Book Discussion :The Oath of Vayuputras

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

harianjana

IF-Rockerz

harianjana

Posted: 14 July 2013 at 12:51am | IP Logged

The Oath of Vayuputras:
the Oath of the Vayuputras is a 2013 novel by Indian author Amish Tripathi and the final book in his Shiva trilogy. The book was released on February 27, 2013, through Westland Press and completes the mythical story about an imaginary land Meluha and how its inhabitants were saved by a nomad named Shiva.

I always love the series of thsi book, 
and the third series was a no exception for its breath taking narration...
I love the entire book, and how the authro continued the story line, when it comes for the Sati when she had to take a decision between his father and husband, or Parvateshwars Loyality...
what ever... The book is best for me amongst the three books.
Does any one here share my opnion?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ApoorvaFan

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Book Discussion :The Oath of Vayuputras" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

ApoorvaFan

IF-Veteran Member

ApoorvaFan

Posted: 15 July 2013 at 11:12am | IP Logged
I just finished reading it and some how I feel the 2nd one in the series is the best.

This book is more voluminous and regarding writing style and narration, its in line with the other two books.

I some how felt, the ending is bland...  I mean the high point is Sati's death but later pages were epilogue sort off ...

will write more again once I gather my thoughts

harianjana

bookworm-ALS--

IF-Stunnerz

bookworm-ALS--

Posted: 15 July 2013 at 12:12pm | IP Logged
I loved the book. Though I would say, after Sati's death, it seems a bit off, or maybe it was that my interest waned.
Either way, it was a very good read, and especially the characterisations were spot on as the characters developed and grew.

harianjana

-Ronnie-

IF-Rockerz

-Ronnie-

Posted: 19 July 2013 at 11:11am | IP Logged
l got this book long back...never got time to read.
reading it now a days...
I simply loved the first two books! Smile

harianjana

anu rulz

IF-Rockerz

anu rulz

Posted: 20 July 2013 at 8:24am | IP Logged
i personally found it a let-down, almost anti-climatic..the first two books were written better IMHO..

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

LoveToLaughharianjanaApoorvaFan

ApoorvaFan

IF-Veteran Member

ApoorvaFan

Posted: 28 July 2013 at 8:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by anu rulz

i personally found it a let-down, almost anti-climatic..the first two books were written better IMHO..
yeah I agree.  Personally tI feel he greatness of Shiva's character was not sustained and if the author's theory that a great soul who lived on earth ages back was turned into God by next generations, he must have done some thing so great for the man kind ... which is some what missing in this .

I anticipated, Shiva will solve some majestic  issue thus will be honored as god by future generations.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top