Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

India-Forums

Meet the parents-Jassi’s is undergoing...

kanchi Goldie
kanchi
kanchi

Posted: 07 November 2004 at 11:42pm | IP Logged
TELE EXPRESS
Sulakshana GuptaSulakshana Gupta

Meet the parents
Jassi's is undergoing a makeover and S. Gupta finds out what the creators have to say.
Sulakshana Gupta
New Delhi, November 7: THEIR baby has just turned one. And Tony and Deeya Singh could not be more proud. After all, post a brief TRP turmoil, Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin is finally out of the red. Shoots in Singapore, celeb guest appearances and the introduction of Armaan Sir's arch rival, Purab (not in the original Spanish screenplay)—it's been a long list of experiments to boost ratings. ''In a successful show, you can get away with a few stunts—some the audience likes, some it doesn't,'' drawls Deeya, the creative head.

With many Hollywood stars making appearances on TV, she wants to encourage the same synergy between cine and small screen stars in India. Her personal preference for celebrity cameos is apparent. Saif Ali Khan and Anupama Varma were roped into the show and, next up, could be Deeya herself. ''Ideally, it will be a scene with Jassi (Mona Singh),'' she grins, mentally chalking out the episode. Alongside, she's also planning another outdoor shoot: ''This time, it'll perhaps be in Maldives.''

But what's really on everybody's mind is Jassi's imminent metamorphosis, in the coming few months. And will she go western or retain the behenji get-up? ''Jassi wore trousers in Singapore and will do so again, when the occasion demands,'' says Tony, the series director.

Since Jassi's bete noir Mallika (Rakshanda Khan) is endorsing Satya Paul, we wonder if the show's star will get designer threads too. Of course, the creators insist Jassi has never felt the need for designerwear, so let's just hold our breath. What's also stringing viewers along is the debate on whom the transformed will wed—the dreamy Purab (Samir Soni) or the manipulative Armaan Sir (Apoorva Agnihotri). Insiders reveal that goody-two-shoes Purab will valiantly give her up, realising her heart belongs to another. But Tony refuses to confirm this. ''There have always been three options for her—Armaan, Purab and Nandu,'' he dodges, with a laugh.

It's not just the couple that's gripped with Jassi fever. When she's not grappling with shooting schedules, Deeya sews home-made Jassi dolls for relatives in USA! As for their kids, daughter Jia (8) is an associate producer on the show and son Jashan's (6) summer job will be to handle the clapper. ''The kids have always been lucky for us. If nothing else, Jashan will learn his numbers,'' grins Tony. He fondly remembers Jassi's birthday celebrations, when the whole family went to wish her. Whom exactly—Jassi or Mona? ''Call her whatever you want, they're both one and the same,'' he shrugs. Transformation or not, some things just don't change.

kanchi Goldie
kanchi
kanchi

Posted: 07 November 2004 at 11:45pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by kanchi

What's also stringing viewers along is the debate on whom the transformed will wed—the dreamy Purab (Samir Soni) or the manipulative Armaan Sir (Apoorva Agnihotri). Insiders reveal that goody-two-shoes Purab will valiantly give her up, realising her heart belongs to another. But Tony refuses to confirm this. ''There have always been three options for her—Armaan, Purab and Nandu,'' he dodges, with a laugh.

I knew it, they were casting Purab to hold there useless TRP.Akhi Ghum Phir ke wohi,THUMBS DOWN Down T and D

MrsKhan IF-Addictz
MrsKhan
MrsKhan

Posted: 07 November 2004 at 11:50pm | IP Logged
what new info is there in the article? i wonder why ppl imagined that it wont be armaan and jassi in the end? anyways for me the journey is torture though the destination will be what i want it to be. 
jammy Goldie
jammy
jammy

Posted: 08 November 2004 at 12:06am | IP Logged

Well,

Atleast now its clear to the member's of the Forum that it is because of PURAB what ever the TRP's are there, and that is why they are holding on to him.

Jammy.

radha_18 Senior Member
radha_18
radha_18

Posted: 08 November 2004 at 1:14am | IP Logged
what makes you say that? can you prove it? LOL
jammy Goldie
jammy
jammy

Posted: 08 November 2004 at 1:34am | IP Logged

Originally posted by radha_18

what makes you say that? can you prove it? LOL

I dont say it dear but the paper says it!! Err by the way Mrs Armaan Suri!!! LOL

Originally posted by Kanchi

New Delhi, November 7:THEIR baby has just turned one. And Tony and Deeya Singh could not be more proud. After all, post a brief TRP turmoil, Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin is finally out of the red. Shoots in Singapore, celeb guest appearances and the introduction of Armaan Sir's arch rival, Purab (not in the original Spanish screenplay)—it's been a long list of experiments to boost ratings. ''In a successful show, you can get away with a few stunts—some the audience likes, some it doesn't,'' drawls Deeya, the creative head.

So, now it is clear that previously shown guest Celebs and previously visited tours wont hold the TRP's later in the show, it is also a fact that not every day a CELEB comes in the show!! so out of the three things mentioned in the above article, the most consistent thing in the show is PURAB, so if you wanna agree to the fact then you can MRS. Suri, that purab was & is there to keep the shows TRP's stable.

I  also dont disagree that they have dragged the drama & same purab without much backfround much too far for the liking of audience, and if a character is kept in the same state without any big changes or moving his story any further would decrease his popularity somewhat, but i think now they are doing something in life of purab. Lets wait and watch how people react.

Jammy.

kanchi Goldie
kanchi
kanchi

Posted: 08 November 2004 at 1:51am | IP Logged

Well guys u agree or not but Purab sure made this show to increase the TRP.Varna i don't think T and D would bring back a Cameo character again on the show.Why he was brought back???Can u give the explanation????well if yes then i need it gurls.I Damn give about the ending of the show but i am sure for one thing, the producer are so much afraid to give the ending in favor of Arman cause look at the way they are stretching, if they were not then we would have seen the jassi's make over by now and she would have gone to honymoon with Arman and have two bache named CHINTO and MINTU.

Well i guess Purab Overshadowed Arman character a lot.

AND YES I 100% AGREE WITH JAMMY

ruta Goldie
ruta
ruta

Posted: 08 November 2004 at 2:54am | IP Logged
well...its not confirmed still is it???maybe purab gets her(whats wrong in wishing??)

Post Reply New Topic

Go to top