Nayi Umr Nayi Chunauti - Parvarrish - Agla Padav

India-Forums

DOTW: Bullying and Ragging (Page 4)

Freethinker112 IF-Sizzlerz
Freethinker112
Freethinker112

Posted: 06 July 2013 at 8:56am | IP Logged
@Shwets

Did he say that? That sucks, I haven't seen those episodes. But a parent shouldn't be too busy for their kids. And a kid should never feel that the parents are outsiders. If the parent's behaviors is making him think that he can't include them in such matters, it's hard for him.

BTW, I think I am taking this thread off topic. LOL
Shwets1502 IF-Stunnerz
Shwets1502
Shwets1502

Posted: 06 July 2013 at 9:20am | IP Logged
@FT

yes. jeet said that and upar se pinky wants jeet to speak with sunny...why not she herself speak with him...he is still a small boy...

that's fine...I think the above reason could lead to the issue too

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Freethinker112

Freethinker112
Freethinker112

Posted: 06 July 2013 at 9:28am | IP Logged
What happened to the good parenting of Ahujas? Unhappy
Shwets1502 IF-Stunnerz
Shwets1502
Shwets1502

Posted: 06 July 2013 at 9:34am | IP Logged
I think its drowned because of 5 crores...seriously..

jeet thinks how to prove himself to meera mathur...and is forgetting his family
Pritam-Das IF-Dazzler
Pritam-Das
Pritam-Das

Posted: 06 July 2013 at 10:52am | IP Logged
sorry not going point by point. I'm bad at that LOL

Well, in my views, ragging is serious and unforgiveable offence. If raggers do it because they have also been ragged earlier, then they themselves should know how does it feel, right ? They can feel the humiliation, the embarrassment and sometimes, the terror. Then after knowing themselves that how wrong they are doing, why do they do it ? So for me, its highly punishable. And ragging has been considered illegal just few years ago (2008-09 i think)... I think more strict rules needed. Only proper punishment to the criminals (yes, raggers are no less than criminals) can actually create a feeling of fear in the minds of senior students and the'll think 10 times before doing something cruel to a new innocent student!

A 17/18 yr old student, who first time comes out of the safe guards of their family and enters the world of freedom, college. They look for good companionship in the new atmosphere, rather they get humilated by their seniors ? Those seniors who should be friendly, should be helpful, who should help them setting up in the new atmosphere! Rather they scare them ! Why ? Just to show their so called domination or i would say dadagiri. What domination they want to show to the newbies in the college ? Why it is so necessary to make those new kids feel that someone more powerful is present in the college ?

Edited by Pritam-Das - 19 July 2013 at 3:39am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Freethinker112Shwets1502

Shwets1502 IF-Stunnerz
Shwets1502
Shwets1502

Posted: 06 July 2013 at 11:05am | IP Logged
@Pritam

Your point is so valid. Why is there something called ragging? Who started it? Was it serious from the first or has it turned serious now.

When a boy/girl enters college..they already come with a fear of new atmosphere..new stage in life and new responsibilities. Above that they need to fear their seniors? Confused This is wrong. Yes..ragging is a criminal offence...but if a student is already affected heavily..what is the use in punishing the person then? Should it be stopped in the first place?

Ragging is all above showing power to the juniors. But will the junior be more respectful when they guide them? 

Now bullying in school gives the same effect to the young boys/girls as to ragging to freshers in college. The level might be different but the impact is the same.

If there are laws for Ragging..should it be made more popular? Shouldn't there be more awareness. I remember in my college..there was an anti-ragging council..and their numbers were displayed at all major places in the college. Fear has to be instilled

Freethinker112

Freethinker112
Freethinker112

Posted: 06 July 2013 at 11:54am | IP Logged
Very valid points, Pritam. Exactly, a new place where student is looking forward to have a new outlook in life, he is met with rudeness to say the least. Don't get what pleasure do they drive from humiliating freshers instead of making them comfortable in the place.

Shwets1502

Shwets1502 IF-Stunnerz
Shwets1502
Shwets1502

Posted: 08 July 2013 at 11:54am | IP Logged
We heard a doctor speak in today's episode about how kids gets stressed and parents should be sensible and talk to them and not scold them. Very valid points. 

Go to top