Debate Mansion

Debater of the week #7:return_to_hades ;) (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 39

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 15 July 2013 at 7:33pm | IP Logged

Hey Congrats RTH ! Will be back soon and hopefully with some questions and tasks for you Big smile Dont let your MOTW get locked before that LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

return_to_hades

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Debater of the week #7:return_to_hades ;) (Page 6)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 15 July 2013 at 8:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lonely0planet

some more, skip the ones you have already replied..

your earliest memory?

It is hard to pinpoint any specific memory. But I have memories of taking walks with my granduncle in the evening to the corner store. He would buy me and my cousin bro candies and marble paper to play with. Also traveling with my grandma. She took me to many places in Karnataka.

pass some words of wisdom to me

Be yourself and happy.

which movie/ book is your all time favourite?

DDLJ & Green Eggs and Ham

Were you offended when someone leaked your picture? You seem be proud of what you are now, so how does it matter if people here know how you look like?

It is more of a matter of privacy. You don't leak/share someone's personal information. Sharing pictures/information as friends is one thing, but having your information shared with strangers just isn't nice. Oh well. Whats done is done.

Do you care about people you meet online? why or why not

Depends. Usually, it is just passing acquaintances. Some random chit chat. I like to interact with them, but thats it. But there are some whom I connect with and go on to become really good friends. I care for virtual friends, just as much as I would real friends.

Do you have any spppky experience to share?

Not really. My greatgrandfather was a self proclaimed ghost hunter. Grandma and dad have plenty of spooky stories.

how many friends do you have?

Lol. I've never kept count. But not very many. I could probably count em on my fingers.

do you like your job?

Yes. Its fun, different and my coworkers are really nice.

best age to be, under 10, teenage, 20-30, 30+, 40+, 50+...?

There isn't any good age or bad age to be. How much you enjoy life is all about the state of mind.

who lives happiest life, rich, wise or altruistic?

Personally for me altruism is the key. No man is an island, we need others. Altruism is a way of being connected and caring. It gives life a purpose of sorts. But I'm sure for other people riches, wisdom or other things are more important.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

LovelyPlanetForever-KA

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 15 July 2013 at 9:46pm | IP Logged
Congrats RTH.
OOH what a catch !

Anyway here are some quick questions:

1. What are some of the Avatar Pics you have used so far ?

2. What is the reason for liking or selecting those pics ? They do seem dark, mysterious, sinister and romantic. 

3. The Name you use "Return to Hades" indicates some feeling of loss or a continous search for something. Any comments on its origin ?

4. I dont suppose this blog I came across is yours.

Forever-KAreturn_to_hades

axeion

IF-Sizzlerz

axeion

Posted: 15 July 2013 at 10:32pm | IP Logged
Aah, bookmark! And once again, sausage fest or banana fiesta? ;)

return_to_hades

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 16 July 2013 at 12:55am | IP Logged

I see the  grill  heating up fast and furious .  Is it the embers from Hades or some of the unspent ones  resurfacing from the days of Yore!

Almost lunch break at my end . Here goes some of my simple ones before BTV carries out his threat of a 1000 paged questionnaire -

1.     Why did your MOTW not start on a Friday unlike the others?

2.     Have you noticed any difference  between the current and prior session of MOTWs ? If yes enumerate a few of them.  Any suggestions?

3.     Why do you think stalkers stalk? (both virtual and real) What could possibly motivate them?  Is it against the COC to stalk someone? I remember a member being banned for it.

4.     Name 3 members on DM who you think whine a lot ? What do you  have to say to them?  

5.     Name 3 members seen as heartless villains of DM? Do you concur with that perception ? Why? Any suggestions for them?

Task time-

Some members of Debate Mansion have been missing in action.

i.        Gauri took a self ban long ago.

ii.        Mindbender -  behaves like the will-o-the wisp. Now here, now gone.

iii.        Karandel No trace of him. Last I knew he had recovered from his neck pain.

iv.        Souro-  A troop of Aliens swooped upon his MOTW thread and  whisked him away.

Investigate and devise a strategy  to get these members back to DM . You could assign roles to as many members as you wish to assist you in implementing your task.

That's it for now.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

peridot.return_to_hades*Woh Ajnabee*

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 16 July 2013 at 3:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

[QUOTE=King-Anu]
1a. Name your 3 least favorite DM/IF members
Only three? Can I make my own hall of shame list?
- Cruiser
- You
- Vinu

1b. Give one good thing about those 3 members
- Can be funny at times?
- Sincerely committed on being civil and getting along
- Isn't dead yet, so the universe must need him

- you would like to see less of/banned - Cruiser, Vinu

17. Who makes the best argument in support of God and against God No one, every debate on this issue seems like dancing in wild circles to me.

I do believe you are a genuinely nice and intelligent person.. but above answers may hurt these people.

