Debater of the week #7:return_to_hades ;)

Posted: 10 years ago
Namaskar, Hello, bonjour, bonjuerno, Hola,Hallo, Adam, Satsriakal, Namaste, Salem-alekum and finally

HIII

So I am back and this time I have the most mischievous person of my acquantance, an eloquent debater and funny bunny, Gunia's IF Id namesake( I like to belief she was thinking of Pershephone when she took this id)

return_to_hades

Congratulations RTH. Here is a brand new siggie for you to put up.

and Now for the start up questions

Your name:

The first letter of your name and surname( if you don't answer above question):

The reason behind your ID:

How did you first join IF:

How often do you login:

Your experience in IF so far:

A nice moment of your life on IF:

Your worst nightmare on IF:

[FONT=Verdana] Few friends on IF who share the same wavelength:

What other forums you visit other than DM:

Why are you attracted towards DM:

Does the level of Debate here meet your expectation? If yes, do you want to give input to make it better? If no, same question

Your favorite past-time:

Are you a couch potato or busy Bee:

What are the activities you do, if you are busy bee

What do you usually do, sitting on couch? just browse IF or others as well

favorite qoute if any

Virtual or real:

PS: Check this to know who is next,( yours truly included in list). If I have missed you, do leave a note there/pm me and you will be added to the list as per your time convenience

Finally, a DOTW I know, albeit superficially and curious to know more about ðŸ˜³

1) What according to you is the best weapon to be used in a war and why?

2) The best:
b) Book you have ever read
c) Movie you have ever seen
d) Visual you have ever seen

3) Your favorite:
a)sound and why
b)room in your house and why

4) What is your highest/ultimate ambition in life?

5) Are you superstitious? If yes, what is your pet superstition if any?

6) Do you believe in the institution of marriage (why/why not)? 

7) How would you react in following situations:
a) you found out that your best friend stabbed you in the back. You confront them and they are ashamed of the act and ask for your forgiveness remorsefully?
b) If your boss insults you in front of others for a minor fault of yours
c) If you are in a position of power and get an opportunity to misuse it for your benefit without the scope of being found out.
d) stuck in an elevator full of bimbos you dislike

8) In a potential love interest:
a) the personality trait most attractive to you
b) the physical feature you dig most

9) What is the best revenge according to you?

10) 10 years down the line, how do you picture your life?

11) What is your biggest
a) regret in life so far, if any?
b) achievement in life so far, if any?
c) weakness
d) strength

12) From among IF members
a) most similar to your own personality
b) you are most likely to lose a debate to if ever
c) most intriguing among strangers
d) has the best sense of humor according to you
e) is the most balanced personality you have seen on the forum
f) you find most irritating 

13) Lastly, write a few words about me from what you have noticed so far  (I couldn't resist this golden opportunity, so making hay while the Sun shines ðŸ˜†)

Why do you not get along with King_Anu? (from your previous reply)

What does it take to forgive and forget someone who you had argument with? In real life versus e-life.

do you think people who come here to "debate" and yet show no tolerance for opposite views?

finally almost everyone thinks you are best debater on DM, who is best according to you?😆

Do you find me annoying too?😆

Originally posted by LeadNitrate

So I am back and this time I have the most mischievous person of my acquantance, an eloquent debater and funny bunny, Gunia's IF Id namesake( I like to belief she was thinking of Pershephone when she took this id)

I actually suggested Persephone to Gunia during our chit chats in BB last season. I thought she should join my harem. 
😆

Congratulations RTH. Here is a brand new siggie for you to put up.

I have Ad block so many images are blocked for me. Can you PM me the img link. I'll put it up in siggie. 😃

and Now for the start up questions

Your name: Those who know, they know. Those who don't, they don't. But its ain't heard to snoop and find my name on IF. 😉

The first letter of your name and surname( if you don't answer above question): Ah thats classified information. I'd suggest snooping for the first name. But if you mingle with stalkers, you'll get the last name too. 😛

The reason behind your ID: It stems from my love for Greek myth. It is inspired from the myth of Hades and Persephone. My ID is to express the philosophy, to enjoy the sunshine and bounty of spring, you have to experience the cold and harshness of winter. Life is always such a cycle, you always have to return to hades.

How did you first join IF: It was Indian Idol season II. I joined the forum to read the spoilers.

How often do you login: Everyday. I suck!

Your experience in IF so far: Vertical Velocity

A nice moment of your life on IF: Ah many, when I e-married Woh Ajnabee, when I met my soul sister PinkFreud aka Omnipotent_Taco, when Axeion pity friended me.

