Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pj04 thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
Originally posted by: Minnie

Remember we rooted for Saif in Chalte Chalte?He was quite grey!!!!

We rooted for Shahrukh in Chalte chalte.Sharukh was shown so desperately in love and completely white before we realise he was as human as any.

unfortunately in both these cases grey or white , they were the only heros , there was no other choice so it does not apply in current circumstances.....now if you find ajay's role passionate then purab is playing similar role in jjkn.....so he is passionate too.

anniegupta_ thumbnail
thanks for the article kanchi...

... the way JJKN is going, as much as I'd hate this, I think jassi is going to end up with NANDU!!! 🤢
Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: pj04

unfortunately in both these cases grey or white , they were the only heros , there was no other choice so it does not apply in current circumstances.....now if you find ajay's role passionate then purab is playing similar role in jjkn.....so he is passionate too.

In Chalte Chalte,we had Rani's friend Jas Arora.We hardly rooted for him inspite of him being the best candidate.He was the one Rani was engaged to and was about to get married when she fell for Shahrukh.He loved Rani all through and stood by her.Remember?Well,No one seemed to mind when finally Rani chose to go back to her grey husband and not stick around her almost white friend.

pj04 thumbnail
hey she was married, husbands almost always win over lovers/friends unless they are completely evil, wife beaters and sadists. if ash was not married to ajay and we still had to choose, everyone would have rooted for salman khan's character in hum dil de chuke sanam( don't ask !!!the equations change when you are married by indian philosphy...has to do with commitment and stability issues)
ides thumbnail
very well said pj👏👏👏

hence comparing JJKN and HDDCS or Chalte Chalte is like comparing apples and oranges.......

granted that the Jas Arora and Salmaan Khan were best candidates in their respective cases, the fact remains that, unlike armaan, they never tried to put their beloved into jeapordy.......so the equation differs in their treatment of their loved one too......
Minnie thumbnail

Originally posted by: pj04

hey she was married, husbands almost always win over lovers/friends unless they are completely evil, wife beaters and sadists. if ash was not married to ajay and we still had to choose, everyone would have rooted for salman khan's character in hum dil de chuke sanam( don't ask !!!the equations change when you are married by indian philosphy...has to do with commitment and stability issues)

Puja,you answered your own question.Marriage is the equation here.If Ash was not married,we would have rooted for the guy she loved (Jassi is not even engaged.And as of yet not one mention of loving Purab.Even by mistake or slip of tongue,it was 'Armaan sir'.Concious or unconcious she simply doesn't love that man).

In Chalte-2,we all through rooted for the guy she loved.She too was going to be engaged to her best friend ( perfect white,stinking rich,v handsome,loved Rani to the end of the world and her best friend) when Shahrukh butted into her life.Yet we kept rooting for Shahrukh all through because they really loved each other.Maybe there also we should have told Rani,' I don't know how she could not see Jas' love.How can she do this to him.She agreed to marry him herself and now she is deserting him on the eve of marriage.We'll never forgive her.She should marry the one who loves her and has been so good to her all his life blah..blah..'.

Matters of heart simply don't work this way.

pj04 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Minnie

Puja,you answered your own question.Marriage is the equation here.If Ash was not married,we would have rooted for the guy she loved (Jassi is not even engaged.And as of yet not one mention of loving Purab.Even by mistake or slip of tongue,it was 'Armaan sir'.Concious or unconcious she simply doesn't love that man).

Matters of heart simply don't work this way.

that remains to be seen , as you said matters of heart are not simple, sometimes while we move on ,we keep clinging on to past /dream/memory bcoz it makes us feel secure or bcoz we are afraid to explore something new. it takes a dose of very cold water of reality to awaken us. as for jjkn, i would love to say she does not  love armaan(i don't know if she does, as for slip of tongue , has happenned with me so i know it does not mean a thing) or that she loves purab(not sure about that either). in the end we are still at a place where jassi has her foot on two boats.

different people deal with different issues differently.....there is no right way or wrong when it comes to love. the only issue is that if you are ready to pay the price for it and risk it involves, and if you think it is worth it (sometimes it is not and the price is too high). at least that is my philosphy even though it seems a little too cold.

Minnie thumbnail

Pj,that was really well said.👏.

And I don't mind saying I agree with you completely.There is actually no right or wrong when it comes to love.

Let's see if Jassi what price Jassi has to pay to find her true love and whether it would be worth paying.