Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 3 Page 4

Shwets1502

IF-Stunnerz

Shwets1502

Posted: 06 July 2013 at 8:13am | IP Logged
@FT

I am sure if you speak with your seniors in the same language u use hear..they will make you a part of their gangLOL

1. Ragging in college has definitely become a tradition and with so many anti-ragging laws and councils being set ragging has definitely reduced comparatively in bigger colleges..at least in my city. Ragging has become more of fun and 1st years anticipate too. In that case if the fresher is prepared and takes it sportingly..there won't be an issue. But if the fresher is weak at heart and mind..and very sensitive..he/she becomes the target. 

2. It depends on the level of bullying and the age too. The age here surprises me a lot. 

4. What drives the kids is the big question. There are certain kids who likes to dominate others...that small sign must be enough for parents to start controlling and guiding them. Preventing is what is more necessary now more than curing. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Freethinker112

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "DOTW: Bullying and Ragging (Page 2)" in Nayi Umr Nayi Chunauti - Parvarrish - Agla Padav forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Krani

IF-Dazzler

Krani

Posted: 06 July 2013 at 8:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Shwets1502

@Krani

Wonderful pointsSmile

#Courage Yes..they want to exercise their power and control over others. But at such an young age is what is surprising. It is definitely possible..there are kids who like to bully their younger siblings...but to do that to some other young boy in the school definitely needs the courage. 

#Mental state Yes. The kid's mental state is very fragile and they are actually easy picking for the bullying boys. Parents and teachers have to play a huge role in helping that kid come out of that state instead of making things worse for them.

#Ragging Yes..ragging is another extreme which is taken seriously by colleges but it is not been able to be banned completely. Schools too shud take actions and steps to see that things like bullying does not happen in school

I'd have to disagree with your first point. 
See, when a person bullies another individual, they're doing something they shouldn't be doing,...personally, I won't look at it as courage, rather as cowardice, but that's my personal opinion. 

It's often easier for kids these age to be swayed and turn extremely mean towards another individual. Mostly because the kids are unsure about the line between right and/or wrong, they are unsure whether they should stand up and say "no" to the bully, and they are also scared that if they don't encourage/support the bully, they may be the butt of the joke for their whole schooling time - something no kid wants. 

Also the "bystander affect"...no one wants to be the first person to stand up for what's right...so they let the victim experience the pain. 

I am sure that the child bullying Sunny may have his own problems or whatever, but I won't label his need for wanting to make Sunny feel inferior as courage...
He knows that Sunny won't tell anyone, he knows he's got the power...all of this is feeding into his mind and making him continue to torment the child. 

It's also the bully's own fear of the control slipping away that makes him do more terrible things and constantly remind Sunny that the bully is in control.

Edited by Krani - 06 July 2013 at 8:14am

Shwets1502

nirmita

nirmita

Posted: 06 July 2013 at 8:17am | IP Logged
 I was bullied by my own class mates unfortunately nor my parents helped me nor teachers each and every person used to judge me wrong and talk to me in insulted way .i can very well relate the situation with sunny you tend to loose all your confidence in yourself one tries to hurt himself /herself .this condition was with me for 4 yrs . and i never wanted history to repeat but same thing is happening to my both sons. the problems lies in education law the area where you live you can send your kids only in that school which is your home school to transfer the kids in another school you need principal recommendation  but in my kids situation its the principal who is the culprit .not able to understand what i shd do?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

KraniShwets1502

Krani

IF-Dazzler

Krani

Posted: 06 July 2013 at 8:19am | IP Logged
Also, I would like to add that children at this age are also unaware of the ramifications of their actions and/or words. 
Sure Sunny's case may be something that's not experienced daily, however I know that my cousin was bullied at the age of 9 for something so small!

Heck, I was bullied at the age of 8 for standing up for a girl who was being bullied, and as a result the whole class turned against me. 

So these scenarios are entirely possible :P

~K

Edited by Krani - 06 July 2013 at 8:19am

Shwets1502

Shwets1502

IF-Stunnerz

Shwets1502

Posted: 06 July 2013 at 8:21am | IP Logged
@Krani

I do understand what you are saying. But don't you think to exercise the power one needs courage? You know you have the power...but to use it in school..in front of other students..one definitely needs courage too. That's what i feel. Smile I do agree that it is not courage alone. 

Definitely the bullying boys have some problems which the parents haven't noticed. Teachers should focus on the kids behaviour and just not studies. 

Yes..fear of the kid is the food for the bullying boys. 

I am wondering how they will end this track. I want them to address all the issues and just not Sunny's. 

Krani

Shwets1502

IF-Stunnerz

Shwets1502

Posted: 06 July 2013 at 8:23am | IP Logged
@nirmita

I am sorry to hear what you had to go through and what your sons are going through. But can I ask you why your sons have to go through it? Is it difficult to stand up to those who are bullying? I am sorry I may sound ignorant here...because I am. Is it that difficult to stand up and say NO to bullying? 

Teachers and here Principal as u say have to be punished severely if they support bullying.

nirmita

Krani

IF-Dazzler

Krani

Posted: 06 July 2013 at 8:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Shwets1502

@Krani

I do understand what you are saying. But don't you think to exercise the power one needs courage? You know you have the power...but to use it in school..in front of other students..one definitely needs courage too. That's what i feel. Smile I do agree that it is not courage alone. 

Definitely the bullying boys have some problems which the parents haven't noticed. Teachers should focus on the kids behaviour and just not studies. 

Yes..fear of the kid is the food for the bullying boys. 

I am wondering how they will end this track. I want them to address all the issues and just not Sunny's. 

Hahaha see I don't look at it that way. 

Hurting somebody else...may give you power, but having that power (according to me) is not equivalent to someone having courage..or even the result of someone having the courage to do something. 

Courage is doing the good thing and standing up for the bad...

Sorry if I am missing your point here, but I am unable to relate the power from making someone feel inferior as someone having courage :)

Edited by Krani - 06 July 2013 at 8:23am

Shwets1502

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 06 July 2013 at 8:25am | IP Logged
@Shwets

I feel the completely opposite, that will put more cross-hairs on me. LOL

(1) Some light fun and introductions is okay, as long as that spirit is maintained. But that's not what happens mostly.

(2) It's not very surprising, these things do happen at such an age.

(3) It's in some people's nature, some can't be changed.

Shwets1502

Post Reply New Post

Go to top