Balika Vadhu

India-Forums

Balika Vadhu
Balika Vadhu

Smita Played Sixteen year old Padmini in Itihaas! (Page 2)

lifelessons IF-Dazzler
lifelessons
lifelessons

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 8:43am | IP Logged

The mention of Smita playing 16 year old made me curious and I checked it out...turns out I remember watching this show when i was little...Dont remember the story much but it does have some amazing actors and some of them i really liked.Big smile...I just saw there is an episode on youtube. I just googled 'Itihaas serial'

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Apple_Amberlovesunshinetiny15

lovesunshine Goldie
lovesunshine
lovesunshine

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 8:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ayesha321

The mention of Smita playing 16 year old made me curious and I checked it out...turns out I remember watching this show when i was little...Dont remember the story much but it does have some amazing actors and some of them i really liked.Big smile...I just saw there is an episode on youtube. I just googled 'Itihaas serial'

yea but sad they have uploaded only two episodes of this show..i really wish they upload all the episodes as i dont remember what happens

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Apple_Ambertiny15

zephyr29 IF-Rockerz
zephyr29
zephyr29

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 9:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Amberpreet

Thank You Friends!

Lovsunshine,  I got two of the episodes downloaded (Episode one and two) from Balaji Telifilm's you tube channel! My friends in Pavitrav Rishta forum  guessed that Balaji has started uploading Itihaas episodes very recently and even I think so as I only got two episodes that too first and second! Though I wud look forward to have it all!

I loved this show specially the background music at that time it appealed as one of its kind! And the storryline was also toucjing specially when it came to Joan David and her estranged daughter Smita Bansal who was kinda stolen by the maid  Kaushlaya/Savita Prabhune (Sulochna of Paviytra Rishta)

And the Nani (Pratima Kazmi)  of Uttran played a  very intersesting role of Khabri to princess Ambika!ShivaniLOL Prabha Sinha  (Sumit's Mother in kkumkum) and Priya Tendulkar ( Dead daughter of famous writer Vijay Tendulkar ) Also played Ambika's onscreen sisters.

And I got to know taht Joan David also portrayed th character of Richa  in banegi apni baat   (Some Zee tv show I havebn't watched)

@bold Yeah and it was Surekha Sikri who played her mom in that. But I think Joan was replaced with Shefali Chayya in later episodes.

Originally posted by lovesunshine

Thanks Amber i will try checking YT again ..

yea the background music was also superb...n little spooky..n the scene /view of ambika's mansion from outside spooked me..

n that khabri used to give khabars to everyone :) even stars like hiten tejwani had made their debut in this serial...but i do not remember how the serial was concluded , what was its end?

i used to watch banegi apni baat little bit n smita bansal, actor who plays bhairav and surekha sikri all were there on that show as well..:)

I don't remember Smita and Anup Soni on the show but do remember Sadia Siddiqui, who plays Anandi's teacher, in that. She played the vamp in that show. What really surprised me was that she looks exactly the same even after all these years Shocked!

I remember seeing Smita for the 1st time in Amanat on Zee TV. Coincidentally she played a medical student in that. She is another person who looks just the same even now. Anyone seen that show?

lovesunshine Goldie
lovesunshine
lovesunshine

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 9:52am | IP Logged
@zephyr29 yes sorry smita was not in banegi apni baat (i confused her with firdaus dadi who was on the show) but Smita was in another tv show on Zee Tv - Campus

read - http://www.urlremoved/2012/01/bv-chit-chat-smita-bansal.html

btw Zee has a new channel Lamhe where they show old shows and I think they are telecasting Amanat on it..

:)

Edited by lovesunshine - 27 June 2013 at 9:53am

Apple_Amberzephyr29tiny15

zephyr29 IF-Rockerz
zephyr29
zephyr29

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 10:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by lovesunshine

@zephyr29 yes sorry smita was not in banegi apni baat (i confused her with firdaus dadi who was on the show) but Smita was in another tv show on Zee Tv - Campus

read - http://www.urlremoved/2012/01/bv-chit-chat-smita-bansal.html

btw Zee has a new channel Lamhe where they show old shows and I think they are telecasting Amanat on it..

:)

Wow really?? Thanks a lot
I never got to see Amanat fully so never knew what happened in the end.

anu rulz IF-Rockerz
anu rulz
anu rulz

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 10:41am | IP Logged
@zephyr: it took a leap and then the story went down-hill..i dint see it after the leap, but i knew from my mum who used to watch it, tht there was sum track of sibling rivalry and confusion between the kids of the next generation..smita's character had a daughter who hated tht her mum dint have time for her, as she was a busy doc..

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Apple_Amberlovesunshinezephyr29tiny15

lifelessons IF-Dazzler
lifelessons
lifelessons

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 10:50am | IP Logged
Was Amanat the show about a punjabi family with lots of daughters? I think Gracy Singh was in it. Also I think Shiv's Dadu was their dad?
Weird I dont remember Smita in it

Edited by ayesha321 - 27 June 2013 at 10:52am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Apple_Amberlovesunshinezephyr29tiny15

anu rulz IF-Rockerz
anu rulz
anu rulz

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 10:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ayesha321

Was Amanat the show about a punjabi family with lots of daughters? I think Gracy Singh was in it. Also I think Shiv's Dadu was their dad?
yup..gracy singh had made her debut with it..my mother was a huge fan of the show..so i used to sit thru it too..smita bansal had a cute character in it..but funnily, all the guys in the show were wierd lookin..each and every one of them..

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Apple_Amberlovesunshinelifelessonszephyr29tiny15

Go to top