~*~Dulhan's Article Archive~*~ (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 37

Bani_ Pia

IF-Rockerz

Bani_ Pia

Posted: 17 August 2006 at 2:01am | IP Logged
Thanks!

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "~*~Dulhan's Article Archive~*~ (Page 3)" in Banoo Main Teri Dulhann forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Fallen Angel

IF-Sizzlerz

Fallen Angel

Posted: 17 August 2006 at 5:00pm | IP Logged
Aruneshwar, Sushil win gold
HT Correspondent
Bhopal, December 11, 2005

ARUNESHWAR SINGH Deo, RK Gupta and Sushil shared the gold medal of the district-level rifle shooting competition organised by Bhopal Rifle Club and Bhopal District Rifle Club in the City today.

The competition was organised in three categories including women, men and junior. Five participants from each category participated in the contest.

Appearing in the men's section, the spectators watched a close contest between Singh Deo, Gupta and Sushil. Such was the keenly fought contest among them that they were declared joint gold winners as they bagged 74.5 points each. Vinay stood second in the same category with 67.5 points.

In the women's section, once again, Divyanka Tripathi dominated the contest. Maintaining her splendid performance, she bagged the gold medal with 76 points. She has been dominating her category for the last couple of years. Rasleen Gupta had to content with the second position with 66. 5 points.

In the junior section, Awdesh Pratap Singh won the gold medal with 81.5 points. Aishwarya Triptahi, brother of Divyanka Tripathi stood second in the respective category with 64.5 points.

In the prize distribution ceremony, NVDA chairman AV Singh, Lokendra Singh and Rajesh Mishra and others were present. Bhopal District Rifle Club was declared overall team championship winner of the tournament.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/2005/Dec/12/5922_1571458,00150 02100010000.htm

</>

Edited by Fallen Angel - 17 August 2006 at 5:08pm

Fallen Angel

IF-Sizzlerz

Fallen Angel

Posted: 17 August 2006 at 5:20pm | IP Logged
Vijay, Varsha shine
HT Correspondent
Bhopal, December 18, 2005

VIJAY CHIBBER and Varsha Verman dominated the Bhopal Open Rifle Shooting Competition that concluded in the City today. The competition was organised by the Bhopal Rifle Club (BRC).

In the men's section, Vijay with his fabulous shooting stood first in .22-bore open sight 100m (application) and big-bore rifle open category. In the women's events, Varsha Verman claimed gold in both categories. It was a disappointment for Divyanka Tripathi as she failed to continue her performance and had to satisfy with the bronze medal.

More than 200 shooters participated in the two-day competition. In the prize distribution ceremony, PHE Minister Rampal Singh was the chief guest. Addressing the gathering, he appreciated organisers for providing good facilities for shooting.

"Apart from developing good shooters, the organisers should develop others who can give their support during emergency situations", said chief guest.

Aruneshwar Singhdeo of BRC assured all possible help for this purpose.  He announced that a competition on the same pattern would be organised in January in Raisen. ADG SAF Vijay Shukul presided over the closing ceremony. On the occasion, organising secretary Robin Dutta, Naeem Khan and others were present.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/2005/Dec/19/5922_1577263,00150 02100010000.htm
</>

Edited by Fallen Angel - 17 August 2006 at 5:20pm

Fallen Angel

IF-Sizzlerz

Fallen Angel

Posted: 18 August 2006 at 5:59am | IP Logged

Non-stop Divyanka

Newcomer Divyanka, who features in the title role of the Zee daily Dulhann, has already had a taste of erratic shooting hours. Dulhann was launched on August 14 and the title track was not ready till August 9, due to which the actress had to shoot for 15 hours non-stop. She has already started working hard, so don't be surprised to hear one more case of a swooning actress.
Earlier, the show was to be titled Banoo Main Teri Dulhan. But the channel decided to change the name according to the dictates of numerology and added a double 'n'.