Your worst nightmare on IF: KSG Destruction Squad, who knew one of the secret creators would end up being a great friend someday

Few friends on IF who share the same wavelength: Omnipotent Taco is my virtual twin in most things, Deja Vu's shares my nerdy sense of humor, BTV/POH is like the more angst ridden, short fused, emo version of me. But surprisingly a lot of my good friends are quite different from me, but thats what makes them good friends.

What other forums you visit other than DM: Oh randomness Bollywood, I'll wander into DID, JDJ or II, but I've not done that for a while. Recently, I've started hanging out on BB forums just for kicks.

Why are you attracted towards DM: I'm a nerd, I love doing nerdy things like debating

Does the level of Debate here meet your expectation? If yes, do you want to give input to make it better? If no, same question: Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I don't think you can force it to be better. The activity is in waves. Every now and then you get a good debate. And once newbies become used to the arguing, you can get intense debate without too many people taking it personally.

One advice I'd give people though is that the point of debate is to argue different views. Don't take someone pounding view with an opposite viewpoint personally. That's their opinion. Try to confine the rage to the debates. Its hard, even I lose it at times. But you just have more fun when you don't take differences so seriously.

Your favorite past-time: Reading, Watching movies

Are you a couch potato or busy Bee: Couch potato, but I can be a busy bee with right motivation

What are the activities you do, if you are busy bee : I love walking - I like to take long walks/hikes, last year I took up biking. I like driving around, seeing new places and doing new things.

What do you usually do, sitting on couch? just browse IF or others as well Browse IF, watch TV shows/movies

favorite qoute if any: There's a large mustard mine near here. And the moral of that is...the more there is of mine, the less there is of yours.

Virtual or real: Virtual reality? 😆
One question before I step out: Why be so cool for? ðŸ˜›

Edit: wording
Edited by bewafa - 10 years ago
Originally posted by Riyasi

Finally, a DOTW I know, albeit superficially and curious to know more about ðŸ˜³

1) What according to you is the best weapon to be used in a war and why?

Deception. A well planned gambit can be a game changers. And that which yields is not always weak.

2) The best:
b) Book you have ever read: Green Eggs and Ham. Nostalgia speaks.
c) Movie you have ever seen: Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge. Nostalgia speaks again.
d) Visual you have ever seen: The look in a dogs eyes when you come home

3) Your favorite:
a)sound and why : The baying of a hound dog, it is just something out of this world
b)room in your house and why: My bedroom, because I conduct the most fun activity of my life there - sleeping

4) What is your highest/ultimate ambition in life?

I want to grow old and really really senile, so I can drive everyone batshit crazy!

5) Are you superstitious? If yes, what is your pet superstition if any?

Not really, but I cross myself everytime I drive by roadkill

6) Do you believe in the institution of marriage (why/why not)?

No I feel that marriage is an old archaic institution that really doesn't hold much meaning. People get married for all sorts of frivolous reasons. A relationship is something intimate between two people and I don't think you need rituals, a legal paper and all that jazz to have a happy and fulfilling relationship. I beleive in commitment, and feel that when two people commit to each other thats all that there ought to be. You don't need to get married.

If in a relationship that lasts, I probably would get married though because I think one still needs the social and legal benefits of it. I wish more countries were like Sweden where you didn't have to bend and conform.

7) How would you react in following situations:
a) you found out that your best friend stabbed you in the back. You confront them and they are ashamed of the act and ask for your forgiveness remorsefully? I'm a naive softie, I forgive very easily
b) If your boss insults you in front of others for a minor fault of yours I wouldn't take a job where my boss is a jerk. If I end up with such a boss I would quit or them in serious trouble with HR
c) If you are in a position of power and get an opportunity to misuse it for your benefit without the scope of being found out. Ah, I don't know. I like to believe I have good ethics, but I'm human too and succumb to temptation. I may give myself small perks, but I would never do wrong by anyone else in the process
d) stuck in an elevator full of bimbos you dislike I'd hope someone makes out so I can take a video and leak it

8) In a potential love interest:
a) the personality trait most attractive to you:  good conversation is sexy, I dig people whom I can hold good conversations with
b) the physical feature you dig most: eyes and smile

9) What is the best revenge according to you?

It depends on the person. For people with a conscience forgiveness is the best revenge. For arrogant people humiliation is the best revenge. For sociable people isolation is the best revenge. And sometimes, total annihilation is the best revenge.

10) 10 years down the line, how do you picture your life?

