Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 4
Page 4 Page 4

mist

Groupbie

mist

Posted: 21 August 2006 at 8:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Rindam

Now Rani Mukherjee, how anyone can possibly enjoy her company, is the big mystery. With a perpetually bored expression, crying at the drop of a hat, vacuums for entertainment, doesnt like weekends-

Ha! Ha! LOL that is indeed the big question.
Not a good movie , but I was not bored. I wish some other actor had played srk's character. He really does not offer anything fresh.

But while I agree it was not a well made movie with bad screen play, I like the story line.
Infidelity is the cause of about 70% of all divorces. The movie just tries to portray a prevelant social phenomenon. Of course, one wishes karan johar had steered clear of the soulmates touch.

Karan Johar should stop fooling himself he can make a movie on serious subjects and stick to mush and market it as much. Mr. Johar (who has never been married) should stop kidding himself that he can make an Arth

I dont think it is a fair comparison. They were not delaing with the same subject. Arth is about how the main characters cope with the situation and shabana azmi copes with the betrayal. KANK tries to tell a story of how the betrayal happens.

Originally posted by abhijit shukla

I am trashing the movie without seeing it but if KJ can trash marraige without being married, I guess what I am doing is logical extension of what he does.

Big smile
come on Abhijit, wont that be hypocritical of us. arent we all armchair philosophers giving our views on war and religion and relationships. Have we experienced it all? And is art not a creator's expression. We do not need eligibility criteria for an artist.
Wink
and on a sly note, if one has to have sources while quoting statistics, one also needs something more than referred inferences for conclusions.

Edited by mist - 22 August 2006 at 7:32pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "KABHI ALVIDA NA KEHNA (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

desikuri_Naina

desikuri_Naina

Posted: 21 August 2006 at 10:40pm | IP Logged
welll i watched KANK this weekend luved it yaaaar it rocked i am serious u guyz should watch it it was greaaaaaaaatt godddddd sooo jkz and sadd butt the bestttttttttt Embarrassed sooooo cutee

NKSUDHIR

IF-Dazzler

NKSUDHIR

Posted: 22 August 2006 at 12:28pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by mist

Now Rani Mukherjee, how anyone can possibly enjoy her company, is the big mystery. With a perpetually bored expression, crying at the drop of a hat, vacuums for entertainment, doesnt like weekends-

Ha! Ha! LOL that is indeed the big question.
Not a good movie , but I was not bored. I wish some other actor had played srk's character. He really does not offer anything fresh.

But while I agree it was not a well made movie with bad screen play, I like the story line.
Infidelity is the cause of about 70% of all divorces. The movie just tries to portray a prevelant social phenomenon. Of course, one wishes karan johar had steered clear of the soulmates touch.

Karan Johar should stop fooling himself he can make a movie on serious subjects and stick to mush and market it as much. Mr. Johar (who has never been married) should stop kidding himself that he can make an Arth

I dont think it is a fair comparison. They were not delaing with the same subject. Arth is about how the main characters cope with the situation and shabana azmi copes with the betrayal. KANK tries to tell a story of how the betrayal happens.

Originally posted by abhijit shukla

I am trashing the movie without seeing it but if KJ can trash marraige without being married, I guess what I am doing is logical extension of what he does.

Big smile
come on Abhijit, wont that be hypocritical of us. arent we all armchair philosophers giving our views on war and religion and relationships. Have we experienced it all? And is art not a creator's expression. We do not need eligibility criteria for an artist.
Wink
and on a sly note, if one has to have sources while quoting statistics, one also needs something more than inferred references for conclusions.

Abhijit, whether KJ is married or not is not the issue. Directors do not have to have practical experience on every subject matter of their movies.  We have not experienced EMR in our lives doesn't mean its not happening out there. It is happening Left-Right and everywhere; difference is some people hide it and others just freely having these relationships. The fact that EMRs are wrong, doesn't  stop it from happening. Karan Johar tried to bring it on Indian Cinema, first time. I would give him a due credit to take a risk of making a Societal Challenged movie and people are watching it like crazy. Speaking about watching with a family, I think there was enough preview was shown before the release. Audiene knew before they went to theatres with theire little kids that this is not a family mmivy. Mintue I find out about the scenes, I stopped my kids to watch it with me. There were few things wrong like Child abuse etc which I don't think was necessary at all.

Edited by NKSUDHIR - 22 August 2006 at 12:29pm

Rindam

Rindam

Posted: 22 August 2006 at 1:05pm | IP Logged
Karan Johar tried to bring it on Indian Cinema, first time.

It's a first for Karan Johar (who is only two films old prior as a director) but not for Indian cinema. There have been several movies on divorce and relationships, love and affairs in Indian cinema. Consider regional cinema as well. There was a wonderful Marathi movie with Vikram Gokhale as the lead.

Now the point about wether we have experiance about every film we make. I agree it is not necessary for Mani Ratnam to have gotten himself captured to make a Roja. But the way he fleshed out each character, including the terrorists point of view was done with a certain level of maturity.

Johar's attempt seemed too shallow. Maybe he meant more but couldnt get it across.

Other than being boring a serious dislike from my end was the reason that he was unable to portray the trauma of a divorce or an unhappy marraige.

Rindam

Rindam

Posted: 22 August 2006 at 1:10pm | IP Logged
I often wonder of this infedility question.

If one spends a long time with someone, and infedility happens, will they end up seperate? I dont know, I maybe wrong but it might be hard for me to divorce even if my husband cheats on me.

lachi

IF-Dazzler

lachi

Posted: 22 August 2006 at 1:41pm | IP Logged
i find that although he loved rani he had a commitment to pretty and his child i mean hello u hae a achild u cant walk out like that i mean how they show the child is like if he doesnt mean anything to him only a lil i mean rani had a commitment to abi and sha to a CHILD and prettyand he shouldnt have fallen for another woman its bad u are in a relationship married and happy stay it Tongue

NKSUDHIR

IF-Dazzler

NKSUDHIR

Posted: 22 August 2006 at 1:43pm | IP Logged

If one spends a long time with someone, and infedility happens, will they end up seperate? I dont know, I maybe wrong but it might be hard for me to divorce even if my husband cheats on me.

I agree with you. Some people make intentional mistakes others unintentional. One should not divorce the spouse without knowing the exact reason for their infidelity. Sometimes what we see is not true. Spouses should analyse the whole situation before come to a conclusion.

We all try to blame others for separation or EMR or divorce. If we see the problem inside out from our side then we will find out that Yes, we have some flaws too that lead our spouses to go behid us. and make abitter decision. Not that it happened in my family but I have seen its happening around us: whether we live in Indian Society or Western Society.

mist

Groupbie

mist

Posted: 22 August 2006 at 8:07pm | IP Logged

Johar's attempt seemed too shallow. Maybe he meant more but couldnt get it across.

Other than being boring a serious dislike from my end was the reason that he was unable to portray the trauma of a divorce or an unhappy marraige.

Agree Rindam that the movie is not well made. But I would like to give Karan Johar some credit for not making this a bad husband/slutty wife thing. He has tried to tell the story as is without establishing a good side or a bad side. That is left to the discretion of the viewer. The movie does not promote extra marital relationships.

Interesting thought really . we could probably do a poll on it.
what is the most difficult to ignore in a relationship and might lead to separation - emr, physical abuse, waning emotional support..

Post Reply New Post

Go to top