BengaliChica92

IF-Sizzlerz

BengaliChica92

Mahi Way Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 18 August 2006 at 8:53am | IP Logged
Thanks

Fallen Angel

IF-Sizzlerz

Fallen Angel

Posted: 18 August 2006 at 5:48pm | IP Logged

INTERVIEW
Of Marital Woes

screenEvery young girl dreams of a good marriage, husband and in-laws. But sometimes these dreams turn into a nightmare and heartbreak. It happens too with Vidya whose world turns around after she marries Sagar. She not only has to face the wrath of her in-laws, but also her husband; she has to win her husband over. Screen spoke to the lead players Divyanka Tripathi and Sharad Malhotra of Zee TV's Banoo Main Teri Dulhan

DIVYANKA TRIPATHI
What is Banoo Main Teri Dulhan all about?
(Smiles) Primarily, it is the story of an illiterate village girl Vidya, who after a fairy tale marriage faces the taunts of her in-laws, her husband too belittles her for her background and education.
Why her background?
Being poor is a curse. Besides coming from a poor background, Vidya is constantly cursed,taunted and sometimes beaten by her chacha and chachi. Since walls also have ears, the entire neighbourhood knows about Vidya's woes.
What actually happens after marriage?
Having dreamt of a happy marital life, Vidya realises her dreams have been shattered after she marries Sagar. With grit and determination Vidya works against all odds and bears the wrath of her in-laws only to find that she gets rejected by her husband as she is illiterate and that she does not fit in with him. But with firm determination, Vidya is able to finally win over her husband's love and affection.
And how does it happen?
(grins) I will not disclose what happens.That's for you to see and experience.
</> 
Have you acted in any serial before?
Since I hail from the holy city of Benaras, I wasn't exposed to acting on TV. I am absolutely new to the serial genre. Yes, before this I have done a lot of plays for both All India Radio, Bhopal and Doordarshan. Besides, Sharad and I competed in and won the Zee Cine Star Ki Khoj.
Why didn't you join films?
Well that was not to be. Now that I am working in Zee TV's prestigious serial, I hope my career will take a turn for the better.
Who would you give credit to for Banoo Main Teri Dulhan?
I want to thank the people at Zee TV for reposing their trust in me even after knowing that I had no solid background to talk about.
SHARAD MALHOTRA
Vidya comes from a poor background. What about Sagar?
Well, Sagar is a Thakur. He is well educated, stylish, full of attitude and very arrogant.In one word he is a perfectionist. Right from food, to his dressing etc. Sagar wants everything perfect.
How does Sagar meet Vidya?
I will not disclose that, but I can only say that Vidya makes a commitment to my father (Raghavendra Pratap Singh) and she does everything to keep it. Then there is a major turn in my character. Viewers are bound to get a shock (between episode 1-11). This will bring a dramatic change in the serial.
You hail from Kolkata. What were you doing there?
I did my B. Com. from St. Xaviers College, Kolkata. In 2001, I was chosen as the Face of the Year-Kolkata. Then I attended a couple of acting workshops with Sarat Mukherjee and Nishi Arora (Kalawati Academy). In 2004, I won the Zee Cine Star Ki Khoj along with Divyanka and know her since then. After that I came to Mumbai and since then my work is being managed by Israni Communications (Raj and Amita Israni). With their help I gave several auditions including the one for this serial. I appeared for three auditions and later had to go for a 'Look Test'.Only then I was confirmed for the role three months ago.
What was your instant reaction once you were chosen?
Let's take it this way. Nowadays TV channels focus more serials on women. When I heard about my selection in ...Dulhan, I thought it would be woman-oriented, but after I read the script I felt happy. I saw it as a chance to prove my histrionics.
How many episodes have you shot so far and how long will the show continue?
We have already completed eight episodes and are working around 14 hours in two units. As far as I know we have been allowed to air for a period of two years.If the show fares well we may be given an extension.
So far what has been your experience working in Mumbai?
Two things. First, it has been raining daily since we started shooting. I feel rain has proved lucky for me. The next incident was a scary one. We were shooting on the Ganga in Benaras. We had two boats-one that carried me and the other had the crew on it.It was raining cats and dogs and it was just the right atmosphere we needed for the shot. But then suddenly my boat tilted and I fell into the water.I was shocked when I felt the under current dragging me away. Later when the panicky crew saved me from the mishap, it was found that I was dragged as far as some metres away. I shall never, in my life, forget this incident.
Where did you shoot in Benaras?
Among the eighty two ghats in Benaras, we shot at Rajghat-the best ghat in the holy city.Then we shot at the Ramnagar Palace. We were lucky to have had an audience with the Maharaja of Benaras then.

