Andyloki thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
A lot has been said about what is coming vis-a-vis RV-Panchhi. There are a few things I would like to say as well

A) no one ever said Panchhi and Ranvir would get together as lovers. They have always been portrayed as the most beautiful kind of BFFS ever. Which to my mind is the most awesome, unconditional relationship in the world except perhaps a parent and a child. 

B) Of course there have been jealousies etc - but i got jealous when both my best friends (one a guy, the other a girl) acquired mates. it's natural. And then you grow out of it and realize that your relationship, the beautiful friendship you share will not be ruined by it. That's cause there's something so pure, so divine about a relationship that isn't marred by sex and romantic notions and expectations - like I said one of the greatest relationships in the world. 

C) I would jump in front of a car if any of my friends were threatened. Doesn't mean I harbour romantic feelings for them or want to sleep with them.

I appreciate that you guys have built up this romantic fantasy of Ranveer and Panchhi and will be disappointed if it doesn't come to fruition. Our intention was not to let you guys down or hurt you but the relationship we set out to show with these two was never a typical, lovey dovey, couple. Instead we set out to show the kind of relationship that you just don;'t get to see on indian TV or films.

TBP isn't and I pray never will be a typical TV show or go down a filmi, predictable path. We have always attempted to be as real as possible, mirror reality and the fact is in real life  most best friends are just that - best friends. If you want filmi romances and a rosy tinted look at young people, this isn't that show. We have always endeavoured to go into deeper layers and complexities vis-a-vis characters and relationships and we will always continue to do that, even at the risk of alienating and angering audiences who prefer more conventional entertainment. but we never promised that and even now continue to state - do not expect cliches or the stuff you see on YRF and Dharma movies and even other TV shows from this show.

My apologies if I have hurt anyone's feelings. But I do not, will not apologize for my stance and conviction regarding RV - Panchhi. 

Love (unconditionally, unromantically - the way it should be)
Anand

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Andyloki thumbnail
In fact I would say RV and Panchhi are lucky
Woh ghisa pati love story toh har couple ko milta hai
But what these two are getting is a unique, beautiful, real, love (make no mistake this is love in it's purest, most divine form cause it comes without expectations) story, the kind that is hardly told.

Effervescent_R thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
thank u sir for taking d pains of coming here n clarifying certain issues regarding RaHi 😃
..WitchGrave.. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Okkie dookie
Rahi will bffs yeah kind of truth that anyone would bbe jealous

we never promised that and even now continue to state - do not expect cliches or the stuff you see on YRF and Dharma movies and even other TV shows

Actually thats y we r more into tbp na bcoz their iss freshness in the show

But but I hope u r not going to make panchi a cry babby again crying for ranveer I dont want that
Rest depends to u ...
Andyloki thumbnail
NaughtyRa in the entire second season have you ever seen Panchhi as a cry baby
She's a strong, smart, mature girl and that's what she will remain :)
springkissed thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Thank you for clarifying all this. 

Yes, we are aware that nothing was ever put out in the open for panchi and ranveer eventually turning into lovers, but because of their chemistry and our attachment to their relationship, all of us have somehow grown attached to them, and always thought their relationship was always going to take a route for that of a lover. There is a reason I started liking rahi so much, mostly because of that ease, and comfort, and that easy chemistry. There are other bffs on the show, too just like kd and piddhi, and you also showed us the bond of yara, if you are talking about a girl and boy friendship, not all appreciated that but I certainly did. Maybe they weren't best friends, but we all somehow understood the pureness of that friendship, how ranveer was always there for kiya, how kiya found a real supporting friend  in ranveer. I don't know about others, but I definitely liked it and appreciated it. But, when it came to rahi, after year worth of rahi just being with each other, all of us have grown so attached to their relationship and their love for each other that for us, it's much more than just their magical friendship, of course their friendship is what we all love about them first and foremost, but because of such an emotional attachment, we see nobody being right for them except each other, Rahi has always been different from day 1 for us, it's always been kisha and rahi, and the thinking that rahi are also a lead couple. If that wasn't the case, then why wasn't it made clear that rahi are never going to be a couple?

