Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

India-Forums

Meet the parents-Jassi’s is undergoing... (Page 2)

MrsKhan IF-Addictz
MrsKhan
MrsKhan

Posted: 08 November 2004 at 3:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by jammy

Originally posted by radha_18

what makes you say that? can you prove it? LOL

I dont say it dear but the paper says it!! Err by the way Mrs Armaan Suri!!! LOL

Originally posted by Kanchi

New Delhi, November 7:THEIR baby has just turned one. And Tony and Deeya Singh could not be more proud. After all, post a brief TRP turmoil, Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin is finally out of the red. Shoots in Singapore, celeb guest appearances and the introduction of Armaan Sir's arch rival, Purab (not in the original Spanish screenplay)—it's been a long list of experiments to boost ratings. ''In a successful show, you can get away with a few stunts—some the audience likes, some it doesn't,'' drawls Deeya, the creative head.

So, now it is clear that previously shown guest Celebs and previously visited tours wont hold the TRP's later in the show, it is also a fact that not every day a CELEB comes in the show!! so out of the three things mentioned in the above article, the most consistent thing in the show is PURAB, so if you wanna agree to the fact then you can MRS. Suri, that purab was & is there to keep the shows TRP's stable.

I  also dont disagree that they have dragged the drama & same purab without much backfround much too far for the liking of audience, and if a character is kept in the same state without any big changes or moving his story any further would decrease his popularity somewhat, but i think now they are doing something in life of purab. Lets wait and watch how people react.

Jammy.

as i said b4 these journalists are actually PAID to write good things. reality is otherwise. latest ratings have put jjkn in 3rd spot after indian idol  and kkusum. that too among sony's shows. star plus shows leave jjkn FAR behind. at one time jjkn was considered competition to star plus. today sony itself pushes jjkn back to 10.30 on thursdays. that may also not remain for long.

Morgoth IF-Rockerz
Morgoth
Morgoth

Posted: 08 November 2004 at 3:32am | IP Logged

No wonder the TRPs are low...the serial makes no sense and is BORING. Every character is doing the same thing at different locations. Be it Singapore or Maldives...it will be the same stupid story.Dead

I am not surprised Indian Idol beat out Jassi. Idol shows are always fun to watch. I really wish I had Indian Idol. Canadian Idol got over a couple of months ago and American Idol hasn't started again yet.Unhappy

Starryskies Groupbie
Starryskies
Starryskies

Posted: 08 November 2004 at 3:40am | IP Logged

Kanchi - Well i guess Purab Overshadowed Arman character a lot.

This was bound to happen as until the introduction of Purab all the other characters armaan, raj, aryan were grey…then enters Mr. Purab Mehra who is  totally good/white, a 400 crore business tycoon who falls instantly in love with a very ordinary looking girl, later follows her home leaving his business, city & brother….is at her service all day to pick/drop off at office, even ready to marry her when he knows she loves someone else… Indian audiences simply don't want to understand complexed characters n as raj pointed out guys r usually labeled as black or white never grey…

the serial was ruined with the introduction of Purab coz the whole thing became unrealistic n the essence of the story was lost!!Angry

MrsKhan IF-Addictz
MrsKhan
MrsKhan

Posted: 08 November 2004 at 4:20am | IP Logged
very very true! btw ratings are pathetic this week too!
jammy Goldie
jammy
jammy

Posted: 08 November 2004 at 4:35am | IP Logged

Originally posted by kshreya2002

very very true! btw ratings are pathetic this week too!

Yeah you are right Kshreya.

Ever Since the directors gave a hint that jassi is gonna end up with Armaan the TRP's have fallen. 

LOL

Jammy.

MrsKhan IF-Addictz
MrsKhan
MrsKhan

Posted: 08 November 2004 at 4:37am | IP Logged
where is the hint? i have missed it. the ratings have fallen badly since she agreed to marry purab. isnt that a BIG hint for the producers to kick him out? right now armaan is actually pushing jassi towards uncleji. 
radha_18 Senior Member
radha_18
radha_18

Posted: 08 November 2004 at 5:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by kshreya2002

Originally posted by jammy

Originally posted by radha_18

what makes you say that? can you prove it? LOL

I dont say it dear but the paper says it!! Err by the way Mrs Armaan Suri!!! LOL

Originally posted by Kanchi

New Delhi, November 7:THEIR baby has just turned one. And Tony and Deeya Singh could not be more proud. After all, post a brief TRP turmoil, Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin is finally out of the red. Shoots in Singapore, celeb guest appearances and the introduction of Armaan Sir's arch rival, Purab (not in the original Spanish screenplay)—it's been a long list of experiments to boost ratings. ''In a successful show, you can get away with a few stunts—some the audience likes, some it doesn't,'' drawls Deeya, the creative head.

So, now it is clear that previously shown guest Celebs and previously visited tours wont hold the TRP's later in the show, it is also a fact that not every day a CELEB comes in the show!! so out of the three things mentioned in the above article, the most consistent thing in the show is PURAB, so if you wanna agree to the fact then you can MRS. Suri, that purab was & is there to keep the shows TRP's stable.

I  also dont disagree that they have dragged the drama & same purab without much backfround much too far for the liking of audience, and if a character is kept in the same state without any big changes or moving his story any further would decrease his popularity somewhat, but i think now they are doing something in life of purab. Lets wait and watch how people react.

Jammy.

as i said b4 these journalists are actually PAID to write good things. reality is otherwise. latest ratings have put jjkn in 3rd spot after indian idol  and kkusum. that too among sony's shows. star plus shows leave jjkn FAR behind. at one time jjkn was considered competition to star plus. today sony itself pushes jjkn back to 10.30 on thursdays. that may also not remain for long.

True. Do you think i am going to TRUST the same media?

ides IF-Dazzler
ides
ides

Posted: 08 November 2004 at 6:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Starryskies

Kanchi - Well i guess Purab Overshadowed Arman character a lot.

This was bound to happen as until the introduction of Purab all the other characters armaan, raj, aryan were grey…then enters Mr. Purab Mehra who is  totally good/white, a 400 crore business tycoon who falls instantly in love with a very ordinary looking girl, later follows her home leaving his business, city & brother….is at her service all day to pick/drop off at office, even ready to marry her when he knows she loves someone else… Indian audiences simply don't want to understand complexed characters n as raj pointed out guys r usually labeled as black or white never grey…

the serial was ruined with the introduction of Purab coz the whole thing became unrealistic n the essence of the story was lost!!Angry

Thnx for the article Kanchi.....I just realised I have posted the same one....oopsConfused

Hey welcome aboard starryskies.....

...... its unfortunate that we are so at ease with grey/black that any hint of decent behavior seems ABNORMAL to us.....and so unaccustomed to seeing virtue that we have given up hope of finding goodness...............

Edited by ides - 08 November 2004 at 6:44am

Go to top