Probably. Some questions just put you in a corner. I could either have refused to answer and been kind of a spoilsport or chosen to be diplomatic and make up lies. I merely preferred the straightforward route. I think members should be more cognizant of what questions they are asking and avoid ones that could create a jam like this.  Perhaps a different person could have been more diplomatic, but I cannot.

That being said, I don't see any reason for someone to be hurt or bothered by it. Not everyone gets along or is liked by everyone. C'est la vie. You're always bound to rub someone the wrong way. I'm sure I'm  just an insignificant online entity and my opinion doesn't make a difference.
@ LP - KAL actually asked for it by posing those questions. If he was fine with finding someone else's name in that list he should also be fine with finding his own name there. Not sure why he said he is done with the questioning though. He could always change his mind as usual.

Some of the opinions expressed  could appear as harsh to some new members here but as you may have noticed by now , most of the regular members do not seem to mind much. Tongue

Edited by _Angie_ - 16 July 2013 at 4:27am

return_to_hades

Forever-KA

IF-Rockerz

Forever-KA

Posted: 16 July 2013 at 4:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by _Angie_

[QUOTE=King-Anu]

I do believe you are a genuinely nice and intelligent person.. but above answers may hurt these people.

Probably. Some questions just put you in a corner. I could either have refused to answer and been kind of a spoilsport or chosen to be diplomatic and make up lies. I merely preferred the straightforward route. I think members should be more cognizant of what questions they are asking and avoid ones that could create a jam like this.  Perhaps a different person could have been more diplomatic, but I cannot.

That being said, I don't see any reason for someone to be hurt or bothered by it. Not everyone gets along or is liked by everyone. C'est la vie. You're always bound to rub someone the wrong way. I'm sure I'm  just an insignificant online entity and my opinion doesn't make a difference.

KAL actually asked for it by posing those questions. If he was fine with finding someone else's name in that list he should also be fine with finding his own name there. Not sure why he said he is done with the questioning though. He could always change his mind as usual.

hmm..what is going on here? 

The fox is fine with his name in there. I replied to lonelyplanet already and said whatever RTH said is fine with me and it is me who asked this question. I also said there is no need to explain anything. And what is so bad in asking about 3 least favorite members and then one good thing about them?  I have seen similar questions. Anyway there was no need to drag it

This is what I said

"Thanks Lonely. However let me say I did not mind and there is no chance of getting hurt. There is nothing new there or unexpected. lol. Also the questions are such that it will have such answers anyway.

RTH, no need to explain in my case. You should focus on answering pending questions"

Now do you want me to come out of monitor screen and sing a song and dance and shake and
therefore show that I have not turned into devdas after knowing I am disliked by RTH? lol.

Originally posted by BirdieNumNum

hey LP, thanks for pointing this out. But really, I wouldn't sweat it if i were KA. It's not like he's going to miss out on even a dime if he didnt make the cut. Speaking for myself, I like KA more already. Lots of new found respect and admiration for fox. Someone's got to be be doing something great when certain types dislike himLOL

how innocent of you. lol. thanks birdie.

Me and sweat? lol.

- I think one sweats when one doesnt make a cut that one wanted to make. Here on forum I have no cuts to make and therefore no reason to sweat.

- My reaction is driven by my mind and not RTH. Despite her take on me i dont dislike her. I have problems with some of her views however i separate that from the person. One has both good and bad views but that doesnt make her a person to be disliked. That is how I think.

Lets move on and focus on question and answers. she is doing fine job and I appreciate her effort. I already spent my foxy set and hence dont have anything else to ask. If the motw is stuck I may come up with more. lol.

Thanks Miss Angie and Mr. Num. I appreciate your input and hope the fox was able to clarify the situation. lol

_Angie_return_to_hades

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 16 July 2013 at 9:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Riyasi

Great answers all as expected and you get a Hug for the last answer. Now I have the RTH stamp on IF LOL
And please don't remain socially awkward. You are a great person to know and be friends with and no one should be deprived of an opportunity to get to know you better and like you better for it.Embarrassed
Now-a-days all my favorite people on IF are MIA and so am I. Hope to see all of you guys active again in next BB season. Till then sayonara and keep rocking DM with your wit and intellect.

Haha, you don't need the RTH stamp. You have the Battle Axe Stamp. It is more powerful. LOL

There's very few people I actually talk to. A lot is thanks to Axe. I wouldn't even know Genie if not for her.

Yes, most of the cool kids are really inactive these days. I usually stay away as well. I haven't even posted much on twitter either. Except, I lack discipline, I get bored and start browsing IF again.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next BB season as well. Hopefully, all the fun folks will be there for some time pass . See you around more often though I hope. Hug

-victoRiya-charminggenie

Post Reply New Post

Go to top