Originally posted by boreddamsel
I gave up DM so I can find time to talk to you on the side right
Oh thats why we can talk so much, u r forgiven gal.
Here are few questions.
- How do you feel now that your MOTW is coming to an end? Relieved, annoyed, happy ..? And the million dollar question is did you have fun??
A bit relieved, a bit surprised, I thought more questions would have come. and I did enjoy, Some of the questions asked here are not the ones I usually encountered in my other MOTWs
- Do you have a temper? If you do, what do you do to control it?
I do have a volatile temper. Nowadays I live on my own, so hardly anything happes to loose my temper, I think I take a deep breath and ignore something when I feel my temper is rising.
- Who do you think will win JDJ 6? Who do you think should win?
I donno, Shaan or DD. I would love for lauren to win, or shaan or even sid.
- If you were to pick the cast for P&P, who will you choose for Darcy and Elizabeth?
Hmm, there cannot be any actors who can do darcy and elizabeth to the T. There will always be something missing.
Since I am a bong who has been fed with the immortal chemistry or Uttamkumar-Suchitra Sen and have seen it in movies and never found a comparison, I would say Uttam-Suchitra.
Else don't laugh, but meg ryan and tom hanks, they made a cute pair who can do the tutu main mains of Darcy elizabeth.
from current bw crop: Abhay deol and Raima Sen. Abhay already proved his mettle to be an Austen hero by being Mr Knightly. and Raima too has proven she can be a classical heroine by doing the Tagore heroines and after all she is Suchitra's granddaughter.
Bipasha I feel has the sensuality and that look of elizabeth, if she would soften her features a bit.
Hw crop: Chris pine and Jennifer lawrence
british crop: I would love benedict Cumberbitch as Darcy and Kate Winslet as elizabeth, maybe in a modern setting with slightly older hero and heroine
Leonardo di caprio can be an awesome Darcy too.
- Have you done partner dances like Salsa, Tango, ballroom and the likes. Ever met a guy who can actually dance?
What was your experience? (I took Salsa lessons my first year in the US, and it was such a disappointment, until I once danced with the instructor, OMG .. was so hot, not the instructor, the dance.
very little, and its mostly with office colleagues so its fun. I did do some ballroom in a club once and I was standing in a corner and this guy just came and told me dont worry just follow my lead, it was latin night, and we just did some plain ballroom, cha cha. I found it very interesting. There is load more coordination than there is when two girls are doing a jugalbandi for example.
- Ever tried out belly dancing? I took one class .. my ex thought I should try it out, but I never really enjoyed it so I dropped out .. but I did enjoy shaking the coin belt .. that's all I kept doing during the class.
No class, but I tried. a friend of mine from dance class took belly dancing classes, she taught me some move, I did not find it difficult. I do try belly dancing moves in front of mirror. if I am not seriously practising for dance exam and all, I usually try to bellydance in front of mirror.
- Do you have a song in mind that you want to do Mohiniyattom to? I could choreograph and send you the video .. or we could even do a Skype session (someday when I have time). I was thinking that's a quick way to learn. Have you heard Alarshara Parithapam by Swathi Thirunal? Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful song. Ever since I learned it in music class, I have wanted to dance for it .. I recently choreographed a Mohiniyattom piece for that song .. really want to perform it somewhere .. but well, I honestly have not found an audience that enjoys such "dragging" music
yes, I was told that when I asked if I could perform it!
Instead I mostly end up doing Mohiniyattom for fast-paced songs, like Mausam and Escape .. don't get me wrong, I'm completely in love with that track, but its just too fast for such a graceful dance. Here's another question, when will Indians in general ever take the effort to understand and appreciate Indian classical dance? Another one. When do you think Sneha will perform a Mohiniyattom on JDJ6, and how long will it take me to explode after seeing that?
Anyways, I need to stop myself and get back to work .. so enough with the dance talk.
Try Kabhi Neem neem song from yuva, the beats are slow and very bong and perfect for MN. This was one of the few times geeta kapur actually got it right.
Then there is this song ayo re sajan sakhi from movie water. I choreographed a manipuri piece on it, its also beautiful. (recognise I am only talking ARR, he is really versatile).
The song Roja jaaneman7 kadhal rojave , its mood and wordings are perfect for mohiniyattam
any slow Khamas Raaga composition can work for MY too,try brocheva
Then Ennavale Adi Ennavale / sun re sakhi atleast the instrumental one should be well for mohiniyattam.
Mausam and escape is not at all fit for mohiniyattam, its for fast BN and kathak moves. and fushion with contemporary.
I would rather Lauren do a mohiniyattam and feast on it than thinking of the nightmare sneha will do.
- Ok, what's the next book you are going to read? What movie are you going to watch next?
I am reading some random romance novels, you know cheap stuff, will read them and sell them back to Kindle.
I am not going to start any new good books anytime now, since I have to plan other things right now,
The great gatsby, I wanna watch it next
- What are you going to buy on your next shopping spree .. shoes, makeup, bag, clothes?
Train tickets, travel brochures and keepsakes, My parents are coming, so I need to save money and so them my utmost control. But I might buy a shoe or two. I have plenty of the rest. truly plenty right now.
- What does one have to do to keep stalkers away? Is it that person's fault that their personality is so strikingly charming and irresistible that others are tempted to stalk them?
Give away as little info as you can publicly, but the only way one can keep stalker away is by being totally off the e -grid which is not possible in today's day and time. you have to hope you are so plain and insignificant that no one will bother googling you up, even in a fit of revenge.
No, it speaks volumes for the person's popularity and celeb status I guess. celebs only get stalked nah?
- There was a thread on DM about whether one can trust people to be honest about their gender. I understand hiding name, age and location, and other personal info, but according to you, what makes one tempted to lie about their gender, and even their race?
privacy and discrimination. Somethings you may say, which is perfectly logical, might sound biased coz of your gender and also there is possibility to flirt amply with same sex.
race mostly to keep preconceived notions away and privacy.
come to me, and we can together homewreck my team mate.
Congrats once again, Tanni .. I had lots of fun on your MOTW thread!