You were a model before you came to Mumbai?
Yes, I did a lot of ads prominent among them being ads for P.C.Chandra (was the first male model to have done a jewellery campaign). Then I did ads for National Insurance, Life Insurance Corporation, Peerless Insurance. The latest advertisement of mine that is being aired on TV is the one I did for EXIDE Batteries.

Fallen Angel

IF-Sizzlerz

Fallen Angel

Posted: 19 August 2006 at 9:06am | IP Logged

By her own admission she is an adventurous girl. An NCC cadet and a gold medallist in rifle shooting Divyanka wanted to become an army officer. But she didn't pursue her dream when she got busy participating in talent contests like Sahara One's Mr. & Miss Bollywood and Zee's India's Best. While she won the Sahara's Mr. & Miss contest and did a tele-film for the channel called Saathi Re, she got eliminated in the second round of Zee's India's Best.

She tried her luck at the Miss Bhopal beauty contest and emerged a winner. She soon participated in Zee's Teen Queen contest where she won the Miss beautiful skin title. "It gave me a lot of confidence and I thought of doing serials," recalls Divyanka who debuts on television next week in Zee's Banoo Main Teri Doolhan. 

Of course she had donned the grease paint and emoted before the camera before for Bhopal Doordarshan in a tele-film called Gulra Ke Baba which was based on well known literature Markandey's novel of the same name besides Sahara's Saathi Re. But those were one-off short films made on a much smaller scale and lacked the glamour and glitz of the mass entertainment daily soaps.

Though she was based in Bhopal she dreamed of working in regular television serials. Luckily her co-actor from one of her tele-films came to her aid. Through his model-coordinator he did the groundwork of reaching her pictures to the production house's office which was looking for a girl to play the main lead in Banoo Main Teri Doolhan. "I was called to Mumbai for an audition and to my surprise I was selected for the role," she smiles.

The show, according to Divyanka, is based in a small town and deals with a young girl's struggle to come up in life against all odds. "Like most small town girls, Vidya is a chirpy, confident and positive girl who strives to come out of her small town existence. Destiny helps her reach her goal. It's a beautiful story with lot of masala," laughs Divyanka who feels small town girls are more smarter and ambitious than big city girls.

"That's because when you have access to a lot of stuff your ambition takes a hit because things are taken for granted. On the other hand, small town girls dream big because they have limited access to opportunities." She is really excited about her role and big television debut.

"This is my first real big exposure and I hope I live up to everyone's expectations," she adds. But then like most small cities and town girls Divyanka is also not low on confidence. "In many ways I am like Vidya. I am a positive thinking girl and can face problems confidently. I love challenges," she asserts.

This is my first real exposure and I hope I live up to everyone's expectations. In many ways, I am like Vidya, a positive thinking girl and can face problems confidently. I love challenges - Divyanka, TV actress

Fallen Angel

IF-Sizzlerz

Fallen Angel

Posted: 19 August 2006 at 9:07am | IP Logged

Coming to a couch near you

Dulhan Banoo Main Teri is the story of Vidya, an illiterate girl from Benaras who has a fairy tale wedding and goes to live in Delhi. Unfortunately, she soon realises that her dream of marrying Prince Charming has been completely shattered. She has to battle against all odds from bearing the wrath of her in-laws to coming to terms with the fact that her husband has rejected her because she is an illiterate who doesn't gel with his lifestyle. Dulhan Banoo Mein Teri is the story of Vidya's destiny to gain both her life back and husband's love.

The show, produced by Neelima Bajpai of Reth fame, has newcomer Divyanka playing the lead role of Vidya. Opposite her is Sharad Malhotra, another young actor who has also acted in the Sony show Kabhie to Nazar Milao. Also seen will be actors like Kamya Punjabi and Rajendra Gupta. The show will go on air on Zee TV from Monday, August 14.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top