Meet the parents-Jassi’s is undergoing... - Page 2

Posted: 19 years ago

Kanchi - Well i guess Purab Overshadowed Arman character a lot.

This was bound to happen as until the introduction of Purab all the other characters armaan, raj, aryan were grey…then enters Mr. Purab Mehra who is  totally good/white, a 400 crore business tycoon who falls instantly in love with a very ordinary looking girl, later follows her home leaving his business, city & brother….is at her service all day to pick/drop off at office, even ready to marry her when he knows she loves someone else… Indian audiences simply don't want to understand complexed characters n as raj pointed out guys r usually labeled as black or white never grey…

the serial was ruined with the introduction of Purab coz the whole thing became unrealistic n the essence of the story was lost!!😡

very very true! btw ratings are pathetic this week too!

Originally posted by kshreya2002

very very true! btw ratings are pathetic this week too!

Yeah you are right Kshreya.

Ever Since the directors gave a hint that jassi is gonna end up with Armaan the TRP's have fallen. 

😆

Jammy.

where is the hint? i have missed it. the ratings have fallen badly since she agreed to marry purab. isnt that a BIG hint for the producers to kick him out? right now armaan is actually pushing jassi towards uncleji. 

as i said b4 these journalists are actually PAID to write good things. reality is otherwise. latest ratings have put jjkn in 3rd spot after indian idol  and kkusum. that too among sony's shows. star plus shows leave jjkn FAR behind. at one time jjkn was considered competition to star plus. today sony itself pushes jjkn back to 10.30 on thursdays. that may also not remain for long.

True. Do you think i am going to TRUST the same media?

Originally posted by Starryskies

This was bound to happen as until the introduction of Purab all the other characters armaan, raj, aryan were grey…then enters Mr. Purab Mehra who is  totally good/white, a 400 crore business tycoon who falls instantly in love with a very ordinary looking girl, later follows her home leaving his business, city & brother….is at her service all day to pick/drop off at office, even ready to marry her when he knows she loves someone else… Indian audiences simply don't want to understand complexed characters n as raj pointed out guys r usually labeled as black or white never grey…

the serial was ruined with the introduction of Purab coz the whole thing became unrealistic n the essence of the story was lost!!😡

Thnx for the article Kanchi.....I just realised I have posted the same one....oops😕

Hey welcome aboard starryskies.....

...... its unfortunate that we are so at ease with grey/black that any hint of decent behavior seems ABNORMAL to us.....and so unaccustomed to seeing virtue that we have given up hope of finding goodness...............
Edited by ides - 19 years ago
Originally posted by Starryskies

i agree to some extent....raj, armaan are grey (as in almost black). while purab does have shades of gray (as you keep mentioning , he lacks passion, he is desperate, he reads diaries....etc, etc, not that i agree). the only difference between purab and armaan is that purab tends to put others before him while armaan is very self centered. i  find it interesting that nobody seems to be interested in prince charming these days when it comes to tv shows while everybody looks for goody-two -shoes when it comes to movies. when we pick other serials piyush loses and sujal wins (kth), karan loses and manipulative ansh wins(kskbt), samay loses while arjun wins(kdmh), simran loses and everybody else wins(astitva)....on the other hand people rooted for ajay devgan(hum dil de chuke sanam). i don't know what sort of message this sends to the society but this sure seems to be age of darker characters.  

as i said b4 these journalists are actually PAID to write good things. reality is otherwise. latest ratings have put jjkn in 3rd spot after indian idol  and kkusum. that too among sony's shows. star plus shows leave jjkn FAR behind. at one time jjkn was considered competition to star plus. today sony itself pushes jjkn back to 10.30 on thursdays. that may also not remain for long.

😕😕😕

Every Positive thing that media says for Purab is PAID!! and Everything media says for Armaan is not PAID and is TRUE!!!! How convinient

😆

Great Inside info 😉.

Jammy.

Edited by jammy - 19 years ago

Originally posted by pj04

True we rooted for Ajay because samaan was as white as him and basically ajay never tries to come between Aish and Salman.His love was really selfless.And yet he was so passionate!!!!

Remember we rooted for Saif in Chalte Chalte?He was quite grey!!!!

We rooted for Shahrukh in Chalte chalte.Sharukh was shown so desperately in love and completely white before we realise he was as human as any.

Ppl like Purab pretend to be more good than they actually are,even to themselves if that's the way they are going to get what they want.

But basic is,it's always so romantic and thrilling to see an obnoxious and ostentacious guy like Armaan fall for a girl like Jassi and is compelled to actually spend the rest of his life with her by his own body and soul.He thought of her as so much beneath him and yet that chit of a girl makes him realise he is nothing without her.
    We want a guy like Armaan to actually realise his own goodness and actually be a much more evolved emotionally.That's why BLF was beautiful.And Jassi too can come out if they can still keep the essence right.

Originally posted by Minnie

We want a guy like Armaan to actually realise his own goodness and actually be a much more evolved emotionally.That's why BLF was beautiful.And Jassi too can come out if they can still keep the essence right.

Agreed,

But dont you think that they have made a mistake by  pulling the story way too far from the original!!!

I too liked the original one, and it would have made a fantastic serial had they kept it to that story.

Look in Television there are two types of auidence one are those who like to see what the producers & directors wanna show and one who likes to see what they want(public opinions!). T & D's biggest mistake was when they shifted the focus from the previous audience to latter who wanna  see what they want. I remmember another show heena on Sony which went for a toss ever since it started relying on public opinions.

These auidence(poll selecting ones) are so fed up with unwanted twist, they want everything good, Also agreed to the part purab was shown too good, actually they had the character of michel to rely upon for initial stages(not more than 10 episodes!!), who if you see in BLF was very good to Betty, now michel was never explored so much as much as purab in jassi, purab is what people wanted to see after grey characters in the K serials, and they got that. T & D's biggest mistake they leaned towards purab. Had they showed his true self even if grey from the begining, let me tell you it would have been easy to digest the current twist and turns.

Now the producers are confused , they have lost thier previous audience who see what director shows if it is intresting, they have come too far on that, now they are not even keeping faithful to the auidence who wants to see what they want. Its a complete mix up and the TRP's have gone for a Toss!!

Jammy.