yeah jaye oh bhar me ..😃😃😃
ReenBean thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
So much for all the vadaahs!!! :(
-Ivy- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
TFS ðŸ˜³ Oh boy this is gonna get exciting... and heartbreaking. 
srinibk thumbnail
First time posting to an interactive forum.. Couldn't resist !!

SLB's story deviates from both the novel and the movie Saraswatichandra. In the novel, Saras and Kumud never meet until after Kumud's marriage, In the movie they meet and spend time together romancing. In the serial, they are secretly married as well with Saras and Kumud following (in a way) the mehendi and haldi formalities prior to their secret marriage. The so called PMS completes their union and karwachauth symbolizes them as a married couple as well.

So SLB has taken this story a level up via this secret marriage. Showing a second marriage of all sorts for Kumud will probably be inappropriate and a huge risk-taking given the values and traditions an Indian audience looks for.. that too in a daily soap. Marriage is a very sacred institution in Indian culture and playing-around with such sentiments may not go well. SLB is smart enough to know this, I hope 😉

This only makes the next plot very very interesting. I don't think it will blindly follow either the movie or the novel. Doesn't sound logical to me at least. If it does most people will stop watching this on TV for sure and SP will feel the heat ðŸ˜†
-Ivy- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: srinibk

First time posting to an interactive forum.. Couldn't resist !!

SLB's story deviates from both the novel and the movie Saraswatichandra. In the novel, Saras and Kumud never meet until after Kumud's marriage, In the movie they meet and spend time together romancing. In the serial, they are secretly married as well with Saras and Kumud following (in a way) the mehendi and haldi formalities prior to their secret marriage. The so called PMS completes their union and karwachauth symbolizes them as a married couple as well.

So SLB has taken this story a level up via this secret marriage. Showing a second marriage of all sorts for Kumud will probably be inappropriate and a huge risk-taking given the values and traditions an Indian audience looks for.. that too in a daily soap. Marriage is a very sacred institution in Indian culture and playing-around with such sentiments may not go well. SLB is smart enough to know this, I hope 😉

This only makes the next plot very very interesting. I don't think it will blindly follow either the movie or the novel. Doesn't sound logical to me at least. If it does most people will stop watching this on TV for sure and SP will feel the heat ðŸ˜†

Welcome to the dark side, friend ðŸ˜›

You make valid points. And very discerning observations about the "secret marriage" too... Now the PMS and Karwachauth is also making sense... The character of Saras deviates hugely from the original too... And that is why his renouncement of Kumud right now is feeling so unpalatable. Because this Saras is somehow more likeable, and hence more weak. I hope the Creatives give audiences a fresh take with this, their own and not HDDCS Reprised. Of course, as you said, Star will be watching 'em like a hawk...
aquaprin90 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Ohhh no... is it true...? 
I can't see Samud to be separated... :,(