Ah, I day dream a lot, but other than that I don't see more than a few moments ahead in life

11) What is your biggest
a) regret in life so far, if any? I don't believe in regrets. I stand by everything said and done, embracing the good and the bad.
b) achievement in life so far, if any? I made it out alive this far. Thats something eh?
c) weakness I'm a genuinely nice person
d) strength I'm a genuinely nice person

Yes, its a double edged sword.

12) From among IF members
a) most similar to your own personality Pinkfreud/Omnipotent Taco
b) you are most likely to lose a debate to if ever There is no such thing as losing debates. No matter how informed and articulate the other side is, clearly they are wrong and just being delusional about winning. Jokes aside, if people are able to present their arguments in a polite, well balanced manner - I'm always willing to see the other side. Even though Ajnu is always on the opposite side of me in all moral and religious debates, I usually respect and understand her POVs. Even though Gauri_3 strongly leans towards many conservative/GOP policies and I bleed blue, I can see where she comes from. Even though Axeion believes that sexual orientation is a choice, which is the exact opposite of what I believe, I'm able to understand and accept her perspective on how she presents it.
c) most intriguing among strangers All the strangers who have intrigued me have befriended me
d) has the best sense of humor according to you DejaVu
e) is the most balanced personality you have seen on the forum SheldonBazinga, BheegiBasanti, DejaVu, you
f) you find most irritating Ah this is a loaded question - but I'm easily irritated - I get irritated by nonsensical spammers, patronizing pricks, holier thanst thou preachers, relentless perverted flirts, diabetic sweeteness, obsessive fans, even more obsessive haters, misogynist bas***ds, bitchy gossip girls, holy book thumpers, mountain out of molehill makers, weird gibberish spewers, serial MID makers...so on and so forth...

13) Lastly, write a few words about me from what you have noticed so far  (I couldn't resist this golden opportunity, so making hay while the Sun shines ðŸ˜†)

I think you are one of the smarter and saner members. You're not obsessed about any celebrity or show. I've seen you steer clear of drama. Your posts are usually constructive. IF would be better if more people were relaxed like you.

I think you can be exceptionally eloquent. That one testimonial you wrote for Axeion was wonderfully penned. I was actually jealous, that I didn't write something that neat.

You are quite a friendly sociable person. And I think socially incompetent people like me can drive the socially mannered people like you up the wall at times. Sometimes I'm quite baffled at how my friends tolerate me.

Originally posted by lonely0planet

Why do you not get along with King_Anu? (from your previous reply)

You trying to get this MOTW in trouble already?

Sometimes, two people just don't get along. His views have always been too conservative and unpalatable for me. Our personalities just don't gel well together. I always find it abrasive and frictional.

What does it take to forgive and forget someone who you had argument with? In real life versus e-life.

It doesn't take much for me. I try to see the best in people. If someone apologizes sincerely, I forgive and try to move on. I don't think I can completely forget though. Once hurt, it remains at the back of your mind.

do you think people who come here to "debate" and yet show no tolerance for opposite views?

I think when people don't have strong opinions on something, it is easy to be balanced and tolerant. Once you get into debates where you have a passion for a stance - for example religion, moral issues, Indo/Pak issues it gets much more difficult to be balanced. Even usually calm people can have moments of intolerance. I think rather than expect tolerance form others, everyone needs to take a step back now and then and ask themselves: How can we go about understanding each others POVs?

finally almost everyone thinks you are best debater on DM, who is best according to you?😆

Mister. K, Freethinker, Souro, BTV, all can be tough nuts to crack.

Do you find me annoying too?😆

I don't think I have known you long enough or interacted with you enough to have an opinion either way.

Originally posted by bewafa

One question before I step out: Why be so cool for? ðŸ˜›

Bcoz I is who I is.
Congrats RTH. This will be an interesting MOTW as well. lol. Nice to see well-organized and detailed answers. Always liked that about you.

Have fun and enjoy.

Edit: Adding foxy set.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1a. Name your 3 least favorite DM/IF members
1b. Give one good thing about those 3 members

2a. Name your 3 most favorite DM/IF members
2b. Give one bad thing about those 3 members

3. Best debater on DM (pick one)

4. Pick 10 DM/IF members and associate a word with them

5. Who, here at DM/IF, in your view (or imagination) is most?
Friendly
Annoying
Intelligent
Wise
Funny
Emotional
Mysterious
Little crazy
Fancy with words
Beautiful girl
Handsome guy
Calm
Cool
Eloquent
Graceful

