disability is shown is one hell of a job .. its must read

Really!!
Sounds Intetesting...
I am not really liking her casual vacancy but maybe i"ll give it a try
bookworm-ALS-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
I really want to read this book!
zephyr29 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Poor woman 😆. Can't even write under a pseudonym without the secret getting out. Defeats the whole purpose, doesn't it?
MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Originally posted by: zephyr29

Poor woman 😆. Can't even write under a pseudonym withoutthe secretgetting out. Defeats the whole purpose, doesn't it?

But why does she need to write under a pseudonym in the first place. I sobt get it.
zephyr29 thumbnail
Its something writers like to do. It is a kind of thrill to hide behind a mask, also the anonymity means they can write whatever they want without the pressure of people's expectations. Many a times because of agent/publisher influence they are made to stick to only one particular genre because they feel that's what sells.There are many writers who write under 2 or 3 pseudonyms, that way they can get to experiment to their heart's content.

Maybe she was experimenting with the suspense genre so even if it failed she could hide behind "Robert Galbraith" 😆. I guess being J.K. Rowling makes that difficult. She just needs to cover her tracks better next time 😊.
zephyr29 thumbnail
Oh there you go. I just read the article you posted now and even she says the same thing. She wanted to publish without hype or expectations.
MostlyHarmIess thumbnail

Originally posted by: zephyr29

Oh there you go. I just read the article you posted now and even she says the same thing. She wanted to publish without hype or expectations.

well I didnt ðŸ˜›

But I get what you are saying..

Her casual vacancy was really torn off by everyone

zephyr29 thumbnail
Ah maybe that's why she wants to write under another name. So it really got bad reviews? Casual Vacancy? Edited by zephyr29 - 10 years ago