Balika Vadhu

India-Forums

Balika Vadhu
Balika Vadhu

Smita Played Sixteen year old Padmini in Itihaas! (Page 5)

Apple_Amber Senior Member
Apple_Amber
Apple_Amber

Posted: 28 June 2013 at 5:25am | IP Logged

Dear Friends!

Thank you sooo much for sharing the fond memories of  our very own Doordarshan days!Smile

Almost all of you remember more than me!  Lovesunshine I dont remember that  Hiten was part of Itihaas even dont have any clue of Surekha Sikri and the characters you mentioned in the last line of your post...Alas i  cudn't follow the whole show as I shifted to a new place and we didn't brought new tv for long and the old one we left  wid our remaining  Joint familySmile

But yes you reminded me of Choti maa being DIL of Ambika's sister. If I am not wrong and not mixing two serials ...Her name was Dr Mamta  she entered the house after love marraige much to the annoyance of her  MIL and her Brother in law (Karan)  was lost  in childhood  and he was  uneducated when he was found by Sheetal and Mahendra/ Arun Bali (Mahendra went insane in the mid of teh show and i guess he was furious wid his sister in law's (Priya Tendulkar)hubby Benzamin Gilani FOR HE WAS ONCE HIS servant ...AND I bleakly remeber Even Sheetal had affair wid him before getting married to Rich Mahendra) and tehn they trained him overnight and gave him Bobby deol's hair style...and then he fell for a spoilt brait Ayesha and married her and she changed into a gud person and she too belonhed to an estranged family her sister Sapna had a mysterious entry in teh show (Much like AShn negi in Bade ache lagte hai)  Ayesha nevr knew she has a sister and her mother is alive and divorced by her father...Ayseha stayed wid dad while sapna wid mom and then she  came to reconcile Ayesha wid her dying mom...Am I right? Hope it happenned in Itihaas only!

Mona and Mukul (Poonam Narula (Kasam and Shararat fame) Played DIL of  Another sister (Sunita) of Ambika ...she cudn't conceive so they hired Chanda the pros to give birth to Mukul's child...Mukul also wanted to Pursue Singing career!   ...

Mona's brother was Suraj and her dad (Veenit Kumar) had hair style like that of Abdul kalalamji  LOLand he portaryed an interesting grey shade wid his friend  shrivastava (Lalit Tiwari), Shrivastava's wife was abused, insane and always mute for she lost her daughter later she was cured and I don't remember who was discovered to be her daughter?  a politician...Mona's Mayka story was full of politics...Her brother Suraj too had an interesting story he was married to a negative and demanding wife ...(The one who plays Megha's sis in law in Na bole tum na maine kuch kaha)

I remember till Alleeza a look like of Ambika entrs the show and  the real Shivani was kidnapped by dont know whom amd she writes a letter wid bolod to hero inspector Kabeer who releases her finally Aleeza was daughter of some doctor and  i guess the  same was mentor of Ambika...

I remember Ambika interfering in Padmini's college and using her status against her untill she know that she is her own daughter!!!!!!!!!

I also rember cute Peshali/preshali  she was married to Bittu and they also hatched some cunning plan infront of company workers wherin she played boss and her hubby played worker...

Cudn'y watch till Padmini know that Ambika is her mother...I hazily remeber Shivani having hallucinations of Shoes and other stuff reminding he rof her hubby seemed he was abusive ...When I watch present day serials from the same production house I strongly feel Itihaas was one of its kind. Specially in regard to its coherence and the plot construction! Three sisters their past and lives, their children and their relationships wid their life partners and extended relations...every character was given enogh space wid an interesting storyline...Plots and subplots all had equal passionate intensity!.

And Yes Nikkie I   also came to know taht the only TUlasi that  Google knows is Smiriti Irani!LOL

But I rember  DD 1 Tulsi...Though I never followed th show as i used to come back home  from school at sharp 1

I remember Tulsi's opening episode  was in court, wherin Tulsi murdered  Rich Jaiswal defending herself against Rape attempt... So far I know Tulsi too was a story of three estranged sisters ...Tulsi Anita and Gul...  Anita ( Not Sure of her name)  played some buisness women or Model ...Gul was a  cute  adopted teen  and I loved her though I remember not any of her scenes or storyline...Tulsi loved some advocate adthen i guess there was some love triangle...

and it was reveled that Jaiswal's wife murdered him for she knew his character...and She loved her brother in law and  married his brother under some presseure...

Enough  of scraching the brain for the day! Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

lovesunshine

lovesunshine Goldie
lovesunshine
lovesunshine

Posted: 01 July 2013 at 2:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by tiny15

Originally posted by lovesunshine

@zephyr29 yes sorry smita was not in banegi apni baat (i confused her with firdaus dadi who was on the show) but Smita was in another tv show on Zee Tv - Campus

read - http://www.urlremoved/2012/01/bv-chit-chat-smita-bansal.html

btw Zee has a new channel Lamhe where they show old shows and I think they are telecasting Amanat on it..