6. Make/Imagine teams of (2 DM/IF members each) for following situations/competitions
Miss Universe
Mr. Universe
War
SRK/Kajol role in DDLJ
Manage economic crisis
"Dance pay chance Marlay" competition
Singing
Debate
IQ competition
Cooking Briyanis (gossiping)
Prank/Making fun
Stalking someone
Comedy competition
To defend there is God
To defend there is no God
To defend gay marriage
To defend gay marriage should not be allowed

7. Choose one person (M or F) from the whole world that personifies (in your eyes)*
Grace
Dignity
Character
Beauty
Personality
Charisma
Intelligence
Leadership
Wisdom
Innocence
* Exclude religious figures

8. Rate yourself (1-10 ,1 being least/less)
Emotional
Intelligent
Wise
Looks
Calm
Charismatic
Leadership
Lucky
Honesty
Care about virtual life
Arrogance
Greed
Eating

9. Give your current favorite signature (you know words of wisdom that people put at the bottom)

10. Give your current favorite AVIs (Gifs/pictures)

11. If you happen to get into a time machine of some sort then
-which 3 people from the past would you like to meet (non religious)
-which 3 events would you like to witness
-which 3 events would you like to change now that you know about them.

12. Pick 2 male and 2 female DM/IFmembers
- and give them a gift and explain why you gave them that gift.
- that you would like to meet in person
- you would like to see less of/banned
- you would like to see more of

13. Pick one male member you want to take on a date/non-romantic get together/know more about and why

14. Pick one female member you want to know more about and why

15. Pick one male and one female member who you see as your rival/competition here (could be in debate or other aspect) and why

16. Who in your mind defends the Gays/Lesbians and their cause the best BTV or Rehanism

17. Who makes the best argument in support of God and against God

18. who do you think comes out as most honest (geniuine article) and why

19. who comes out as fake, unclear and why

20. who has the potential to do extra-ordinary thing in life and why

21. who is the most romantic here and why

22. what is that you get physically attracted to in opposite gender

23. what 3 personal qualites will you look for in life partner

24. Rate following on their debating contribution to this forum (10 being best, 0 being worst). You can base it on their activity, quality of their posts, seriousness. Feel free to add more.

Summer
Zorro
Mr. K
BTV
Mr Ass
Baz
Birdie
Souro
Baazigar
Vintu
Prometeus
Rehanism
Ice-thinker
Hit-homerun
Freethinker
King Anu

25. You have a developed a lie detector with 100 percent accuracy. Pick 10 DM/IF members and ask them one question.

26. To make DM work better you have been given a task to advice members for betterment. Pick 10 members and advice them (in one line) on their role in DM

27. Pick 5 male and 5 female members and rate them in likeness (out of 100%). The likeness can be due to any factor/s. For example Mr. A=80%, Mr.B=10%.

28. Since we debate a lot about gays and lesbians and talk about equality and all that. I guess therefore no one will mind this question. State 10 members and from your observations who is likely to be straiight or who has has some/any chance of being non-straight. Straight versus non-straight

29. You have seen fights/arguments over the years both as a member. State 3 most intense/serious fights/arguments and who were involved in each

30. Pick 10 DM/IF members and rate them on gossip scale (0-100, with 100 being most gossipy)

31. Pick 10 DM/IF members and rate them on aggressions scale (0-100, with 100 being most aggressor)

32. Pick 10 DM/IF members and rate them on intelligence scale (0-100, with 100 being most intelligent)

33. Pick your favorite from the two

Rehanism/BTV
Summer/Zorro
K/Vinu
Vintu/Birdie
Angie/Aarya

34. I have selected 12 "handsome hunks" from DM

Vinu
Vintu
Souro
Birdie
Mr K
Ass
Summer
Freethinker
Rehanism
Beyond the V
Zorro
Baz

1- Choose 6 hunks that you want to know more of
2- Choose 6 hunks that you want to meet
3- Choose 6 hunks that you think are most romantic
4- Choose 6 hunks that are best in debates
5- Choose 6 hunks and dedicate a song to them
6- Choose 6 hunks and make a romantic pair with a female member
7- Choose 6 hunks that might get into trouble with law. Might
8- Chosoe 6 hunks and associate bollywood hero with them
9- Choose 6 hunks and tell us which female member can shut them up.
10- 1 Most favorite hunk from these 12. Could be for any reason.

35. Lets say you have decided to marry.
a-State one quality from DM members (any in #) that you want to see in your husband/partner/boyfriend.
b-Who from DM comes closest to your ideal

Thanks. lol.
Edited by King-Anu - 10 years ago
Congrats! & Njoy  ðŸ˜Š