we haven't always assumed that their jealousy was because of having romantic feelings for each other, at times we have, I'm not going to lie, but maybe it was again our shipper mind looking too much into the situation. and, personally, I fell for rahi because they were unique! I have never for once compared them to any YRF or lovey dovey movie relationships, their magical friendship is their uniqueness, but is it so wrong for us to hope that their magical friendship turns into love? I have never wanted staring scenes for rahi or anything because that's not what they are. but, why can't friends become lovers? and, since I have always thought about rahi relationship being so unique, I have never once thought of them being cliche because I can't think of anyone else who is similar to them. So, if you are thinking it's a ghisa pita track, and it's cliche, all of us think it isn't! Love just happens, so why can't it be between two friends who almost can't live without each other? and, we are saying this after a year of watching rahi, seeing their relationship grow and mature, with that our view and expectations have also increased! 

and, trust me, we saw nothing romantic about panchi jumping infront of a car for ranveer, nor did we see anything romantic in ranveer crying so hard when he thought he was going to lose her. We know that it was all friendship, the pure kind! but, we saw something in those hugs, we saw something in their missing each other, we saw something in their fights and how they made up with each other. we saw something where I am guessing you didn't expect for us to see to anything. but, we did!! At the end of the day, it's two different opinions regarding this, while I completely understand yours, I have grown too attached to rahi to completely agree with yours, my emotional attachment makes it impossible for me to separate that friendship from the meant-to-be-ness we have grown to see in them. Again, this all might come out biased, or you might not get it, and nor do I claim to know TBP characters inside and out, but this is what I'm saying from what I've watched and what I've interpreted. These are simply all our hopes and wishes for two people we have seen and adored from season 1, it's been a year, so it's almost unbearable to separate from the thought that rahi are not going to end up together. 

I'm not even trying to convince you, and I'm not going to deny that I'm hurt and feel a little cheated out, not that it's anybody's fault, but that's how it is! Can't help feeling all this, and I never thought such a day would come that we wouldn't get rahi as an end result, so I'm just a little too hurt and shocked. I can't say anything more, simply, thank you taking the time to write it and I hope for even a little while, you stop and understand our feelings. 

That's all.
Edited by coolpixie - 10 years ago
..WitchGrave.. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Andyloki

NaughtyRa in the entire second season have you ever seen Panchhi as a cry baby

She's a strong, smart, mature girl and that's what she will remain :)

Thankfully she has not been she will not be the crybabbyyy again
Thanks for clearing out 😃
relentless. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Anand sir, thanks for this lovely post.

Im going to be extremely frank here, there are some couples in real life that one always looks upon as BFFs, they are way too close as friends that they wouldn't imagine themselves to be lovers. I exactly know where you're coming from Sir, I've always been a fan of RaHi's extra special BFF bond but never seen a future for them as a couple.

I would like to see both of them exploring their lives with different partners, yet being there for each other forever. That's the beauty of RaHi's bond, and this bond makes them who they are, the main reason why this lovely couple has garnered so many fans.

I've been watching TBP from day one, and RaHi have not only grown on me but also made me realise the value of true friendship 😊

P.S - Sir, I would love an analysis by you on KiSha too as im a diehard fan of them <3
Andyloki thumbnail
coolpixie I do understand how you feel and respect that
But like you said you guys have seen them one way we've seen them another way
No way is right or wrong - it's just perspective

And I cannot grudge you your feelings of being let down or disappointed
All I can say is that was not the intention

At the same time right or wrong, popular or not, we must carry on with our conviction and our creative integrity.
I do not ask you to accept that or even forgive us or be ok with it.

But yes there is a lesson here too - in life we don't always get what we want
and that need not be a bad thing.
In the larger picture we may well realize not getting it was perhaps the best thing ever...
springkissed thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Andyloki

coolpixie I do understand how you feel and respect that

But like you said you guys have seen them one way we've seen them another way
No way is right or wrong - it's just perspective

And I cannot grudge you your feelings of being let down or disappointed
All I can say is that was not the intention

At the same time right or wrong, popular or not, we must carry on with our conviction and our creative integrity.
I do not ask you to accept that or even forgive us or be ok with it.

But yes there is a lesson here too - in life we don't always get what we want
and that need not be a bad thing.
In the larger picture we may well realize not getting it was perhaps the best thing ever...

You asking for forgiveness for whatever is happening was not my intention for writing all that, it was more for myself. To show that, what I have felt all along for rahi is also justified, and whatever I have felt along with alot of other people is also not wrong. and, it's good to know that you respect our perspective, too! so, even though this might hurt me to accept and say right now, each to their own! 

I can't help my perspective and feelings, as you can't help but carry on with your conviction regarding things. All in all, Thank you for clarifying, so we clearly know where things stand! Although, I would have appreciated it even more if this clarification came a little earlier, but it's better late than never! so, Thank you regardless. 
Edited by coolpixie - 10 years ago