Debate Mansion

American English or British English? (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 7

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 7
Page 4 Page 7

Krishana Tulsi

Krishana Tulsi

Posted: 10 August 2006 at 8:38am | IP Logged

definatly british english...hav many reasons ...first born n brought up in uk!!!! ...secondly coz it is proper english and becasue its more sophisticated...it is also easier to understand compared to american english as there are many dialects...and i hav noticed with my cousins in america its harder for them to speak hindi n gujarati wen they hav the american accent compared ith my cousins here!!!! LOL

ps: the worst one that ticks every english person [uk] ...mom ....its MUM!!

Edited by Krishana Tulsi - 10 August 2006 at 8:40am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "American English or British English? (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

bookworm.abhi

bookworm.abhi

Posted: 10 August 2006 at 3:59pm | IP Logged
I speak "american english", but i also like "british english". i wouldn't know which one to choose, so ill pick a third choice, english with a french accent.
I disagree that speaking american english alters the way you speak your native language. I have an accent but when i speak in oriya, i speak as well as any person living in orissa. so i don't really think it matters. That's just my opinion.

Minnie

IF-Veteran Member

Minnie

Posted: 11 August 2006 at 2:41pm | IP Logged
British English - it sounds more sophisticated and sauve. It more clear and easy to understand. American English is too nasal and takes quite a while to get completely used to it, inspite of the fact that most of us have grown up on a regular diet of Hollywood English.

OnlyHope

IF-Stunnerz

OnlyHope

Posted: 11 August 2006 at 2:59pm | IP Logged
I would most likely go with American English since I live here, but I think when I was in Pakistan...I spoke BritishLOL

~LiL*PrInCeZ~

IF-Sizzlerz

~LiL*PrInCeZ~

--

Posted: 11 August 2006 at 3:34pm | IP Logged
yes...fariha...u better agree with me Wink

lolz..another vote for american english..yay LOL

hira_187

hira_187

Posted: 11 August 2006 at 7:34pm | IP Logged
Well it is true british English sounds more polite and sophisticated actually. My sis said, even if you hear two british fighting it will sound as if they are just talking amongst each other ( kinda exaggerate, u know what i mean) but the Amnerican English some ppl hear in movies, TV or other americans ppl speak is kinda slang and not the real proper way. instead of saying kind of we'll say kinda like i just did previously. Even my british sis-in-law says that americans always use short way in speaking english meaning they don't say the completet sent. every word like the britihs they say every single word, no getting to the point. BUt mareican english if u speak it the prope way is def. better!!!

~LiL*PrInCeZ~

IF-Sizzlerz

~LiL*PrInCeZ~

--

Posted: 11 August 2006 at 8:49pm | IP Logged
yay goo hira another supporter Big smile

gooo american english LOL LOL

usachick821

Goldie

usachick821

Posted: 11 August 2006 at 8:50pm | IP Logged
actually english wasnt really an original language either, it was derived from latin, so technically its jut a whole blend of chaos, i really dont care what kind of accent you have, but the whole language is just really confusing to those who try learning it when they're 27-40's age range

Post Reply New Post

Go to top