Debate Mansion

American English or British English? (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 7

Page 1
Page   of 7
Page 3 Page 7

CuteFairy91

IF-Rockerz

CuteFairy91

Posted: 08 August 2006 at 9:03pm | IP Logged
I used to have british accent. Then I came here n now I speak american english. LOL LOL

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "American English or British English? (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

dazzlingdesi

IF-Dazzler

dazzlingdesi

Posted: 08 August 2006 at 9:53pm | IP Logged
since i was born and lived in America i would have to go with the American English....sum times when I hear the British English on tv I find it really weird on how they talk with that accent (this is not to offend anyone) even though that Brithish English is the actual English.....American English is much more easier to talk and understand

Chippeshwini

IF-Sizzlerz

Chippeshwini

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 09 August 2006 at 3:44am | IP Logged
british is better than american

here, i've learned to speak in american accent, and it kills my toungue Ouch i cant speak marathi well because of that LOL

british looks and sounds more sophisticated, and it doesn't really ruin the tongue as much

Lady In Pink

IF-Veteran Member

Lady In Pink

Posted: 09 August 2006 at 5:54am | IP Logged
British English , anyday!

Im probably saying this because if been studying in a British school ever since i was a kid, so have learnt to spell and pronounce words in a certain way.

Here, when you are appearing for international exams such as the O Levels (Which are corrected abroad) , spelling colour as "COLOR" would not be a wise thing to do, sicne the person who would be chekcing the papers would be British, and would take "COLOR" as a spelling mistake.

Ahem...and British accents do sound awfully cute on good looking guyzEmbarrassed

Morgoth

IF-Veteran Member

Morgoth

--

Posted: 09 August 2006 at 9:41am | IP Logged
Canadian English! Its a mix of British and American. Best of both worlds! Tongue

~Khizer~

IF-Dazzler

~Khizer~

Posted: 09 August 2006 at 11:18am | IP Logged
American english...........dont ask why will edit this later! Embarrassed LOL LOL

~LiL*PrInCeZ~

IF-Sizzlerz

~LiL*PrInCeZ~

--

Posted: 09 August 2006 at 9:23pm | IP Logged
hmm..laga ta hai british english is winning...dont worry...im here 2 fight for american english LOL LOL

i dun get y ppl keep saying american english is improper or hard on the tongue or tht we screwed up the british ppl's language etc etc..all tht is nuttin but false accusations...we r innocent...innocent i tell ya Wink

british ppl's english may seem proper 2 u ppl cuz many of u r used 2 it (since there r less ppl frm places using american english than british english here)...yea english was origionally the national language of england...but tht has changed...2day, it is the national language of many countries...not only tht it is the "lingua franca" of 2day's global market. so yea...with ppl frm all over the world speaking it, there must b differences in their pronounciations...itz natural...its almost like asking if a punjabi person speaks better hindi or a gujrati person...living in india both know hindi but one mite have a punjabi touch while the oter has a gujrati touch...neither is wring and either way hindi is still hindi (this mite not be the best example and if it isnt...plz dont come running after me with chappals and belans and watever else u find LOL)

all im trying 2 say is tht american english may not seen "right" to those used to british english and vice versa...but both are equally acceptable and proper n their own way

Lost_Soul141

IF-Rockerz

Lost_Soul141

Posted: 10 August 2006 at 6:43am | IP Logged
british english because i live in england! LOL its more polite and i find american english a bit drawn out (no offense)

Post Reply New Post

Go to top