Sensational South

MEMORABLE Characters ! Name YOUR choice !

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

supercool3

Viewbie

supercool3

IF Crazy Co-Captain

Posted: 02 July 2013 at 12:03am | IP Logged

Hello !

I was just watching one of my favourite movies (for like the umpteenth time) and this question popped up in my head LOL It's so true that you tend to analyze a lot more when you watch movies over and over again Shocked LOL

We come across a lot of popular characters in movies. Some even earn the title of being "ICONIC" in Cinema History.

Favourites differ as each person has different tastes and preferences. It's very subjective. Sometimes a character doesn't necessarily have to be iconic to become a favourite.

Okay, now to the question:

Who are your most favourite/memorable character(s)? And what makes them special for you? 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

vinolya-Nakshatra--Raichu-sahi.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "MEMORABLE Characters ! Name YOUR choice !" in Sensational South forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

supercool3

Viewbie

supercool3

IF Crazy Co-Captain

Posted: 02 July 2013 at 12:15am | IP Logged
I was watching Neethane En Ponvasantham (absolutely crazy about this one!) Essentially it was promoted as a love story. For me the love story was there, but apart from that I also see the movie as Nithya's journey through Varun's eyes.

So who is my favourite here? Nithya Vasudevan Embarrassed

I remember when I first watched this movie, I didn't quite like where Nithya was headed with her thought process by the time the movie reached its interval. But as the movie progressed through the second half, I felt I was really able to understand her actions and why she behaved the way she did during the first half. Her character can be impulsive, a bit frustrating at times (I felt the same frustration Varun felt as certain points LOL). But what really stood out to me about her is how real she was. It's kind of like I saw a bit of myself in Nithya. Her emotions, her feelings, the way she carries herself forward despite the setbacks. 

I'm a fan of Gautham Menon ! And on top of that I really like how he characterizes his heroine. Be it Malini from Vaaranam Aayiram, Maya from Kaakha Kaakha, or even Jesse from Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya. But as much as I loved these characters, I didn't necessarily have any connect (for the lack of a better word). There was only appreciation from my side.

With Nithya, she's definitely not even close to perfect like the other heroines were. But she isn't unattainable either. I guess the real factor sprouts from the fact that she makes mistakes throughout the movie, but she learns from it as well. In the end, she emerges as a better person. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Nakshatra--Raichu-sahi.

vinolya

IF-Dazzler

vinolya

Office Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 08 July 2013 at 9:05am | IP Logged
For me Divya's character played by Revathy in the movie Mouna Raagam...  Theres no reason as such why I like her but all that I can say is I totally love the character and love the movie too...

And Viji and Seenu from the movie Moondram Pirai... woah... Love the characters just for the breathtaking performances given by Kamal Hasan and Sridevi!!!!!!! They were amazing!!!!

Similarly another one character that I wouldnt forget in my life time is the role of Kutty played by Ilayathalapathy Vijay in the movie Thulladha Manamum Thullum... Hats off to the actor for his highly commendable job in the movie...

supercool3-Nakshatra--Raichu-

-Nakshatra-

IF-Rockerz

-Nakshatra-

Posted: 09 July 2013 at 9:37am | IP Logged
Some of the characters which are poignant for the movie not necessarily the leads.. My list goes like

Yasaki (Vadivelu) in Devar Magan Cry
Karuthamma(Rajashree) in Karuthamma Approve
Viji (Prakash Raj) in Mozhi Dancing
Virumayi (Radhika) & Maayandi Devar(Vijayakumar) in Kizhakku Cheemayile Ouch
Manohar (Karthik) in Mouna Ragam Day Dreaming

In Leads:

Roja(Madhubala) Star & Rishi Kumar(Aravind Swami) Embarrassed in Roja Ying Yang
Father role of Rajini in Muthu Cry
Shakthi(Shalini) in Alaipayuthey Clap
Seenu (Kamal Hassan) in Moondram Pirai ShockedCryOuch
Maya(Jo) in Kaakha Kaakha OuchOuch
Vinoth(Dhanush) in Kadhal Konden Thumbs Up

supercool3vinolya-Raichu-

supercool3

Viewbie

supercool3

IF Crazy Co-Captain

Posted: 09 July 2013 at 8:23pm | IP Logged
@vinolya - Omg Kutty's character is unforgettable ! Shocked Especially I started crying so much in the climax scene while watching that movie. Highly emotional performance, and then the perfect background scores as well to accommodate the movie ! For me it's a classic ! Embarrassed

@ Nakshatra - I just realized I haven't seen many of the movies you listed for the characters you liked in supporting roles Shocked (and I call myself a movie buff ConfusedLOL)

I too love Maya, Shakthi, and Vinoth. Maya I talked a bit about earlier LOL

Alaipayuthey is another all-time favourite movie for me LOL Shakthi was a beautifully etched character. Her ideologies when it comes to love, how she's first reluctant to fall for Karthik and then later on her turmoils when she's not able to live without him. And then later on in the second half her insecurities when it came to her marriage etc were so natural. I think it was definitely one of Shalini's career defining moments. My most favourite scene has to be Shakthi's breakdown during and after the Evano Oruvan song.

As far as Kadhal Konden is concerned, Vinoth as the obsessive lover was compelling to watch. You sympathize with him at times, you hate him at times, yet you just can't ignore him and his actions. But the ending definitely leaves you in tears. That moment when he realizes that his love is only giving more pain to Divya, he smiles back at her and lets go of his hand and falls to his death. That ending always gives me chills LOL

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

vinolya-Nakshatra--Raichu-sahi.

sahi.

