Banoo Main Teri Dulhann

~*~Dulhan's Article Archive~*~ (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 37

canada87

IF-Rockerz

canada87

Posted: 29 August 2006 at 6:53pm | IP Logged
Every young girl dreams of a good marriage, husband and in-laws. But sometimes these dreams turn into a nightmare and heartbreak. It happens too with Vidya whose world turns around after she marries Sagar. She not only has to face the wrath of her in-laws, but also her husband; she has to win her husband over. Screen spoke to the lead players Divyanka Tripathi and Sharad Malhotra of Zee TVs Banoo Main Teri Dulhan
DIVYANKA TRIPATHI
What is Banoo Main Teri Dulhan all about?
(Smiles) Primarily, it is the story of an illiterate village girl Vidya, who after a fairy tale marriage faces the taunts of her in-laws, her husband too belittles her for her background and education.
Why her background?
Being poor is a curse. Besides coming from a poor background, Vidya is constantly cursed,taunted and sometimes beaten by her chacha and chachi. Since walls also have ears, the entire neighbourhood knows about Vidya's woes.
What actually happens after marriage?
Having dreamt of a happy marital life, Vidya realises her dreams have been shattered after she marries Sagar. With grit and determination Vidya works against all odds and bears the wrath of her in-laws only to find that she gets rejected by her husband as she is illiterate and that she does not fit in with him. But with firm determination, Vidya is able to finally win over her husband's love and affection.
And how does it happen?
(grins) I will not disclose what happens.That's for you to see and experience.
Have you acted in any serial before?
Since I hail from the holy city of Benaras, I wasn't exposed to acting on TV. I am absolutely new to the serial genre. Yes, before this I have done a lot of plays for both All India Radio, Bhopal and Doordarshan. Besides, Sharad and I competed in and won the Zee Cine Star Ki Khoj.
Why didn't you join films?
Well that was not to be. Now that I am working in Zee TV's prestigious serial, I hope my career will take a turn for the better.

Who would you give credit to for Banoo Main Teri Dulhan?
I want to thank the people at Zee TV for reposing their trust in me even after knowing that I had no solid background to talk about.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "~*~Dulhan's Article Archive~*~ (Page 5)" in Banoo Main Teri Dulhann forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

*Shruti*

Global Moderator

*Shruti*

Posted: 01 September 2006 at 6:09am | IP Logged
Close Up

Divyanka Tripathi
Actress
</>

How did you get your break with Zee TV?
I have a very old relationship with Zee. I had won the title of Miss Beautiful Skin at their Zee Teen Queen contest in Delhi. Later, I also participated in Zee India's Best. Serials were a natural progression.

Are films on your mind?
No, not really! I hadn't even thought that serials would happen! Currently, I am giving television my best shot. Later, if I get good, challenging roles in films then, yes, I will move on.

What is your character in Dulhann like?
I play Vidya, a very simple girl, who always thinks good of others and draws her strength from others' happiness. She has a special relationship with Lord Shiva. Her personality is very bubbly but she is also serious and dedicated.

Can you relate to her?
Totally. She is a small-town girl from Benaras while I am from Bhopal. We both prefer traditional clothing and we both find our happiness in the happiness of others. This also makes it easy for me to portray her character.
I don't have to be too different from what I really am.

Any future projects in the pipeline?
I did get many offers; some for advertisements and even one film offer, but my schedule is so tight that I couldn't even go for the audition! Since I have no time I cannot make any new commitments, right?

What kind of roles do you want to experiment with?
Anything different! I could play the role of a mentally challenged individual or also someone like Kareena Kapoor in Chameli. I would love to do a negative role but I know that bringing about a negative thought process  will be very difficult for me.

*Shruti*

Global Moderator

*Shruti*

Posted: 05 September 2006 at 7:56am | IP Logged

If the ratings bear out this hypothesis, then we are destined to be burdened with new shows like Zee's Dulhann - Kya Vidya ki Maang Bhar Kar Bhi Sunee Rahegi? (Despite being married, will Vidya lead an unmarried life?) and Star Plus' Karam Apna Apna - Milega wohi, jo likha hai haath ki lakeeron mein (One is driven by the destiny and gets what is there in his/her destiny).