:)
ash is it campus or challenge??
and was prashant bahtt whos now CEO of colors fiction paired opp. smita??and siraj khan played a spoilt brat??Confused
@tiny smita was in campus as well as challenge..campus was on zee it think and challenge was on sony but it was  telecast-ed  few years after  campus...yes she was cast opposite prashant bhatt :) smita played  a naive, pampered rich daddy's girl in challenge who was in love with prashant (his screen name was tarun)...and as usual her daddy dearest did not like it because prashant was poor...that was the story...Big smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Apple_Amberanu rulz

lovesunshine Goldie
lovesunshine
lovesunshine

Posted: 01 July 2013 at 3:07am | IP Logged
@amber...yes you are correct about the story of Itihaas Smile also itihaas was really nice show because the PH/CV's stuck to teh nasic story..there was not much TRP hype in those days..and so they stuck to the original story..also the characters were amazing!

I was talking about banegi apni when I said Surekha sikri was part of it.. not itihaas..in banegi apni baat surekha sikri plyes the role of firdaus dadi's motherBig smile her character was of a very soft hearted loving widow mother..

Sorry Hiten Tejwani  did his debut in another of balaji's hit show ghar ek madir Smile

Edited by lovesunshine - 01 July 2013 at 3:10am

Apple_Amberanu rulz

zephyr29 IF-Rockerz
zephyr29
zephyr29

Posted: 01 July 2013 at 5:36am | IP Logged

@amber...yes you are correct about the story of Itihaas Smile also itihaas was really nice show because the PH/CV's stuck to teh nasic story..there was not much TRP hype in those days..and so they stuck to the original story..also the characters were amazing!

I was talking about banegi apni when I said Surekha sikri was part of it.. not itihaas..in banegi apni baat surekha sikri plyes the role of firdaus dadi's motherBig smile her character was of a very soft hearted loving widow mother..

Sorry Hiten Tejwani  did his debut in another of balaji's hit show ghar ek madir Smile

@bold, I  loved Surekha Sikri in Banegi Apni Baat. She was my favorite Serial mom back then. A soft yet strong single mother who would stand by her daughters in all their difficult moments. I loved their bonding scenes, it seemed very natural. I was very young back then so don't remember most of it. You can imagine my surprise when I saw her years later in BV in a completely different avatar and down-right mean LOL!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Apple_Amberlovesunshineanu rulz

lovesunshine Goldie
lovesunshine
lovesunshine

Posted: 01 July 2013 at 5:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by zephyr29

@bold, I  loved Surekha Sikri in Banegi Apni Baat. She was my favorite Serial mom back then. A soft yet strong single mother who would stand by her daughters in all their difficult moments. I loved their bonding scenes, it seemed very natural. I was very young back then so don't remember most of it. You can imagine my surprise when I saw her years later in BV in a completely different avatar and down-right mean LOL!
yea...i was also very little back then but i still remember one scene of her which i loved...

Its shown that the kids are having final exams of the college and surekha sikri's  youngest daughter on the show (played by actress  firdaus dadi) is doing a last minute revision before leaving home for the exams. she is shown as literally doing the ratta maar Wink and then she fears that she cant remember anything..and she approaches her mummy surekha sikri and says,          " mummy main fail ho jaaongi mummy (mummy i will fail)." and surekhaji just hugged her and calmed her down and said everything will be fine don't worry..

I remember I had  then pointed this scene to my mom and told her " dekha mummy woh kitni acchi mummy hai" fail ho gaye toh daat ti bhi nahi hai ulta pyaar karti hai..app hote aur main aisa exams ke  last moment bolti toh aap toh  meri vaat laga deti..."LOL

Edited by lovesunshine - 01 July 2013 at 5:58am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Apple_Amberzephyr29anu rulz

jaasoos Newbie
jaasoos
jaasoos

Posted: 01 July 2013 at 6:14am | IP Logged

Originally posted by zephyr29

yea...i was also very little back then but i still remember one scene of her which i loved...

Its shown that the kids are having final exams of the college and surekha sikri's  youngest daughter on the show (played by actress  firdaus dadi) is doing a last minute revision before leaving home for the exams. she is shown as literally doing the ratta maar Wink and then she fears that she cant remember anything..and she approaches her mummy surekha sikri and says,          " mummy main fail ho jaaongi mummy (mummy i will fail)." and surekhaji just hugged her and calmed her down and said everything will be fine don't worry..

I remember I had  then pointed this scene to my mom and told her " dekha mummy woh kitni acchi mummy hai" fail ho gaye toh daat ti bhi nahi hai ulta pyaar karti hai..app hote aur main aisa exams ke  last moment bolti toh aap toh  meri vaat laga deti..."LOL

Apple_Amber

jaasoos Newbie
jaasoos
jaasoos

Posted: 01 July 2013 at 6:16am | IP Logged
hey, i think surekha sikri alos played teh role of a school principal/ teacher in a serial 'just mohabbat'. do u remember guys?

Apple_Amberlovesunshine

lovesunshine Goldie
lovesunshine
lovesunshine

Posted: 01 July 2013 at 6:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by jaasoos

hey, i think surekha sikri alos played teh role of a school principal/ teacher in a serial 'just mohabbat'. do u remember guys?

yes i do... she was the funny principal...really loved it..

Apple_Amber

Go to top