IF-Sizzlerz

sahi.

Posted: 09 July 2013 at 10:17pm | IP Logged
Karthik (Simbhu) in VTV - This one is special for me and close to my heart, as this karthik character fails in one thing but wins in something in the end LOL

Ananthi (Anjali)  and Prabhakar (Jiva) in Kattrathu Tamizh - Nejama thaan solriya and their love story is epic which will remember for long time cannot erase this movie in my mind.

Sakthi (Shalini) and karthik (Madhavan) in Alaipayuthey - Their potrayal of romance in one of the best romance in the history of tamil cinma, Thanks to mani ratnam.

Dr. Judas (Jayaprakash) in Yudham Sei - he only appears in few scene but he steal the performance what an actor!!

Vinoth in Kadhal Kondein - First psycho role which made me impressed

Vinayak Mahadevan (Thala) in Mankatha - one of the best acting by him villain na athu thaan thaan!!

Rama Krishnan (Jiva) and Saradha (Saranya) in Raam- This both two roles are favourite because i never seen in any movies that mom and son relationship is very stronger than this role.

Rajesh Sivakumar (Madhvan) in Minnale - Gautham Menon Gautham Menon made this role for maddy cannot forget this role!

Gautham (Surya) in Mounam Pesiyathey - The way surya carries the film is no one can do it!!!

Sakthi (Surya) in Pithamagan - He never does this comedy at that time like this he prove that he is eligible for everything in Pithamagan.

Sanjai Ramasamy (Surya) - Sanjay Ramasamy is the tailor made role for surya.

SivaShankar (Thala) - Another versetaile perofrmance from thala.

Deva (Thala) - Best formance of thala for all time without speaking he prooves acting.

Manohar and Sowmya in Kandukondein kandukondein - THe chemistry of ajith and tabu is very rocking i watch climax more than 50 times only because fo the i love the episode where ajith comes to tabu house to arguments starts in the end and finally in the downstari both of them run and hug each other.

Karthik (Dhanush) in Mayakkam Enna - I loves photography and i love karthik due to that LOL

Kokki Kumar (Dhanush) in Pudhupettai - All time best role!!!

Nalla (Kamal Haasan) in Anbe Sivam - THe dialogues of kamal haasan the way he speaks as nalla make us cry all time best role.

Senathy pathi (Kamal Haasan) in Indian - No words to speak about this role it is epic.

Ram (Dhanush) in 3 - I cannot forget this role dhanush acting made me watch this movie. Whatay performance.

ps keerthana (Amudha) and Thiruchelvam (Madhavan) in Kannathil Muthamittal - i love amudha role as it is showing the variations of acting from a young girl, Thiruchelvam role because he speaks everything from a writer view.

Anniyan/ Ambi - Epic role the best performance of all time of tamil cineema.

One thing i notice is in every movies karthik is coming a lot ROFL even my most of favourite characters is Karthik ROFL ROFL

Edited by Ravi. - 09 July 2013 at 11:02pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Nakshatra--Raichu-

--aarthi--

IF-Sizzlerz

--aarthi--

Posted: 09 July 2013 at 10:48pm | IP Logged
i just love Shivaji Ganeshan sir in navaratri...and bharatha Vilas...my fav movies all time...i wont get bored how manyever times i watch these two movies...

Vijay in Priyamudan and TMT just awesome...

ajith in citizen

vikram in sethu

Dhanush in 3 and kadhal konden

Surya in Varanam ayiram

keerthana parthiban in kannathil muthamital

rajini in enthiran...and many other films... 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Raichu-sahi.

-Nakshatra-

IF-Rockerz

-Nakshatra-

Posted: 09 July 2013 at 11:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by supercool3

@vinolya - Omg Kutty's character is unforgettable ! Shocked Especially I started crying so much in the climax scene while watching that movie. Highly emotional performance, and then the perfect background scores as well to accommodate the movie ! For me it's a classic ! Embarrassed

@ Nakshatra - I just realized I haven't seen many of the movies you listed for the characters you liked in supporting roles Shocked (and I call myself a movie buff ConfusedLOL)

I too love Maya, Shakthi, and Vinoth. Maya I talked a bit about earlier LOL

Alaipayuthey is another all-time favourite movie for me LOL Shakthi was a beautifully etched character. Her ideologies when it comes to love, how she's first reluctant to fall for Karthik and then later on her turmoils when she's not able to live without him. And then later on in the second half her insecurities when it came to her marriage etc were so natural. I think it was definitely one of Shalini's career defining moments. My most favourite scene has to be Shakthi's breakdown during and after the Evano Oruvan song.

As far as Kadhal Konden is concerned, Vinoth as the obsessive lover was compelling to watch. You sympathize with him at times, you hate him at times, yet you just can't ignore him and his actions. But the ending definitely leaves you in tears. That moment when he realizes that his love is only giving more pain to Divya, he smiles back at her and lets go of his hand and falls to his death. That ending always gives me chills LOL

@Supercool: Those supporting characters were sensational in those films. But my bad I made a mistake I should have listed Karuthamma and Kizhakku Cheemayile in leads. Those characters were the backbone of the films. Both the films had phenomenal music by ARR not just the songs the back ground score was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

vinolya

Post Reply New Post

Go to top