KABHI ALVIDA NA KEHNA (Page 2)

sowmyaa IF-Dazzler
sowmyaa
sowmyaa

Posted: 09 August 2006 at 12:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by abhijit shukla

Originally posted by guess_gallery

<P><SPAN></SPAN><B><SPAN><O:P></O:P></SPAN>
<P><SPAN>My views:- if a girl makes a commitment and married to some one and is happy then there is only 0.01% chances but a guy can get attracted by someone easily and may fall in love with someone even he is happily married, percentage will be not high but 25-30% guys will fall easily. <O:P></O:P></SPAN>
<P><B><SPAN><O:P></O:P></SPAN>

...and you are saying this based on a detailed cross-sectional demographical survey of how many thousand couples and over a period of how many years? (When you say 0.01%, it implies at least 10000)

Tongue Embarrassed LOL

PS- Above emotions were not meant for spamming. really Smile

Edited by sowmyaa - 09 August 2006 at 2:20pm
teenindia_usa IF-Sizzlerz
teenindia_usa
teenindia_usa

Posted: 11 August 2006 at 5:30pm | IP Logged
opinions on movie.
Rindam Senior Member
Rindam
Rindam

Posted: 13 August 2006 at 7:58pm | IP Logged
Back after a while but after watching KANK I just couldnt resist from warning all the fellow IF members out here, sp SRK fans.
GEEZ- What an idiotic movie

A conveniant excursion from the vows of marraige trying to exalt as love. Petty people who cheat on their spouses (and blame them for it) are excused because they are soulmates.

The institution of marraige is questioned to glorify love, or should I say ridiculousness-

What a waste of time.

SRK had a pathetic character to portray (really a sad day for all SRK fans, his energy from the DDLJ days, humor, everything is just lost). Treats his wife like rubbish, gives her no support whatsoever (while expecting a lot more of it in return) and has no love that seemed evident to me anyway for his family (abuses his child thinking its funny).
The jerk however has all the love in the world for a heavily made up bored looking woman he just met at the train station. They both read books on how to salvage relationships. Above all, they both like blue, see they agree on things.

Now Rani Mukherjee, how anyone can possibly enjoy her company, is the big mystery. With a perpetually bored expression, crying at the drop of a hat, vacuums for entertainment, doesnt like weekends-

Overall a warped set up.

Crap movie trying to pass off as if it were preaching love to the world, but only to make money off the overseas market.

Karan Johar should stop fooling himself he can make a movie on serious subjects and stick to mush and market it as much. Mr. Johar (who has never been married) should stop kidding himself that he can make an Arth
Singh23 IF-Dazzler
Singh23
Singh23

Posted: 19 August 2006 at 7:15pm | IP Logged
i just saw kank, i thogh it was a good movie, cheating on your wife or husband is wrong that is stated in the movie. i think marriage is more than about "unquestionable love" as the movie put it, and i think more factor then love should be considered before people get married.....manly becuase some people i think confuse love and lust.
SolidSnake IF-Rockerz
SolidSnake
SolidSnake

Posted: 21 August 2006 at 2:25am | IP Logged

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1912435.cms

Not all extra-marital affairs end the way it does in Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna (KANK). Take the case of a Thane resident who stabbed and shot his wife because she did not allow him to marry another girl he loved. The irony is that the incident took place after the couple had just watched KANK .

Confused

Rindam Senior Member
Rindam
Rindam

Posted: 21 August 2006 at 2:51pm | IP Logged
I am glad you came to that decision Abhijit. But to be fair, some people did like it for music and Abhishek Bachchan. However 32$ and driving is really a waste.I loved the way you trashed the movie too LOL
Really, very shallow characterization and too boring.

SS- That is really horrible that someone would kill their wife. Its insane.
simi1295 Goldie
simi1295
simi1295

Posted: 21 August 2006 at 3:14pm | IP Logged
OMG.. KANK was so stupid. Thr was nothing in the movie, what is wrong with Shah Rukh, why would he do a movie like this.. I was heart broken to see him in this movie. this movie only teaches you one thing and thats how to have Sex out side of marriage. They are not soul mates, they just wanted to get out of thr marriage and they did by being with eachoter. i love abhi and the only person i loved in the movie. what is wrong with karan, going from "all about loving your parents" to crap like KANH, is a big shock. dont even watch this movie on dvd, let alond in the theaters
NKSUDHIR IF-Dazzler
NKSUDHIR
NKSUDHIR

Posted: 21 August 2006 at 3:22pm | IP Logged
KANK is a movie with a weird story and script. There are so many things wrong in the movie like Extra-marital relationsship or Living-In Relationship, Child Abuse, Old Man Flirts with girls etc.

But in general, these things do happen in Western society and in Indian society as well. Friendship, Love, Trust, Loyalty, Instituition of marriage, these words only has value in families where luckily or with God's Blessings, husband wife are made for each other and they live and die for each other. Main things  in Indian families were COMPROMISE and ADJUSTMENT which most of the young couples are missing these days. Our parents were more compromising than us and our kids will be less comromising than us. This is the fact of KALYUG believe it or not. Many faliries are happily married but there are still many families where there is EMR, Betrayal, lies and other things.

Edited by NKSUDHIR - 21 August 2006 at 3:23pm

Go to top