Debate Mansion

American English or British English? (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 7

Page 1 Page 4
Page   of 7
Page 6 Page 7

~LiL*PrInCeZ~

IF-Sizzlerz

~LiL*PrInCeZ~

--

Posted: 13 August 2006 at 11:41pm | IP Logged
LOL LOL LOL

no party khala ji LOL

this discussion is overly biased...u ask an australian and he/she will say neither...cuz they perfer autralian accent english...lolz....every1 is siding with wat the r more used to LOL LOL ..us americans perfer american english europeans/asians(india/pakistan etc) perfer british...hehe....i jus observed this frm all our replies...and the canadians...some say american some say british...but tanaz di is right...them canadians r a mix...best of both worlds LOL LOL

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "American English or British English? (Page 5)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

bubble_gum

bubble_gum

Posted: 14 August 2006 at 12:35am | IP Logged
Lolz Lil Princez!!! LOL LOL LOL

We're all biased here!!! I was educated in a British school my whole life so I'm used to the way ppl talk. I love the way Brits talk - and its really cute on hot guys as a lot of ppl said here. Embarrassed

MNMS

Goldie

MNMS

Posted: 14 August 2006 at 1:30am | IP Logged
Javs Dadi jee.... we need a party.. whether opinions are biased or not.. u can't escape like this ...Evil Smile

an0nymous

IF-Sizzlerz

an0nymous

Posted: 14 August 2006 at 7:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by SpoILed BraT

i prefer british english although where i live, everyone uses american english

i think british english does sound more professional and it even sounds
more sophisticated... and wen u use british english, u sound more well-
mannered

Yeah. I live in Canada so I speak American english, but I prefer British english, it makes you should more sophisticated and more well-mannered.

TiN24

Goldie

TiN24

Posted: 14 August 2006 at 10:12am | IP Logged
My cousins live in london and they speak british..and when they do I can barely understand 2 words they say cause they talk so fast LOL
But british english is more-so "proper" english and technically is the right way of speaking english. We canadians and americans speak slang english and that's why its confuses the britsh. Wink LOL Big smile

Virgo_Stars

IF-Veteran Member

Virgo_Stars

--

Posted: 14 August 2006 at 11:28am | IP Logged

Being a Canadian, I prefer American english. Though british english sounds sophisticated and formal, i still prefer american english. Some people are choosing british english coz its formal, well thats exactly the reason why i am not choosing it.

Language is something that u use to express yourself. If you are not casual and comfortable with it then u are not able to express your self better. Tell me which one would u prefer to wear for a long time: a formal tight sophisticated party gown or a casual and comfortable pair of jeans with a good comfy top?

I would prefer the clothes that i am comfortable in and they is why i prefer canadian english coz i feel comfortable speaking in that accent. Though british english sounds good, i prefer american english for me coz it is casual and is more understandable Smile

Naina

Edited by Virgo_Stars - 14 August 2006 at 11:29am

cinnamonspice

cinnamonspice

Posted: 14 August 2006 at 1:30pm | IP Logged
Canadian english!

~LiL*PrInCeZ~

IF-Sizzlerz

~LiL*PrInCeZ~

--

Posted: 15 August 2006 at 1:53am | IP Logged
hehe....yup naina brot out a gud point..speak and like wat u perfer talking/understanding...cuz its more comfortable 2 u

P.S. american english is better Wink

Post Reply New Post

Go to top