Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Shahid rejects Ranjhna,SDR,Besharam! (Page 11)

bonnefille IF-Rockerz
bonnefille
bonnefille

Posted: 14 October 2013 at 12:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by poppy2009

I dunno about other films, but there was no way in hell, that Shahid or for that matter any hero in bollywood could have done Dhanush's role in Raanjhnaa!

It was not just about the superlative acting by Dhanush, but also the way he looked...behaved...that was very essential to the character of Kundan!

Bollywood hero's are too self-conscious and vain to play a character like Kundan, IMO! No one wants to look bad on-screen, even when they are playing a supposedly unattractive looking, boorish and essentially idiotic character like Kundan! They would still want to come out looking good in some way or the other! But Dhanush had no such compuctions...he played Kundan the way it was supposed to be played!

Respect to Dhanush for taking on such a role and turning it on its head! Can't imagine anyone in bollywood being able to do that!

I agree with everything else but the bolded part. Kundan was a great part to play and any actor would have given his arm and leg to play it. Kundan was given all the heroic traits even though it was a character of a small town bumpkin. The unrealistic and over-the-top plot showing him saving the police official is just one of the examples. Kundan was showcased as a hero in many ways. I do not think any actor or star would have refused the role in Ranjhanaa, I doubt Shahid would have either. I personally feel that film roles eventually go to people who are destined to play them, it does not matter who initially was offered. The last choice is always the best choice. Shahid was just not meant to play these roles.           

Edited by bonnefille - 14 October 2013 at 12:42am

TeAmo_Messi IF-Stunnerz
TeAmo_Messi
TeAmo_Messi

Posted: 14 October 2013 at 2:08am | IP Logged

I dunno about other films, but there was no way in hell, that Shahid or for that matter any hero in bollywood could have done Dhanush's role in Raanjhnaa!

It was not just about the superlative acting by Dhanush, but also the way he looked...behaved...that was very essential to the character of Kundan!

Bollywood hero's are too self-conscious and vain to play a character like Kundan, IMO! No one wants to look bad on-screen, even when they are playing a supposedly unattractive looking, boorish and essentially idiotic character like Kundan! They would still want to come out looking good in some way or the other! But Dhanush had no such compuctions...he played Kundan the way it was supposed to be played!

Respect to Dhanush for taking on such a role and turning it on its head! Can't imagine anyone in bollywood being able to do that!
'
WORD... that is why i still think he deserves to win the best actor award ..  only male performance of this year which i can say flawless from every aspect .. it was more like we were watching Kundan himself and not Dhanush.. hatts off to Dhanush..
TeAmo_Messi IF-Stunnerz
TeAmo_Messi
TeAmo_Messi

Posted: 14 October 2013 at 2:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Pari117

Originally posted by chocolover89

Originally posted by vssaras

R..Rajkumar..cheap?..really...I am sure its nowhere near the thrill of seeing Ranbir's bare bottom..was it a closeup?..TongueLOL

I see no one applauding Shahid's great script sense..in not accepting Besharam..LOL

Yep all the stuff here at 1:25 between Shahid and Sonakshi, I find it cheap and chichora type of romance. I don't like Prabhudeva's idea of romance.

LOL, where did Besharam come in when I was talking about Raanjhana vs R...Rajkumar? LOL

ranjhana was dropped due to shahid's committments to sdr, so its worthless to mention that. And abt cheap and chichora see above comment someone mentioned noone wants to take up such roles so shahid declined ranjhana. Now you urself proved that shahid can do that even too. It was not cheap chichora thing for which shahid declined ranjhana obviously. Dats all i want to say

sorry to butt in between d convo.. but Kundan wasnt cheap or chichora .. i mean did u watch d film ?.. Shocked
and anyways, whatever d reasons r its Shahihd's loss that he missed out from such a great role..
Pari117 IF-Stunnerz
Pari117
Pari117

Bharat Ka Veer Putra - Maharana Pratap Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 14 October 2013 at 5:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by harshu.sundas

Originally posted by chocolover89

Originally posted by vssaras

R..Rajkumar..cheap?..really...I am sure its nowhere near the thrill of seeing Ranbir's bare bottom..was it a closeup?..TongueLOL

I see no one applauding Shahid's great script sense..in not accepting Besharam..LOL

Yep all the stuff here at 1:25 between Shahid and Sonakshi, I find it cheap and chichora type of romance. I don't like Prabhudeva's idea of romance.