Those tag lines say it all. And both these shows, just a week and two weeks old respectively, are as soppy as they come. We have been promised that both protagonists will emerge stronger from their travails, but both soaps started on familiar territory - engagement to a supposed Prince Charming, the blushing anticipation of the demure bride-to-be, and her cowering reverence of elders that endears her to all and sundry. Yawn!

Give me the brattish Aanya of Jab Love Hua any day instead! At least, she is human enough to own up to her fiancee that she's just realised what true love is and is willing to sacrifice all her luxuries for it. Aanya this week took off for the village "Devli Nadi Ke Teer" in search of Raghu, dishevelled and frumpy, but your heart still goes out to her honesty!

Quite unlike the saccharine dripping heroines of Dulhann and Karam…, who are middle class girls but perfectly turned out, and drop their lashes bashfully every time someone speaks to them! The Varanasi and Kolkata ambiences created for both shows does nothing to dispel the bitter taste the heroines evoke.

Which is why, both Resham Dankh (Star One) and Thodi Si Zameen, Thoda sa Aasman (Star Plus) deserve a pat on the back. This is programming that exudes the passion and zeal that has gone into its making. This is story telling that will stand the test of time, even if not the TRPs.

Khatti Mithi

Goldie

Khatti Mithi

Posted: 05 September 2006 at 8:20pm | IP Logged
Star Spot

SHARAD MALHOTRA
Sharad Malhotra

Model man…

Is this 21-year-old. He's been in the glamour industry only for a couple of years, but Sharad has already got his face on several billboards. Expressions greeting cards to PC Chandra jewellers, Allen Solly to Vedic Village, the first-year B.Com student has an impressive kitty.

Mr India…

He might have been, if not for his exams. Although he was shortlisted for the contest this year, the St Xavier's College student gave up his dream for the sake of studies. Although Sharad admits academics is not his forte, he's determined to finish graduation first. He has already tasted crowning glory though — at the group dance events in inter-school fests.

Pat on the back…

Is what the first runners up in Face of the Year 2001 at Saturday Club and Knight of Nights 2002 at DI Club deserves. But not just for modelling. Learning an entire script for a telefilm in a language he doesn't speak — eight long hours in one night — and doing a good job of playing his part was no mean feat. But then, no pain, no gain is his motto. Shodh is now complete, and will be screened on a private Bengali channel next month.

Bollywood bombshell…

Is what the Shah Rukh Khan fan hopes to be, some day. But he's in no hurry and headed in the right direction, with his first national advertisement, for National Insurance, ready for release. No stranger to acting is the Capricorn, being a member of Kala Manthan Academy. The latest feather in his cap was playing Devdas in a Hindi stage version of the Sarat Chandra novel. English theatre is now on his to-do list.

Nothing comes easy…

Is the dictum Sharad lives by. He's no stranger to hard work, having balanced a budding sports career and school. The under-16 and under-19 champ played football and cricket for inter-school and other contests. Also played state-level matches, including Cricket Association of Bengal tournaments. Not to mention his penchant for squash and swimming. And although sports doesn't quite fit into his hectic schedule these days, Sharad is conscientious about staying in shape through regular workouts.

*Shruti*

Global Moderator

*Shruti*

Posted: 07 September 2006 at 6:36am | IP Logged

Dulhan

Kya Vidya ki maang bhari hokar bhi sooni rahegi? Zee TV's new serial Banoo main teri dulhann is the story of the protagonist Vidya, a naive, simple girl with idealistic notions. She has been brought up with love and comes from a poor background. Every Monday toThursday 8.00 pm.

The only shortcoming that Vidya has in life is that she is illiterate. She gets married to Sagar Thakur and become a part of the rich household. The fairytale wedding turns into a nightmare when the family takes objection to Vidya's illiteracy.

Dulhann is Vidya's fight to gain back her lost pride and dignity. It is her struggle to get back her lost honor. Vidya's married life is full of hardships and pain. She has to fight for survival in her own house. Her sister-in-laws make the place a living hell.

