Diya Aur Baati Hum

SP: How characters manage monthly budgets (Bhabo)

A-A-S thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

How do our characters manage their monthly budget?

http://starplus.startv.in/news/6428/how-do-our-characters-manage-their-monthly-budget.aspx

With the ever increasing needs and cost of living, it is becoming increasingly difficult to manage a house. We got our favourite characters, who run their house so beautifully, to tell us how they manage in this badti mehangai! Hear it straight from them!

Ratan says, "After Ranvijay's father left us, it was very difficult to manage, however, I took charge of the situation and carefully handled our farming business. I remained honest to my work. My kids understood my situation and did not have unrealistic demands."

Bhabho shares, "I live in a joint family so I have to make sure I don't disappoint any one. I ensure that my family does not spend money on things that are not required. I keep a track of all the expenses that occur, and since I have been running the house for so long, I know what is needed and not."

Akshara tells us, "Everyone in the house knows the value of money. When we lost our house, we have seen really bad days, and we know that it is not wise to make frivolous expenses. Spend wisely and save well is the rule. Even while Naksh was growing up, I explained to him the importance of saving."

Gopi smiles, "We make sure that we do not waste food at home. If there is something left, we do not throw it away."

What is it that you would do in such a scenario?

Friday, July 05, 2013

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

A-A-S thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Ok, I know this article is supposed to be providing money-handling tips for people, and I guess StarPlus make it out as if the characters are giving the tips to have people connect more with the characters/shows mentioned. What they have written as tips from Bhabo is good in terms of common sense and actual money-handling, but in terms of Bhabo's behaviour in the show this advice coming from Bhabo is quite funny. ðŸ˜† 

To be fair I guess she does keep track of how much communal/family money is spent to some extent (i.e. the money that she gets from Sooraj, and things that are bought for the whole family like food). 

But in terms of her behaviour, she doesn't actually care about whether she disappoints anyone or not, most of the time she has no idea what is going on in her household and this includes how much money people have and what they are actually doing with it (i.e. she doesn't actually know about all the expenses in the family), and I suppose she would know what is needed and what is not in terms of things like how much food to buy, but not necessarily in terms of everything else!

So in terms of tips for people it is fine, but in terms of Bhabo's character in DABH it sounds somewhat funny! ðŸ˜Š
Edited by A-A-S - 10 years ago
Ritu- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Babho takes money from Suraj as others get sick when they have to pay for expenses. 😡
Tfs
thala thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
i have to agree with this point from bhabho
bhabho is very good in handling expenses
HalleNJ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
thanks for sharing...I agree with you Arti ji...
who will follow bhabo's tips 😆...she is degraded in the show, completely negative...I'm suprised even Anas @ Suraj said very positive things about bhabo in his recent SP interview...maybe he is 'forced' to say so ( as per current track as he is still unaware of LC)...I dont think it's right to get tips from a character which is portrayed as an unfair, not sensible, emotional, and biased person 😆