Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

maha2us

IF-Dazzler

maha2us

Posted: 12 July 2013 at 8:42pm | IP Logged
Hi Friends, Questions to you all.

It happened Saravan Kumar (SK) came for penn parkufying Pavithra but went on to love Revathi. But Mohan and Kalyani make a big issue out of it. They feel Pavithra will be hurt. Probably pavithra is hurt also. But then what is wrong in what SK is doing? It just happens he finds his frequency matches with Revathi but it doesn't say anything about Pavithra. It is also possible Pavithra could get better match. And so what logic is there if Mohan says what SK did was belittling to his household and it looks like belittling the bride's householders? All I can say is Mohan behaves immaturely. As another point, how can he make difference between his sister and Kalyani's sister? Once M and K are married, they are not to differentiate between Pavi or Revathi. Both are younger sisters of both M and K and both deserve to be seen equally. Isn't how a married couple have to see the siblings of both of them? Why is Mohan taking what Revathi did personally? Revathi herself could tell what she did is not belittling to Pavithra and Pavithra still could get better alliance. One point is love can strike between people as coincidence or accident. What do you say?

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

biancarajthendralfan007Jan50M1s5_5unsh1n3Sue Nairriyya6

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Mohan's attitude" in Thendral forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

autumnsconcerto

autumnsconcerto

Posted: 12 July 2013 at 9:42pm | IP Logged
I agree, I don't understand Mohan's logic. How can he practically condemn Revathi for developing feelings and SK reciprocating them? I don't understand this 'penn-parkufying' tradition (in my family, this process was limited to sending photos and determining whether the characteristics of the potential groom/bride matched...there is no physically visiting involved). Another point I have to make is that Mohan fell in love with Kal and married her, EVEN THOUGH she was betrothed to another. How is that action justified but what Revathi did, not? And doesn't Mohan have enough experience receiving beats from potential suitors of his sisters? Another thing I don't understand is K. How can she (of all people), expect her sister to stop loving someone simply because she has no other place to live? And bringing up 'valarpu'. K isn't half as open minded as her mother was. Besides, the person most affected by this (Pavi), supports R & SK...so why is Mohan & co. kicking up a fuss? My god this MM, irritating as usual...it's okay for his son and daughter to have love marriages, but he disapproves of R & SK. It is this hypocritical behaviour that annoys me about this serial nowadays.  

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

biancarajthendralfan007Jan50CarynSue Nair

Jan50

Goldie

Jan50

Posted: 13 July 2013 at 7:54am | IP Logged
Very good post. In fact mohan family should be happy to marryoff Revathy. When the groom's side 
is willing to take her with out much cost to mohan's side. Why dont people think practically?
I was totally disappointed in MM. He was in a position to adviice correctly.you dont get good alliance
 like ths. They should have fixed Revathy's marriage for a future date allowing her to complete her
School. This is what makes me feel that Tv is focussing on backward thinking and non progressive
Ideas existing in some of the middle class family. In reality more than50% of the people in
Tamil nadu are progressive. Too much pattham pasali attitude mouthed thru Ta. t, now Mohan and
MM , and Indira. Only progressive people so far are a very lowly person VR and his Daughter.
Ta bad mouths them. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

thendralfan007

Jan50

Goldie

Jan50

Posted: 13 July 2013 at 8:01am | IP Logged
Another big problem is, what if Revathy goes and attempts suicide. She has been pushed to a corner.
Though she was irritating with her behaviour, she has no one to go to. No real parents who love her.
Sister in a weak position. Future looks too nleak for her.Kalyani in order to prove her loyalty did
Not handle it correctly.Mm could have been a bit more gracious. But i can not blame them. None 
of the Great relatives of Kalyani came forward to take the girls. All said and done Padma is
Keeping them.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

thendralfan007CarynSue Nair

Caryn

IF-Rockerz

Caryn

Posted: 14 July 2013 at 4:55pm | IP Logged
I haven't seen any of the episodes except what is written here, but in a way, I feel bad for Kalyani.  She is married and of course she had done a lot to improve Padma's behaviour.  Unfortunately, at time Padma is still the same. Kal's sisters was brought to the house since there was no option for them.  And they need to abide by the rules of the household.  Kal is torn between inlaws and sisters.  The fact that Rev & SK have fallen cannot be taken to account otherwise Kal will be questioned on her loyalty to her in laws.

Falling in love is one thing but how to overcome it is another.  Fair, SK came to the house and found that he preferred Revathy to Pavi although it is an insult to Pavi.  All he needs to do if he is a true gentle man, to confess his love for her but stay away from her until Pavi's marriage happens or maybe he should ask someone to find a groom for Pavi and let things happen naturally.  Instead he acted selfishly and so did Revathy.

Overall I am proud of Pavi because she has accepted "this is how is it" unlike the rest of the folks.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

biancarajfathima85autumnsconcertothendralfan007Sue Nair

maha2us

IF-Dazzler

maha2us

Posted: 15 July 2013 at 12:03am | IP Logged
Raji, Jan Akka and Prema: Thank you all for giving your view points. All of you have said very good points analyzing from different angles.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

biancarajthendralfan007Caryn

maha2us

IF-Dazzler

maha2us

Posted: 15 July 2013 at 3:04am | IP Logged
I am telling my points based on all your comments.

The position in which Kalyani is in, she won't be able to support Revathi's love. Definitely Pavithra is magnanimous here. Throughout the serial Pavithra has shown lot of courage. It is possible Pavithra could persuade Kalyani and Mohan to accept the love of Revathi. One point here is SK's father is determined for the marriage of SK and Revathi. What will happen if he schemes something? Forgetting love is not easy either for males or females. We have seen males go into depression once they are forced to forget the love as the girlfriend leaves. It is quite possible Revathi could go into depression.

As far the position of Kalyani, she has to be loyal to her ibn-law family. Ideally we could expect Kalyani accepting Revathi's love. But she has to deal with MM, Padma and Mohan who are all not so  broad-minded. For a wife, to be able to take independent decisions in her life with her husband and her in-laws, it seems the only way is to be like Sudha. Sudha could understand the needs of her husband Puvi and do the needful according to them and as Puvi is convinced her attitude helps him, he favors her and neither forces her to be loyal to the family though we also see, Puvi and Sudha reasonably loyal to Puvi's family. Thulasi is in her studies and is no way able to take financial responsibilities and so she could not assert her independence. TA neither supports her whenever he believes his ambitions could be fulfilled with the help of persons whom T didn't like. (I am not supporting TA. Just telling the facts.). Again while Sudha had support of her father, Thulasi didn't. She had to face troubles from Padma. Deepa has criminal husband. How the director could get the Deepa character clean is in his skill.

Kalyani's position is trickier than Thulasi as not only herself but her sisters are also dependent on Mohan and (Padma!).  If only MM, Padma and Mohan are more understanding, Kalyani could find things better. But that is not the way in the World. And as Kalyani and her sisters are orphans also, they are at the mercy of Kalyani's in-laws who are the only solace for them presently.

Edited by maha2us - 15 July 2013 at 3:42am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

thendralfan007Caryn

Smiles-20

IF-Rockerz

Smiles-20

Posted: 15 July 2013 at 11:09am | IP Logged
I was kind of surprised that the entire family ganged up against Revathy like that and all shouted at her.  They could have handled the situation in a better way.  Padma pushing Revathy like that ggrrr!  Hope Mohan remembers that he married the girl he fell in love with that too overcoming obstacles. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Caryn

Post Reply New Post

Go to top