Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

-;@ Story of the Week-Opposites Do Not Attract @;-

lazyleaves IF-Stunnerz
lazyleaves
lazyleaves

Posted: 08 July 2013 at 11:29pm | IP Logged
Hello, its time to  Rabba Vey :D

But before we have an intense eye lock, I would like to go a little Daiyya Ho today!

Firstly, I understand that I have no right to say this but I will say this never the less. I don't understand what has happened to the readers. I read many stories and I see each update with 200 likes but the comments are less than 100. Why don't others speak about the story? If you are not good with words, it's okay. Something is better than nothing. At least try. If the author had thought the same that he/she is not good with words and had not lifted their pen (keyboard) how would they have come up with a story?

Similarly, if you don't comment how will you know you can comment or not?

That said, the authors feel unappreciated and feel their stories are not being liked anymore and hence they quit IF and then all silent readers come out of their shells to stop the author from leaving. You could do the same while the story is going on. Praise the author and the story. Make the author feel that you want to read the story.

And what surprises me the most is authors turning in to silent readers. They are good with words, aren't they? Imagine how happy that new budding author would be if a 'senior' author comments on their work! You were a new author too once upon a time.

I know, I can't force you to comment. But it is my earnest request that please let the author know how much you appreciate the story, please.

Enough of my rant, lets get back to business *ASR style*

We are students, housewives, working women/men(?), mothers, daughters, burdened under piles of work, wake up in the morning with a busy schedule and when evening comes so does the frustration, irritation, tiredness and everything that makes our mood go down.

But what if, amongst all this you get a dose of laughter with a lot of ArHi stirred in to it?

Our stressful life would take a 180 degree turn and be the most wonderful, amazing life ever.

That is what happened to me when I was reading this story, late in the night after a very hectic day. When I read just the first paragraph, my tension drained out right away. I was laughing till my stomach hurt LOL

This author has written this story with so much class and her take on some characters of IPK will make you do ROFL

Now without wasting any more time from de-stressing you, the Story of the Week goes to

Arshi SS: Opposites do not attract

By

Eccentrica

Although I had read a few One Shots by her, this was the first SS that I read from her list of works. I have read a lot of funny stories but this one tops it all. Apart from being funny, it has a very intriguing story weaved smoothly chapter by chapter with a flawless flow. There are so many moments throughout the story which will force you to say 'Hey she is a genius'

And everything is fresh about  her story, Nothing ghisa pitaa/same old same old Star

While I was reading the story, I also realized how regularly it was updated and I truly appreciate her for that Clap

Also, this story teaches us a very important lesson in life -  that opposites do not attract (always) and she also broke a societal norm through this story and I am so glad that she did!

Even though we think that Arnav and Khushi are so different and hence Opposites Attracts applies in their case, then you have to read this one to know that we can be wrong!

After reading this, I am looking forward to read more stories from her pen and I am sure neither you nor I will be disappointed :)

So go ahead, open the thread and read this story and if you didn't laugh/like it then change your name LOL

Don't forget to hit the 'Like' button and please please please do let the author know your views on the story because how much will a 'Like' describe?

See you then until next week with yet another completed story on our eternal couple ArHi Heart

Edited by lazyleaves - 08 July 2013 at 11:29pm

The following 72 member(s) liked the above post:

LooneytoonsgurukhushkvgmatriSarun_wahifanMsFuzzybear69deeptha93hari93Shaheen17manutdno1Diakumar17RainyDaysTeriGalliyan.avantika_2012LadyRashw99Polkadots78xRosewoodxrakenduvadanaswat.gjg12I_Dont_Knowfarha_ipkkndA_BAIronButterflyMithikushShru9tiaarrsshhiichevalwonderblakesweet-fairyamaypranayzainzaAanchal15swatim318simi58-Medha-ITS_LEENAKishmishlalarukhriafnaxMidnightStarxcrazy2012gogumaSkiran-Farwa_Ibrahim-aquagal-JujuKEXPELLIARMUSvandana1965-MissBoiiVamp-honey-sweetykondhiliflutterlashesEccentricasweetly_sour.Sandy.PoochiePieArjuhisis-aparna-LyssaPiedrunkiiebabeharith25-ElmoFuj-aNkItA.CamaiaDee_J-Cheeni-summaiyasayeddumasmishti_17Arshi.Sugi.IPKCrazyDollAnandi

PoochiePie IF-Sizzlerz
PoochiePie
PoochiePie

Posted: 08 July 2013 at 11:39pm | IP Logged
Its an awesome story! I read it yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it! One of the most perfect story I have ever read! Big smile 

Edited by .sakshi. - 08 July 2013 at 11:41pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

-Medha-_Athena_-MissBoiiVamp-Eccentricalazyleaves

Eccentrica IF-Sizzlerz
Eccentrica
Eccentrica

Posted: 08 July 2013 at 11:45pm | IP Logged
Thank you Zehra!

I've looked forward to your 'story of the week' recommendations for quite some time now and was a bit perplexed to not see the weekly sticky post on the forum. 

So imagine my surprise wehn I received a PM from you and then arriving on this post to see that you have included my story as the 'story of the week'.

Humor is a genre that I tried for the first time and to see it be received well was nothing short of overwhelming. Thank you to all those who enjoyed reading this story and welcome all who are about to get introduced to the crazy people in 'Opposites do not attract.'

Here's hoping that I return to the genre soon with another story that will make you all laugh like this one did.

Edited by Eccentrica - 08 July 2013 at 11:57pm

The following 22 member(s) liked the above post:

gurukhushcrazymg.04ashw99I_Dont_KnowIronButterflyITS_LEENAcool_tweetyKishmishsimi58-Medha-bewakoofLadkiEXPELLIARMUScrazy2012Skiran-MissBoiiVamp-sweetly_sournishu_shornaDee_JPoochiePieArjuhisislazyleavesCrazyDollAnandi

roops82 IF-Rockerz
roops82
roops82

Posted: 08 July 2013 at 11:45pm | IP Logged
awesome story...i loved it..

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Eccentricalazyleaves

meera30 IF-Dazzler
meera30
meera30

Posted: 09 July 2013 at 12:00am | IP Logged
This story completely deserves to be here!!

Cheers to Chai for making me laugh all through!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

crazymg.04KishmishEccentricalazyleaves

dishashah4176 IF-Dazzler
dishashah4176
dishashah4176

Posted: 09 July 2013 at 12:23am | IP Logged
i have bookmarked it n will read whn i get time

Eccentricalazyleaves

-Cheeni- IF-Sizzlerz
-Cheeni-
-Cheeni-

Posted: 09 July 2013 at 1:28am | IP Logged
Read it soon

Eccentricalazyleaves

xRosewoodx Goldie
xRosewoodx
xRosewoodx

Posted: 09 July 2013 at 2:27am | IP Logged
Thankyou so much for suggestion Zehra! keep 'em coming i find them awsome :) on it now itself will comment again on how it wasBig smile

Eccentricalazyleaves

Go to top