Her husband refuses to take her side. The submissive Vidya is lost in the jungle of unwanted relationships and unreciprocated love. Vidya's endurance reaches a pinnacle when she comes across a secret that shatters whatever is left of her dream. She is a stranger in her own house and an enemy amongst her own people. Will Vidya be able to win the love and acceptance of the Thakur family and become the Sagar's Dulhann?

*Shruti*

Global Moderator

*Shruti*

Posted: 10 September 2006 at 9:32pm | IP Logged
Addite shoots non-stop for 40 hours

But unlike other TV actors, Addite Shirwaikar hasn't fainted on the sets!

HARSHADA REGE

Addite Shirwaikar probably doesn't want to step out of her bed for the next few days. No, the actor is not ill, but she has recently shot for 40-hours nonstop. She is currently acting in Saarthi on Star plus and Dulhan. Addite says that she has always had a hectic schedule but this time she was stumped by the number of hours that she has put in. "i cannot believe that i have done something like this," she says. Adding to her woes were her scenes. "In saarthi, I had a number of emothional scenes and that made it really tough. I had to cry a lot, so i had to keep puttiing glycerine in my eyes. Even the unit members felt bad for me but they couldn't do anything because we had to shoot the scenes," she says. The actor says that she tried to drink a lot of water to avoid dehydration. Addite sasy that TV actors have to work long hours, as ther is no other choice. "Either there is no bank of episodes or the episodes have to be shot to maintain a bank," she says. Addite says she is quite excited about the way her role that of a evil sister has shaped up in dulhan. Says Addite, "When people hate you that means you are doing a good job. I've had people come and tell me not to play this character as she's so bad! I love it when people give me such compliments." But considering her hectic schedule, is hse planning to hit the bed for a few days. "I have rested a bit. Luckily, for me i can manage with just a few hours of sleep. i'll be back on the sets tomorrow. but i have to thank my unit members for helping me out," she says. ," she says

*Shruti*

Global Moderator

*Shruti*

Posted: 10 September 2006 at 9:36pm | IP Logged
Is TV ready for lip-locks?

Indian television has shed its conservative avatar. What is becoming increasingly common are bold scenes and themes unlike ever before

PALLAVI KHARADE

If Bollywood is changing, can the small screen be far behind? Not really, if some scenes from the serials are any indication. In Star Plus' Viraasat, there are passionate sex scenes between a married couple. In Dulhann, Vidya, a village girl is shown being molested by local goons. Earlier, Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki on Star Plus had showed the rape of a blind young girl. Even in Kasautii Zindagi Kii, Mukti, a driver's daughter was drugged and raped by Prerna's son. In Star Plus' Pyar Ke Do Naam, Ek Radha, Ek Shyam, Radha's fianc tries to rape her inside the hotel room.
   Such scenes apart, infidelity and extra-marital affairs are dominant on the small screen. In Saat Phere, the ghar jamai has an affair with the maid when the wife is away, a sure sign that television is taking big steps towards having bold content.
   Agrees actor Gaurav Chanana, "It is true that television serials are getting bolder. The audience is sick of oldfashioned family dramas, and wants some change. Also, Indian audiences are exposed to bolder stuff like Sex And The City and Desperate Housewives (Star World). As these serials are doing well in our country, producers of Hindi serials are toeing the same line." Sangeeta Ghosh, whose love scene in Viraasat was talked about says, "TV is a reflection of the society. As the society and its values change, thanks to the wide exposure to the Internet, it is natural that TV serials and their stories will get bolder." Director Girish Vasaikar doesn't think Indian audience will digest the bold scenes for too long. "Because of an overdose of melodrama, the audiences are sick of it. So serialmakers are trying to put bold scenes to increase the TRPs. But as people won't relate to it, these bold scenes won't work in the long run. Melodrama is here to stay for a long long time." he says. How successful the ploy will be, only time can tell.

parwan0

Groupbie

parwan0

Posted: 11 September 2006 at 11:11am | IP Logged
wow luv vidya she loook like my ..aunty..iranian aunty..!im beautifuler!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top