LOL, where did Besharam come in when I was talking about Raanjhana vs R...Rajkumar? LOL

ranjhana was dropped due to shahid's committments to sdr, so its worthless to mention that. And abt cheap and chichora see above comment someone mentioned noone wants to take up such roles so shahid declined ranjhana. Now you urself proved that shahid can do that even too. It was not cheap chichora thing for which shahid declined ranjhana obviously. Dats all i want to say

sorry to butt in between d convo.. but Kundan wasnt cheap or chichora .. i mean did u watch d film ?.. Shocked
and anyways, whatever d reasons r its Shahihd's loss that he missed out from such a great role..
i didnt say this someone above wrote that bollywood actors like shahid couldnt do role of dhanush.. i think words like looking bad, unattractive, boorish, idiotic are synonymous as the person used

quoted from poppy comment:
poppy2009 IF-Rockerz
poppy2009
poppy2009

Posted: 14 October 2013 at 5:46am | IP Logged
@Pari, my comments were for the character of Kundan, not for Dhanush the actor. When I used the words unattractive and boorish...it was meant that the way Dhanush conveyed those things on-screen...not that he is unattractive and boorish. I am a huge fan of Dhanush...I have seen a lot of his tamil movies and I have great respect for him as an actor and as a person. Please don't misrepresent my words.

Also, I never singled Shahid out as not being able to do Dhanush's role in Raanjhnaa...I said that NO actor in bollywood could have done that role.

Shahid is a terribly underrated but undoubtedly gifted actor...but it was just my personal opinion, that he could not have done the role of Kundan in the way Dhanush had, had he even accepted it in the first place. He would have done some other version of the role...but not the way it eventually turned out to be.

Edited by poppy2009 - 14 October 2013 at 5:48am
Pari117 IF-Stunnerz
Pari117
Pari117

Bharat Ka Veer Putra - Maharana Pratap Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 14 October 2013 at 5:55am | IP Logged

@Pari, my comments were for the character of Kundan, not for Dhanush the actor. When I used the words unattractive and boorish...it was meant that the way Dhanush conveyed those things on-screen...not that he is unattractive and boorish. I am a huge fan of Dhanush...I have seen a lot of his tamil movies and I have great respect for him as an actor and as a person. Please don't misrepresent my words.

Also, I never singled Shahid out as not being able to do Dhanush's role in Raanjhnaa...I said that NO actor in bollywood could have done that role.

Shahid is a terribly underrated but undoubtedly gifted actor...but it was just my personal opinion, that he could not have done the role of Kundan in the way Dhanush had, had he even accepted it in the first place. He would have done some other version of the role...but not the way it eventually turned out to be.

i mentioned ur comment for kundan only, not for dhanush. i never misinterpreted it, as u said na that none of the bolly actors could take this unattractive and boorish role.. i wanted to say that it was not because of this reason shahid rejected this movie, it was because of date issues!! thats what i wanted to tell, otherwise actors never have problem in portraying any kind of role

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

poppy2009

poppy2009 IF-Rockerz
poppy2009
poppy2009

Posted: 14 October 2013 at 6:04am | IP Logged

i mentioned ur comment for kundan only, not for dhanush. i never misinterpreted it, as u said na that none of the bolly actors could take this unattractive and boorish role.. i wanted to say that it was not because of this reason shahid rejected this movie, it was because of date issues!! thats what i wanted to tell, otherwise actors never have problem in portraying any kind of role

Okay...thanks for clarifying!Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Pari117

Surabhi_G Senior Member
Surabhi_G
Surabhi_G

Posted: 14 October 2013 at 6:43am | IP Logged
What has happened can't be changed. He has lost these movies but if he tries, he can still do better.

Go to top