Balika Vadhu

India-Forums

Balika Vadhu
Balika Vadhu

Smita Played Sixteen year old Padmini in Itihaas! (Page 4)

tiny15 IF-Stunnerz
tiny15
tiny15

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 12:28pm | IP Logged
@zephyr don't rembr!! i think u r rite that santosh was lead!! if i see her pic then i may recognise her.Confused

Edited by tiny15 - 27 June 2013 at 12:29pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Apple_Amberzephyr29

tanvismile IF-Sizzlerz
tanvismile
tanvismile

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 1:00pm | IP Logged
what was smita s character in amanat ?I dont know ,i remember the elder girl,santosh ,and the second one who was gracy singh,gracy ran with her boyfrnd on the day of marriage and santosh who was actually rejected by the them had to marry last minute,the hubby came to know this on their SR night,he was shocked ,gosh this concept was new ,was so different without bg tunes din thana ,it was the first hit dulhan exchange  marriage LOLnowadays its commonLOL  Sarhaden was a show where smita a lead where two men fell in love with her ,it had nice title song ,one guy who loved her was indian while the other who she loved and he too loved her was ouside the sarhaden ,not sure pakistani ? [not sure but there were 2 heroes]             the guy brought a bonquet of flowers and she said phool toh bhagijomein acche lagte hain LOL  i think in that scene she was red top ,jeans ,shoulder level hair,she looked very bubbly in that attire.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Apple_Amberzephyr29anu rulztiny15

neelabha Senior Member
neelabha
neelabha

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 1:04pm | IP Logged
Santosh was played by Pooja Madaan. At first, the seven sisters were in the spotlight as a group. After some time, Santosh and her marital woes became the main focus of the story. Yes, the second sister Dinky (Gracy Singh) did get phased out of the show. She went abroad, and never came back. But, after the success of Lagaan, Gracy played a cameo as herself in the serial. The other sisters visited her-- a successful film actress-- and commented on how much she resembled Dinky.
Apart from Gracy, the other cast member who made it big in cinema was Shreyas Talpade, of course. Cast members like Sudhir Pandey (Lalaji), Bharat Kapoor (Ahmed), Smita Bansal (Bala), Harsh Khurana (Harsh), Amardeep Jha (Dinky's mother-in-law), Reeta Bhaduri (Santosh's mother-in-law) and Swapnil Joshi (Inder) became major TV stars.

Edited by neelabha - 27 June 2013 at 1:11pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

anu rulzzephyr29tiny15

zephyr29 IF-Rockerz
zephyr29
zephyr29

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 1:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by tiny15

@zephyr don't rembr!! i think u r rite that santosh was lead!! if i see her pic then i may recognise her.Confused

I managed to find 2 images of Santosh

That's Saanchi's Daddu and Jagya's mom LOL

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

sbadamApple_Amberlovesunshineanu rulzSuchi-

NiharikaMishra Goldie
NiharikaMishra
NiharikaMishra

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 8:48pm | IP Logged
I don't know how many will remember this but the ones keenly following Doordarshan will remember another very good show of Smita titled Tulsi

It was produced by Romesh Sharma

If anyone remembers the show and has any links related to I do let me know as any searches for the show end up directing me to Kyunki Saas bhi kabhi Bahu Thi LOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Apple_Amberlovesunshineanu rulz

smittu Goldie
smittu
smittu

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 11:29pm | IP Logged
yes, i too loved that show ...and yes --smita bansal, anita kulkarni (chotti ma), joan david-- i am kind of recollecting now...btw want to add-- chotti ma is so good looking na ..no offence to anyone, just my thot -- in her younger days , she was even better...

thanks for refreshing our memories !!!!!!!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Apple_Amberlovesunshinezephyr29anu rulz

anu rulz IF-Rockerz
anu rulz
anu rulz

Posted: 28 June 2013 at 3:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by zephyr29

Originally posted by anu rulz

Originally posted by ayesha321

Was Amanat the show about a punjabi family with lots of daughters? I think Gracy Singh was in it. Also I think Shiv's Dadu was their dad?
yup..gracy singh had made her debut with it..my mother was a huge fan of the show..so i used to sit thru it too..smita bansal had a cute character in it..but funnily, all the guys in the show were wierd lookin..each and every one of them..

I actually used to like Swapnil Joshi who was paired with the 4th sis Embarrassed.
Wasn't Smita paired opposite Shreyas Talpade? He was also a medical student alongwith her.
oh yeah, its was sheyas opposite her..i had blanked it out sumhow..LOL i only remembered the wierd guys..esp, the guys opp pooja, gracy and the 5th sister.. i think the 5th guy is tapu's mama in UT.. swapnil joshi's pair was not fitting with the 4th sister, i found... but yes, there were good-looking guys..my bad..LOL

Apple_Amberzephyr29

anu rulz IF-Rockerz
anu rulz
anu rulz

Posted: 28 June 2013 at 3:56am | IP Logged
@ dolly: was hussain in the show?? i think hussain made his debut in another show called aashirwad on zee: opposite mansi salvi..i dnt remember him in amanat..

Apple_Amberzephyr29

Go to top