KABHI ALVIDA NA KEHNA - Page 2

Posted: 17 years ago
i just saw kank, i thogh it was a good movie, cheating on your wife or husband is wrong that is stated in the movie. i think marriage is more than about "unquestionable love" as the movie put it, and i think more factor then love should be considered before people get married.....manly becuase some people i think confuse love and lust.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1912435.cms

Not all extra-marital affairs end the way it does in Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna (KANK). Take the case of a Thane resident who stabbed and shot his wife because she did not allow him to marry another girl he loved. The irony is that the incident took place after the couple had just watched KANK .

😕

I am glad you came to that decision Abhijit. But to be fair, some people did like it for music and Abhishek Bachchan. However 32$ and driving is really a waste.I loved the way you trashed the movie too 😆
Really, very shallow characterization and too boring.

SS- That is really horrible that someone would kill their wife. Its insane.
OMG.. KANK was so stupid. Thr was nothing in the movie, what is wrong with Shah Rukh, why would he do a movie like this.. I was heart broken to see him in this movie. this movie only teaches you one thing and thats how to have Sex out side of marriage. They are not soul mates, they just wanted to get out of thr marriage and they did by being with eachoter. i love abhi and the only person i loved in the movie. what is wrong with karan, going from "all about loving your parents" to crap like KANH, is a big shock. dont even watch this movie on dvd, let alond in the theaters
KANK is a movie with a weird story and script. There are so many things wrong in the movie like Extra-marital relationsship or Living-In Relationship, Child Abuse, Old Man Flirts with girls etc.

But in general, these things do happen in Western society and in Indian society as well. Friendship, Love, Trust, Loyalty, Instituition of marriage, these words only has value in families where luckily or with God's Blessings, husband wife are made for each other and they live and die for each other. Main things  in Indian families were COMPROMISE and ADJUSTMENT which most of the young couples are missing these days. Our parents were more compromising than us and our kids will be less comromising than us. This is the fact of KALYUG believe it or not. Many faliries are happily married but there are still many families where there is EMR, Betrayal, lies and other things. Edited by NKSUDHIR - 17 years ago
Originally posted by Rindam

Now Rani Mukherjee, how anyone can possibly enjoy her company, is the big mystery. With a perpetually bored expression, crying at the drop of a hat, vacuums for entertainment, doesnt like weekends-

Ha! Ha! 😆 that is indeed the big question.
Not a good movie , but I was not bored. I wish some other actor had played srk's character. He really does not offer anything fresh.

But while I agree it was not a well made movie with bad screen play, I like the story line.
Infidelity is the cause of about 70% of all divorces. The movie just tries to portray a prevelant social phenomenon. Of course, one wishes karan johar had steered clear of the soulmates touch.

Originally posted by Rindam

Karan Johar should stop fooling himself he can make a movie on serious subjects and stick to mush and market it as much. Mr. Johar (who has never been married) should stop kidding himself that he can make an Arth

I dont think it is a fair comparison. They were not delaing with the same subject. Arth is about how the main characters cope with the situation and shabana azmi copes with the betrayal. KANK tries to tell a story of how the betrayal happens.

Originally posted by abhijit shukla

I am trashing the movie without seeing it but if KJ can trash marraige without being married, I guess what I am doing is logical extension of what he does.

😃
come on Abhijit, wont that be hypocritical of us. arent we all armchair philosophers giving our views on war and religion and relationships. Have we experienced it all? And is art not a creator's expression. We do not need eligibility criteria for an artist.
😉
and on a sly note, if one has to have sources while quoting statistics, one also needs something more than referred inferences for conclusions. Edited by mist - 17 years ago
welll i watched KANK this weekend luved it yaaaar it rocked i am serious u guyz should watch it it was greaaaaaaaatt godddddd sooo jkz and sadd butt the bestttttttttt 😳 sooooo cutee

Originally posted by mist

Ha! Ha! 😆 that is indeed the big question.
Not a good movie , but I was not bored. I wish some other actor had played srk's character. He really does not offer anything fresh.

But while I agree it was not a well made movie with bad screen play, I like the story line.
Infidelity is the cause of about 70% of all divorces. The movie just tries to portray a prevelant social phenomenon. Of course, one wishes karan johar had steered clear of the soulmates touch.

I dont think it is a fair comparison. They were not delaing with the same subject. Arth is about how the main characters cope with the situation and shabana azmi copes with the betrayal. KANK tries to tell a story of how the betrayal happens.

😃
come on Abhijit, wont that be hypocritical of us. arent we all armchair philosophers giving our views on war and religion and relationships. Have we experienced it all? And is art not a creator's expression. We do not need eligibility criteria for an artist.
😉
and on a sly note, if one has to have sources while quoting statistics, one also needs something more than inferred references for conclusions.

Abhijit, whether KJ is married or not is not the issue. Directors do not have to have practical experience on every subject matter of their movies.  We have not experienced EMR in our lives doesn't mean its not happening out there. It is happening Left-Right and everywhere; difference is some people hide it and others just freely having these relationships. The fact that EMRs are wrong, doesn't  stop it from happening. Karan Johar tried to bring it on Indian Cinema, first time. I would give him a due credit to take a risk of making a Societal Challenged movie and people are watching it like crazy. Speaking about watching with a family, I think there was enough preview was shown before the release. Audiene knew before they went to theatres with theire little kids that this is not a family mmivy. Mintue I find out about the scenes, I stopped my kids to watch it with me. There were few things wrong like Child abuse etc which I don't think was necessary at all.

Edited by NKSUDHIR - 17 years ago
Karan Johar tried to bring it on Indian Cinema, first time.

It's a first for Karan Johar (who is only two films old prior as a director) but not for Indian cinema. There have been several movies on divorce and relationships, love and affairs in Indian cinema. Consider regional cinema as well. There was a wonderful Marathi movie with Vikram Gokhale as the lead.

Now the point about wether we have experiance about every film we make. I agree it is not necessary for Mani Ratnam to have gotten himself captured to make a Roja. But the way he fleshed out each character, including the terrorists point of view was done with a certain level of maturity.

Johar's attempt seemed too shallow. Maybe he meant more but couldnt get it across.

Other than being boring a serious dislike from my end was the reason that he was unable to portray the trauma of a divorce or an unhappy marraige.

I often wonder of this infedility question.

If one spends a long time with someone, and infedility happens, will they end up seperate? I dont know, I maybe wrong but it might be hard for me to divorce even if my husband cheats on me.